The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

alainguitars

Reaction score
Navigator NLP-350 LIMITED with Wolftone p90s. Sounds incredible through all my amps. Beautiful carve on this top and the gold top is very attractive. I’ve tried to show a few places where the finish is beginning to check/crack. It’s ageing perfectly! Looking for $1950 pp gift delivered to the lower 48

What shape/size neck and the weight please.

View attachment 381699

justinspv

Reaction score
She weights 9.8lbs because there’s no weight relief, and the neck is modelled on a 59 LP that ESP have. Somewhere between a “C” and “D” shape. It’s feels full in your hand. I have big-ish hands. My motorcycle gloves are XL. I have some bigger Crews Maniac necks that are like large 58’s, and my Momose is very slightly smaller.

justinspv

Reaction score
A few more details...

Navigator NLP-350 LTD with Wolfetone p90s. Sounds incredible. Powerful punchy creamy tone.
Beautiful hand-carve on this top and the gold top is very attractive. These guitars are custom shop quality and beyond. Navigators are very highly regarded in the Japanese guitar market, and some say the very best. Navigator is the top end of the ESP Company. I have owned a fair number of Japanese made guitars and in my opinion Navs are the best. I’ve tried to show a few places where the 100% nitro lacquer finish is beginning to check/crack. It’s ageing perfectly!
Dark chocolate brown rosewood board.
Big comfortable 59 neck with a profile somewhere between a "C" or "D". I was told when I bought the guitar that Navigator built this model based on the 59 they own.
1 piece solid mahogany body with maple cap. I know that Navigator was using Honduran mahogany in the early 2000’s. Really nice grain in the wood of the body (see photo of back) Weighs 9.8lbs on bathroom scale
Gibson case included. One of the laches on the case doesn’t work, and the case shows lots of sign of use.
Feel free to message me with any questions

Dle189

Reaction score
Going to be posting up my guitars as I will be moving cross country and need to lighten the load. Since I try to avoid becoming attached to any guitar, no matter how nice it is, all will be posted.

CREWS MANIAC SOUND "Texas Legend" w/ K&T "Austin Legend" pickups $2100 shipped USA

Crews's Vintage Line is a series of high-end guitars representing their take on iconic vintage guitars. They have replicated the blackguard Tele, 1954-1964 Strats, the 1961 SG, and of course, the 1959 Les Paul.

This one is a '62 strat replica from the Vintage Line. Specs include:
-'62 style slab Brazilian rosewood fretboard
-Figured hard maple neck
-Carefully selected one-piece alder body
-K&T "Austin Legend" pickups (modeled after SRV's sound)
-Candy Apple Red nitro finish
-Steel block
-Clay dots
-3 ply pickguard that is turning mint green

Here is a demo of a different guitar but same model and pickups to give you a general idea:

Some additional info about the pickups: Here and here . From what I understand from translated text, the coils consist of two different wires, one NOS and one modern.

Flickr photo album

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
In person, or in pictures? Out of about 20 or so I've seen and a few in person in stores none had the typical pore structure or grain and the catalog lists "Indian Rose". That said, there are EGF-850s with Braz boards from 1980 so who knows who was guarding the woodshed at Fujigen back in 1980!

Could this 850 have a Braz board?

Last edited:

Jumping@shadows

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In person, or in pictures? Out of about 20 or so I've seen and a few in person in stores none had the typical pore structure or grain and the catalog lists "Indian Rose". That said, there are EGF-850s with Braz boards from 1980 so who knows who was guarding the woodshed at Fujigen back in 1980!

Could this 850 have a Braz board?
I’ve never seen one in person, hence the GAS ;), but believe I’ve seen Brazzy looking examples online..

tigerfan22001

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2016 SRV Strat that I’m looking to trade if anybody is interested let me know. Wouldn’t mind a gold top of some sort.

(I know I don’t post a lot here but I’ve been a member a long time, and have done trades other places.)

Roxy13

Reaction score
WTB gold Gotoh tuner with keystone button, or a set if you have all of them. I need a bass side one, preferably with a lot of patina. I had one start making awful gear grinding noises this morning. I don't know if shooting some naptha through it and then squirting in some new lube would fix it

Figured I would try the folks here first since someone might have one that matches the rest before I buy a new set.

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Sold!

Heerby LS-700CS standard. Made in Japan by Kasuga. The pickups are "S" stamped Maxons from 1976 , so I imagine that is the date of manufacture of the guitar too. Mahogany back, solid maple top, mahogany neck with volute, rosewood board with fret edge binding. I cannot find a joint in the back. Could be one piece. Also, not a pancake and no wierdo scarf joint at the headstock like other Heerbys. The pots were a mess so I've given this guitar a complete rewire including replacing the crappy switch that these come with. It's in great shape except one little bruise near the jack that I have photographed. $600 + shipping CONUS for MLPeople.

Last edited:

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Bump!

Harman Japanese mystery stratocastrater. Chicago Music? One piece '59 maple neck with rosewood board. The radius on this board is something like 12". Pretty flat. Beautiful 2 piece ash body. Steel bridge. Don't know what the pickups are. One little ding on the back of the neck. It has 1983 pots in it. $400 + shipping CONUS. I dwell in Rhode Island.

currypowder

Reaction score
SOLD - Crews Maniac Sound Vegas V1 - I bought this a couple of years ago, I have searched high and low and I cannot find any information on this exact model. Crews had a Vegas V2 model with 2 P-90s -(http://www.crewsguitars.co.jp/product/guitar/vegas/v2/). This is the single P90 version of the same guitar.

The guitar is in excellent shape. However, when I received it, it had a weird active mid-boost circuit that I didn't care for. So I had new pots and a capacitor installed to make it a traditional volume/tone circuit.

The modern "tele-ish" shape in a mahogany body is combined with a fender scale maple bolt on neck with rosewood fretboard. The longer fender scale combined with the P90 gives a snappier tone (IMO) than a typical junior.

Weight is 6.5 pounds.

I would describe the neck as a C shape and maybe a little on the thin side (though not shredder thin). The neck measurements are:

Width - 1 5/8" at the nut, 2 1/16" at the 12th fret
Thickness - 13/16" at the nut, 7/8" at the 12th fret

SOLD - $625 shipped and paypal'd in the US. Comes with a hard shell case. I'm not really looking for trades, but you can try me.

Last edited:

Dle189

Reaction score
I am moving cross-country so I need to lighten the load. I keep whatever does not sell by moving time.

Prices are shipped and PP'd (continental US).

Click on the guitar name for more photos.

Please feel free to ask me any questions. I know Vanzandt and Crews are relatively obscure, so I will be more than happy to provide info, links to useful info, etc.

1991 Tokai ES-180SOLD
[IMG]

This was the top of the line model in 1991. Not to be confused with the current production ES-180 (same model number due to inflation). Mahogany neck with a striped (most likely Macassar) ebony fretboard. Tokai PAF-Vintage MK1 pickups. What appears to be abalone body binding. Gold hardware.

Neck is in good condition with room for adjustment either way. Fret life is about 60-70%. Has a finish crack on the top (pictured in the album).

1980 Tokai TE-80 Breezy Sound $1200
[IMG]

A beautifully aged 1980 Tokai TE-80. All original minus the bridge pickup. One piece (most likely sen) ash body. The neck has some subtle figuring to it. Guitar has been played and shows a good amount of wear. Frets look to be in good shape with 70-80% fret life left. Truss rod can move either way. Bridge pickup is a DiMarzio DP 389 tele humbucker.

Vanzandt STV-R3 $1800
[IMG]

A custom order Vanzandt. Lake Placid Blue is a custom order only color and it looks gorgeous in person. Brazilian rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, one piece ash body, Vanzandt pickups. Very thin nitro finish, which is what Vanzandt is famous for.

Vanzandt TLV-R2 $1175
[IMG]

Vanzandt is well known in Japan for their high end Fender replicas and very thin finishes. This one is a 60's style tele. Vanzandt pickups, Madagascar rosewood, alder body, clay dots. Not sure when it was made. As you can see from the photos, the fact that the finish is paper thin has been made very apparent. Nicks. dings, and scrapes can be found all over the body. The finish has some minor weather checking as well. The neck is in great condition.

2009 Crews Maniac Sound '62 Strat replica $2100
[IMG]

Crews's Vintage Line is a series of high-end guitars representing their take on iconic vintage guitars. They have replicated the blackguard Tele, 1954-1964 Strats, the 1961 SG, and the 1959 Les Paul.

This one is a '62 strat replica from the Vintage Line. Specs include:

-'62 style slab Brazilian rosewood fretboard

-Figured hard maple neck

-Carefully selected one-piece alder body

-K&T "Austin Legend" pickups (modeled after SRV's sound)

-Candy Apple Red nitro finish

-Steel block

-Clay dots

-3-ply pickguard that is turning mint green

The K&T pickups are highly regarded in Japan (and also ridiculously expensive). They often come stock on Crews's top of the line guitars since Crews and K&T often collaborate. From what I understand, the coils consist of two wires, a NOS wire and a modern wire, in order to achieve an SRV inspired sound.

Last edited:

Latest Threads