The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

kakerlak

Reaction score
Edwards makes a P90 Black Beauty. Is there something else wrong with that one?
^This is what I'd try to track down. Should be a fine instrument. I can't really recall any others. I know Heritage did an anniversary model with the staple pole neck pickup and everything a few years back, if you're looking for something fancier than Edwards, but still cheaper than Gibson Historic and/or the alnico neck pickup is a make-or-break deal for you. I think all the Edwards I've seen are dual P-90 guitars.

Roxy13

Reaction score
^This is what I'd try to track down. Should be a fine instrument. I can't really recall any others. I know Heritage did an anniversary model with the staple pole neck pickup and everything a few years back, if you're looking for something fancier than Edwards, but still cheaper than Gibson Historic and/or the alnico neck pickup is a make-or-break deal for you. I think all the Edwards I've seen are dual P-90 guitars.
Same here. I can't think of any others either that are customs.

Tokai made a black standard with P90s, cream plastics and trap inlays.

comcf

Reaction score
@justinspv I have the Edwards LP Custom with P-90s, cherry color, i.e., it's all mahogany, unlike the black, which has maple top. Might be persuaded to part with it. PM me.

justinspv

Reaction score
Many thanks for all the suggestions and advice. If anyone has a black Edwards E-LP-130 or similar p90 fitted Tokai, Crews, Momose or Bacchus please pm me

Roxy13

Reaction score
1990 Greco EGC 600

Mahogany body and neck
Rosewood fretboard

The Good:

Brand new refret wtih Jescar medium jumbo nickel silver frets
New bone nut
New pickup rings
New pickguard
New Switchcraft long toggle and jack
CTS US Spec pots
PIO caps
50s wired
Bridge pickup is SD APH1. The sticker fell off sometime while I was putting it into the pickup ring (I think) and I haven't found it yet, but that is what it said on the bottom. It's 4 conductor so could be coil split.
Neck pickup is a Fujigen one that was in my History SH-LCV. Mid PAFish. It's also 4 conductor so could be coil split
Very resonant guitar and playing great!

The Bad:

This guitar is very definitely player's grade and especially has heavy playwear on the back although the neck only has a couple of little marks that can't be felt when playing.
The worst on the front is a long, faint scratch across the lower bout and another medium scratch, about 1.5" long, also on the lower bout. Faint scratches under the toggle switch are another area of heavier wear.
The sides have a few small marks.
The headstock has some discoloration that was difficult to show in a photo.
Moderate/heavy wear on the fretboard between the 1st and 2nd frets, middle to bass side of the neck, and some lighter fretboard wear on the treble side between the 5th and 7th frets.

$650 plus shipping CONUS only at this time due to extremely long delays international. Will be very well packed and in an older Japanese gigbag. If you would like the hard case I've been using with it, add $50. The case is in very good condition other than a tear on the bottom edge, less than an inch long. That could probably be glued or just cover the sliver of bare wood with a Sharpie if it bothers you. It came that way and it wasn't worth it to me to send it back.

Photos here:

Please PM any questions. I'm probably not interested in trades right now as I've started building and am probably going to let go at least one more guitar.

It also still has it's set up strings on it so if you want to buy it I have 9s and 10s here and will restring it. I think this one should be top wrapped as it has the vintage neck angle and the break angle to the TP is pretty steep.

free713

Reaction score
SOLD!
A lot of love for Momose and Bacchus these days....I don't blame people. Just great instruments...and I should know after having owned about 30 Bacchus and 10 Momose. Most of the Momose are still with me as they are second to none. I've also had quite a bit of experience with their acoustic offering: Headway and wow just wow. A very well kept secret as these are some real gems. Just like their electric cousins they just play so well and the build quality is so nice. I own five Headway and I gotta let one off them go now. It's a very nice Headway HD 313. Handmade in Japan around 2005. Solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides. 1 piece african mahogany neck and ebony board and bridge. Gotoh tuners. Great condition with minimal wear. Just some minor natural wear in the finish on the neck. Low action and great playability. Full and balanced sound with plenty of warmth and bass thanks to the solid back and sides. An alternative to the Martin D-28 for sure.

More pics and catalogue (according to the catalogue it has a rosewood fingerboard, but this guitar 100 % has an ebony fingerboard - maybe a special run?)

850 euro + shipping. Guitar is located in Denmark, EU. Will be shipped in a quality SKB softcase

villager

Reaction score
that burny is a complete scan.. the guy bids up his own auctions..

Homeras

Reaction score
You can make even more ridiculous attempt to sell burny:

Last edited:

comcf

Reaction score
Selling a recently acquired Edwards E-LP-130CD/P. Very nice condition, fresh from Japan. No issues. These are rare; spent some time looking. Ebony board, all mahogany body (unlike the black version, which has maple top).

$1,000 plus shipping OBRO.

162AF49A-0BF0-42BD-AB35-03A98DFE9D5F.jpeg

ECD8E3B2-1A69-4410-8926-2158D0ED6460.jpeg

1A43B9C9-CBF1-4E0C-902A-F0C09B5EF992.jpeg

EBBB99AF-D159-447D-B8CA-3ED2F559DCF7.jpeg
0771F857-606A-4F3C-891D-E407092083A7.jpeg

Lumi71

Reaction score
Still availiable.
Nothing wrong with the guitar, Just a few, not too bad cosmetical issues. Just wanted to be honest...
Tokai HLS-BZF. The HLS-BZF seems to be a very special run for a shop...
Very rare, only 6 pieces have been made. It has all the features you want in a unique high-end single cuz. Same specs as the current HLS Max for about 500.000 yen new.

-correct neck angle
-Nitro laquer
-hide glue
-Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
-59 full neck profile
-fret edge binding.
-Honduran mahogany body- 1 piece
-hand carved solid flame maple top

Here is the link (archive) to the original page
web.archive.org/web/20150305074224/musikland.co.jp:80.

Unfortunately the previous owner of the guitar didn't mention some cosmetic issues when I bought it...
-Comes with Tonepros Tuning machines
https://reverb.com/item/375526-tonepros-tpkb3-sn-kluson-tuners-3-3-keystone-bolt-bushing-satin-nickel-10mm
So holes for tuning machines have been drilled 10mm half way from the back of headstock. Original Kluson style (9mm) will work, too- tried it. They sit in the holes and there is no problem with tuning, but thy dont sit overly tight in the holes, as it has been drilled half way from the back.. So you can leave in the Tonepros or always drill it 10 mm all trough for Klusons with conversion bushings or use some Grovers...
-There is a cosmetic issue with some of the dots on the sides. It seems that some of them have been replaced with slighly larger ones. . I am not sure what happened. It is not too obvious from some distance. Can send pics of course.
-Looks like the tone pots have been replaced. Comes with 300 kohm tone pots .The volume pots seem to be original. The caps are bumblebees, which isn't a bad thing. But I doubt they're original. Soldering is not very professional.

The guitar is in good condition. It has some marks on the back, but the front is in very good condition. The frets are also in very good condition.
The pictures are with reflector knobs from the 60s, but the originals are included.

So you can see that there are some cosmetic issues and that it may need some adjustments and care , but it's still a great guitar that has all the high-end features of the historic LPs and top specs.

The weight is 4,1 KG

It comes with original case and the price is without pickups.
For 120 Euro (100 GBP) + I can add some Tokai MKII Pafs (not installed)

I am willing to make a loss for the cosmetic points mentioned. The price reflects this and there is no real room for offers as I paid a lot more for it.
Reason for selling is that the neck is too fat for me and I am mainly a Strat and Tele player.

Guitar is located in Germany.
Only EU sale for the brazilian fretboard.

1600 Euro incl. shipping in all Europe.

More pics availiable

View attachment 463356

Lumi71

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm selling a Tokai Love Rock LS80 from the year 1980.

A great guitar that lives up to the reputation of the old Tokais!
Only selling it because the neck is a bit too thick for me. I would call it 'Medium 59'. I prefer a thinner neck profile...

One-piece mahogany body, fretboard binding, nitro finish .
Before 1982, Tokay was still handmade.

Of course, the guitar is not without traces of use, but for on its age, it is in in very good condition. The frets and the fretboard are still excellent.
The weight is about 3.9 KG , so in the optimal range.
The top has a beautiful 'carving' and the fretboard is made of very dark rosewood.

As far as I can see, everything is original, except for an upgrade of the electronics and pickups. Instead of the board with the pots, etc., it now has CTS pots and Pio Caps, as well as copper foil in the electrical compartment.
Pickups are Tokai MKII PAF, which are also used in the newer Tokais.
A Vintage LP case in good condition is included. But this is not the original Tokai.
It is well adjusted and immediately ready to play.
The guitar comes with the original Kluson single ring machine heads, not with the double ring as on the pictures.
I'm located in Germany
More pictures are here :
ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/tokai-ls-80-1980-les-paul-vintag...

CIMG8643 (2).JPG

Latest Threads