The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I think shipping costs had gone up even before covid. I recently paid way too much myself. I have also noticed tons of crazy prices on YJ auctions. Like a greco sa1200 for over 3000USD. There is even an entry level single pickup greco firebird for over 100k JPY. I think prices have become a bit crazy on domestic stuff too though. People don't think twice about paying 400 for a pedal.

Hydra19

Reaction score
Market is crazy when you really want something, but when you don't have the funds, there is plenty of offers. I sold a Jackson hoping to get a nice Les Paul with the money, but now they nice MIJ's I have been wanting are going for £2k and above and mid level models around £1.5k. Keep your eyes open and the opportunities will come, I just missed out on a '81 Greco EGF 1000 for an affordable price, and it was the shipping and tax that took it out of my price range, now the waiting begins again

zeneffect

Reaction score
edwards is still a bargain. I consistently pick them up for around $350-$400 (before shipping from Japan) with zero issues.

zeneffect

Reaction score
It seems the less descriptive the ad, the cheaper it goes for. I usually look for factory protective plastics still attached and stickers on the pickups, or the mid 00s with the nice cherry veneer (you guys know the ones..)

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel bad as I have way too many guitars and many of those are MIJ. Just can't find the time to go thru, pic and list them. I end up plugging in and playing each and before I know it I've burned up half a day and made almost no progress.
Haha, I can see that. It might be a good idea to keep them. I have an Ornetts '54 and a Navigator NLP that I left in Canada (had been planning to move back at one point). I keep thinking maybe the current LPs I have in Australia are likely as good. But selling the Nav and Ornetts makes no sense since I will never be able to buy a similar guitar at the prices I paid 5 or 6 years ago. Who knows though. Maybe once I get the guitars all together, it will be apparent which ones are to be kept. I have 4 Les Paul style guitars and 1 strat (plus 2 strats I am selling). I keep thinking more variety would be better (ie. a semihollowbody, telecaster and maybe baritone style guitar).

If anyone has a telecaster with a thick neck, then let me know.

I have 2 strats that I would consider on a trade deal. (1981 Greco SE500 and 2004 Fender ST57-105DMC).

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Price lowered on the Greco Spacey Sound strat (small headstock, 57 style)

$600 USD including shipping to US/Europe (unless AusPost gives an insane quote)

I recently bought 2 maple neck strats and realized I prefer rosewood.
Haven't bothered to advertise the ST57-105DMC yet. If there is any interest send a PM.

1981 Greco SE500 Spacey Sound

Very good condition with minimal fret wear.
2 piece sen ash body. Greco stamped tuners and bridge,
Will try to update a price but I am more interested in trades on a telecaster with a fat neck.

I am in Australia so shipping is a little pricey.

Price 700 with shipping to USA. (Looks like Europe would be similar)

View attachment 472978

zombywoof

Reaction score
Haha, I can see that. It might be a good idea to keep them. I have an Ornetts '54 and a Navigator NLP that I left in Canada (had been planning to move back at one point). I keep thinking maybe the current LPs I have in Australia are likely as good. But selling the Nav and Ornetts makes no sense since I will never be able to buy a similar guitar at the prices I paid 5 or 6 years ago. Who knows though. Maybe once I get the guitars all together, it will be apparent which ones are to be kept. I have 4 Les Paul style guitars and 1 strat (plus 2 strats I am selling). I keep thinking more variety would be better (ie. a semihollowbody, telecaster and maybe baritone style guitar).

If anyone has a telecaster with a thick neck, then let me know.

I have 2 strats that I would consider on a trade deal. (1981 Greco SE500 and 2004 Fender ST57-105DMC).
Ah yes, nothing quite like a fat neck Tele....It took me 45 plus years to fully appreciate the Telecaster. Everyone should own one!

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
Ah yes, nothing quite like a fat neck Tele....It took me 45 plus years to fully appreciate the Telecaster. Everyone should own one!
I had a 78 Greco that I should have kept and upgraded the neck on. Been thinking about a thinline tele with a bigsby and a roasted maple neck. If I lived in the US, Warmoth would likely be the cheapest option but ordering parts from different places in the US and having it all sent to Australia adds up to a crazy price.

zombywoof

Reaction score
I had a 78 Greco that I should have kept and upgraded the neck on. Been thinking about a thinline tele with a bigsby and a roasted maple neck. If I lived in the US, Warmoth would likely be the cheapest option but ordering parts from different places in the US and having it all sent to Australia adds up to a crazy price.
I have a Tele body with a B5 Bigsby. I believe I also have a birdseye "V" neck for it as well. I'll add that to the list of "look for".

currypowder

Reaction score

MCT

Reaction score
Tokai Les Paul Reborn 1978 Dark Cherry Sunburst
https://reverb.com/item/34339829-tokai-les-paul-reborn-1978-dark-cherry-sunburst?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34339829

As promised, up for sale is a beautiful ‘78 Tokai Les Paul Reborn LS-80. I bought this beauty from Wulf, and while she’s great, the neck is a touch too small for me (it’s about a medium-to-medium/large ‘59 neck, I’d say). I’ve upgraded her electronics to include PIO caps and 500k pots, and replaces the pickups in favor of OX4 A4 low winds. She’s had a neck repair at some point in her life, but it’s hardly noticeable!

For pics and more details, see the Reverb listing.

I’ll drop the reverb price to $1450 + shipping for MLP forum members.

Any comments/questions/concerns, message me! View attachment 471562 View attachment 471563
Price drop- $1350 + shipping for MLP members.

Greco

Reaction score
Okay guys I have an oddball request. Right now I have a cheap strat copy that I'm not too happy with. Id like to get my hands on a rare 1985 Ibanez Roadstar II RS135L (Left-Handed Model) in Black or White with a black pickguard. Reason I chose this model is because it is a Japanese alternative to fender japan of the time. Would like to find one on reverb but having trouble at the moment. Hopefully someone can find it!

Attachments

GammyBird

Reaction score
FYI...those Ibanez Roadstars have a pretty slim and fairly narrow neck profile.

free713

Reaction score
Still for sale....
A lot of love for Momose and Bacchus these days....I don't blame people. Just great instruments...and I should know after having owned about 30 Bacchus and 10 Momose. Most of the Momose are still with me as they are second to none. I've also had quite a bit of experience with their acoustic offering: Headway and wow just wow. A very well kept secret as these are some real gems. Just like their electric cousins they just play so well and the build quality is so nice. I own five Headway and I gotta let one off them go now. It's a very nice Headway HD 313. Handmade in Japan around 2005. Solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides. 1 piece african mahogany neck and ebony board and bridge. Gotoh tuners. Great condition with minimal wear. Just some minor natural wear in the finish on the neck. Low action and great playability. Full and balanced sound with plenty of warmth and bass thanks to the solid back and sides. An alternative to the Martin D-28 for sure.

More pics and catalogue (according to the catalogue it has a rosewood fingerboard, but this guitar 100 % has an ebony fingerboard - maybe a special run?)

850 euro + shipping. Guitar is located in Denmark, EU. Will be shipped in a quality SKB softcase

MCT

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here’s a pair of the legendary K&T NFS Weep BB and ZB plucked from a Crews Maniac LP-style guitar I recently acquired. If you’re looking at these, you must know that pair of these is usually way way more than my asking price. See pics for lead lengths. BB reads 7.43 and ZB reads 7.84 ohms DCR on my multimeter.

$450 shipped to your door.

Any questions, let me know!

Attachments

Latest Threads