The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

wulfman

ABB Fan
Reaction score
Very nice. Great deal.

I have one from 1980 that looks similar with a serial number on the neck plate. How did you date it to 1982? Pot codes?
Good question, this has no number on the plate but has an 82 in marker in the control cavity routing and the press-in bushing tuners make it from the later period. Pots are from 81 so that makes the best guess an 82.

https://flic.kr/p/2j3Lx8V

Ohjay

Reaction score
Good question, this has no number on the plate but has an 82 in marker in the control cavity routing and the press-in bushing tuners make it from the later period. Pots are from 81 so that makes the best guess an 82.
Not sure if the writing in the control cavity has any bearing on year.
For LPs, the writing in the pickup routes are color codes for which color that particular guitar was to be painted.
I haven't done any extensive research on the strats, but am fairly confident to say that it's the same there, that the writing is a color code.

wulfman

ABB Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Ohjay. What are some examples of codes? Any double digit codes? With 1981 pots, and an 82 in the cavity I think it would be too much of a coincidence to be a colour code so more info would be nice.

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Aria Pro II ST-500 1982 Slow Boat Special from Japan
$350 US Paypal'd, shipping by sea included.
Some of you know the deal with sea shipping. Buy a guitar, save a bit of money on shipping, forget about it for 6 weeks, then wonder where it is, then forget about it again until it eventually shows up and you feel like it is Christmas.

This is a great example of a 1982 MIJ strat where the Matsumoko factory had caught up to the Greco and Tokai models with more authentic parts. Truss rod works fine, frets are about 7/10 with a little bit of visible wear. Comes with a bit of "soft case candy" with he original store tag and a user manual.
The pickups are lower resistance alnico type each measuring around 5.7k
The neck is a medium C that tapers up to a decent thickness at the higher frets.
Nice weight at 3.4 kg. It looks like an ash body to me but could be Japanese tamo.

Picture set here
Where was this a month ago when I could justify it lol

Ohjay

Reaction score
Thanks Ohjay. What are some examples of codes? Any double digit codes? With 1981 pots, and an 82 in the cavity I think it would be too much of a coincidence to be a colour code so more info would be nice.
Always double digits.
Two examples:
60 = Cherry sunburst
64 = Tobacco burst

For LPs it always seems to be written in the bridge pickup route.
Occasionally there is also additional writing in the neck pickup route which is currently unknown (it changes between guitar with the same color. Could be hardware related perhaps).

free713

Reaction score
Price reduction bump = 1000 euro -> 900 euro
Not that many acoustics here which is a shame.

Let's change that: Up for sale is this very nice Headway HD 313 from the good folks at Deviser, who also make Momose, Bacchus etc. Handmade by the best japanese luthiers using select woods around 2005. Solid sitka spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides. 1 piece african mahogany neck and ebony board and bridge. Gotoh tuners. Great condition with minimal wear. Just some minor natural wear in the finish on the neck. Low action and great playability. Full and balanced sound with plenty of warmth and bass thanks to the solid back and sides. An alternative to the Martin D-28 for sure.

More pics and catalogue (according to the catalogue it has a rosewood fingerboard, but this guitar 100 % has an ebony fingerboard - maybe a special run?)

1.000 euro + shipping. Guitar is located in Denmark, EU. Will be shipped in a quality SKB softcase

wulfman

ABB Fan
Reaction score
Aria Pro II ST-500 1982 Slow Boat Special from Japan
$350 $325 US Paypal'd, shipping by sea included.
Some of you know the deal with sea shipping. Buy a guitar, save a bit of money on shipping, forget about it for 6 weeks, then wonder where it is, then forget about it again until it eventually shows up and you feel like it is Christmas.

This is a great example of a 1982 MIJ strat where the Matsumoku factory had caught up to the Greco and Tokai models with more authentic parts. Truss rod works fine, frets are about 7/10 with a little bit of visible wear. Comes with a bit of "soft case candy" with he original store tag and a user manual.
The pickups are lower resistance alnico type each measuring around 5.7k
The neck is a medium C that tapers up to a decent thickness at the higher frets.
Nice weight at 3.4 kg. It looks like an ash body to me but could be Japanese tamo.

Picture set here

Last edited:

BurningBeard

Reaction score
Looking to get back into ownership of a decent MIJ Lester.. I’m located in the US. Not too terribly picky. Like to maybe score something in a nice cherry finish burst.. also wouldn’t mind going a extra mile for something like Budokan type of custom. What’s out there?

zombywoof

Reaction score
Looking to get back into ownership of a decent MIJ Lester.. I’m located in the US. Not too terribly picky. Like to maybe score something in a nice cherry finish burst.. also wouldn’t mind going a extra mile for something like Budokan type of custom. What’s out there?
I have quite a few. Depending on your taste I may be able to assist.

Caretaker

Reaction score
I have this listed in the classifieds with trade options.
Sorry, CONUS ONLY.

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Looking for nice customs really. With ebony boards.

Budget is $1000. Let me see what you have, thanks.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Anyone have / knows a nice Firebird for sale? Set neck is a must. Seen a few nice ones but they're all bolt-on

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I found myself looking on YJ for Firebirds after watching those Tom Bukovac vids...
yeah seen that too, but wanted one for ages and been selling some stuff lately so might be able to add one to the collection now.

pylyo

Reaction score
1982 Tokai LS80 for sale, stunning player, besides Momose those are the best japanese Les Pauls imho and I’ve owned pretty much all of the big brands from japan. One piece body, nitro finish, fret edge binding and easily the best carved tops in the business...
I have had couple of these and they are always built to perfection, so freaking easy to play and always very resonant, must be the old wood or something, not to mention the real vintage mojo... Has some minor dings and stuff but pretty clean for 40 years old beauty. Upgraded with Gibson 57 classic on the neck and Seymour Duncan SH6 on the bridge, bone nut and orange drop capacitors.
Comes in my favorite color, which is black.
Also, I owned 4 of these now, had another in black too and they are quite consistent in neck carve and thickness, with maybe just a slight difference from guitar to guitar. This one however, has the thickest neck from all I owned and played, I dare to say it has a thickness of my ex- Momose Custom LP or Crews LED goldtop, so the neck is perfect.
I might change my mind soon but here it is for a while. Comes with Lifton ‘59 reissue case, so grab a bargain.
Price: 1450€ + shipping.

1591454893420.png

1591454924619.png

1591454938976.png

1591454952586.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads