The MIJ Compatability Thread: Helping you find the MIJ LP you've been searching for.

Dave944

Reaction score
If you're looking for a poor man's R9 and see a Tokai HLS model come up, jump on it. Those are the ones Hibiki had made for them, from what I understand they have Tokai COAs but they weren't built by Tokai. I tried finding more info on this "super shop" that built them but couldn't get much.

These things are killer. They have monster tops, dark boards, thin finishes, they feel great in the hands, and they really do that telecaster on steroids thing people talk about when discussing vintage Les Pauls. This guitar reminds me of the tele I had with a stacked rail bridge pickup. Except unlike the tele this one sounds and feels right. There is a really good looking one that was listed on reverb today but it's a local pickup only so unless you want to drive to California or can convince that guy to ship it, that's probably not an option.
This one?? Mine now!!! She is a sweetheart, I have a OBG goldtop as well and they are close, but the Tokai has that something, slightly not as wide neck, but close, Orville just rings acoustically though.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.1jpg.jpg
    IMG_0409.1jpg.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_03991.jpg
    IMG_03991.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 25

Tjorven

Reaction score
I have a History les paul model with a smaller neck heel to easily access higher frets which is AWESOME.
Are there any more MIJ guitar makers out there that does this?!

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a History les paul model with a smaller neck heel to easily access higher frets which is AWESOME.
Are there any more MIJ guitar makers out there that does this?!
ESP
Momose

smk506

Reaction score
My Bacchus has a sculpted heel, but I’m not sure how common that is for them since I think it’s a one off.

Tjorven

Reaction score
My Bacchus has a sculpted heel, but I’m not sure how common that is for them since I think it’s a one off.
Looked alot at Bacchus guitars but never seen one with contoured heel.. Do you know the model name?

Latest Threads