The MIJ Compatability Thread: Helping you find the MIJ LP you've been searching for.

Greco

Reaction score
Nice. :yesway:

I have added it to my watch list.
Glad to hear you liked it! I'm happy I was able to help. If you would like, I can search for more models. Although I must admit, I don't think there will be any under $1,000. I'm willing to try though.

mdubya

Reaction score
Glad to hear you liked it! I'm happy I was able to help. If you would like, I can search for more models. Although I must admit, I don't think there will be any under $1,000. I'm willing to try though.

I can see a good ball park in which to be looking.

I have a Tokai on my watch list, too. It is in a very similar price range. (actually, it is on tgp, not reverb, but still watching).

It also gives me plenty to think about as I am on the lookout for a couple of different options in the $1k to $2k range. ~$800 is easier to justify than ~$1500.

I did just score a new (to me) guitar earlier this month, though, so I am probably sitting tight until an offer I can't refuse presents itself.

Thanks for your help and guidance. :yesway:

Greco

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was hoping more people would use this thread but I guess my idea failed. Maybe we can get a mod to sticky the thread? I dunno what do you guys think?

drugprowlingwolf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a nitro/lacquer finished double cut Junior in tv yellow. Strongly prefer an open book headstock shape and a medium/59 profile as opposed to a baseball bat. Bigger frets is a plus - cool premiums like Honduran mahogany or whatever is a plus too, but not necessary. Brazilian board and hide glue neck joint would be excellent.

Budget is pretty flexible - I need to retire my original 58 dc because it just makes me anxious to take out of the house these days. It would ideally not cost anywhere near a CS option from Gibson for a similar guitar.

Since some of you are so savvy on digging these up, I am open to providing a finders fee for the right piece.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a nitro/lacquer finished double cut Junior in tv yellow. Strongly prefer an open book headstock shape and a medium/59 profile as opposed to a baseball bat. Bigger frets is a plus - cool premiums like Honduran mahogany or whatever is a plus too, but not necessary. Brazilian board and hide glue neck joint would be excellent.

Budget is pretty flexible - I need to retire my original 58 dc because it just makes me anxious to take out of the house these days. It would ideally not cost anywhere near a CS option from Gibson for a similar guitar.

Since some of you are so savvy on digging these up, I am open to providing a finders fee for the right piece.

I'd think Edwards or Bacchus/Deviser for something similar to what you'd need. A good gigging guitar and if necessary a club for drunks. For a Braz board you might have to look harder. For a neck you want you'd have to ask what years have what.

drugprowlingwolf

Reaction score
I'd think Edwards or Bacchus/Deviser for something similar to what you'd need. A good gigging guitar and if necessary a club for drunks. For a Braz board you might have to look harder. For a neck you want you'd have to ask what years have what.

Nothing but an 88 Greco with an added abr out there right now by the looks of it. Some super inflated examples but at that point I could grab an equivalent Gibson.

Always appreciate your feedback!

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
Yeah Bacchus did a run of these but not sure of the neck size. Bacchus necks can often be notoriously huge.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
I'd ask around about one like this. No affiliation, fair price against a Gibson.

Latest Threads