The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

Dle189

Reaction score
2009 Tokai LS-470 $SOLD

This is Tokai's top of the line model. It had various model names, depending on the year and inflation rate. In terms of the current production line, it would be the LS-540.

Brazilian rosewood fretboard, Honduran mahogany, AAAA hard maple top. The guitar is fully original with NOS Bumblebees (not reissues!) and J.M. Rolph pickups that Rolph makes exclusively for high-end Tokai's.

9.75 pounds. Comes with OHSC and accessories including key, sales card, truss rod tool.

This guitar is stunning all-around. Photos taken with a little window light.

Photo album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153840324@N04/albums/72157679701050558

Last edited:

tabano

Reaction score
I really wonder why do you guys sell this fantastic instruments,
I mean I understand that if you run a business you have to sell in order to maintain your bank account happy, and maybe that is your situation, but if not, for the life of me that I struggle to comprehend...,
all the best with your sales by the way!,

Roxy13

Reaction score
I think some people just like to try a lot of guitars. And then later you sell one or more to get one you haven't ever had I guess.

Sometimes I feel like a hoarder because I have a hard time selling one.

Dle189

Reaction score
Personally I just like to try different guitars. I don't own the best LP I've played. I'm not a pro or anything so it's not like I need the best sounding guitar or can get the most nuanced sounds out of a really nice one anyway. Just a hobbyist that likes to appreciate the small details that make Japanese guitars so great.

I also try to jump on only good deals so that when I want to move something, it can move somewhat fast. Though my eyes have convinced me to break that rule a couple times...

Last edited:

tabano

Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking,
how would you compare the ls 80 to the 470 in terms of tone?

Dle189

Reaction score
I have an Argus 1980 catalogue somewhere at my brother's place. The ES model was like 120,000 yen back then or something like that. I remember it being the most expensive one out of the lineup. I believe the founder of ESP and Vestax started Argus as a high-end replica brand back in 1979 or 1980. If I weren't moving cross country I would be very tempted. The Argus LP I gave my brother is really really nice.

Desert Blues

Reaction score
Hi guys

I recently got an SG craze and bought 2 Navi SGs both are amazing but I have decided to sell the better of the two (the other is in a worse condition but that suits me better for gigging/touring). If this dosnt sell I will put a vibrola on it and pretend to be George Harrison.
This is a beautifully made navigator N-SG guitar made in 2007. No cracks anywhere but a few scratches on the finish and some buckle rash on the back. One tone knob missing (have since replaced it) and the back pickup has been replaced with a SD JB pickup (but Ive since replaced this with the original type of SD that came with these models so its as it was new). Sounds awesome and plays with low action- would consider swapping for a Navigator guitar of similar value.

cash - £1500 (ONO)

Last edited:

justinspv

Reaction score
Navigator NLP-350 LIMITED with Wolftone p90s. Sounds incredible through all my amps. Beautiful carve on this top and the gold top is very attractive. I’ve tried to show a few places where the finish is beginning to check/crack. It’s ageing perfectly! Looking for $1950 pp gift delivered to the lower 48

TheWilly17

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a nice 335, I have this rare Argus 335 available (click for more pictures).
Nitro, Old Dimarzio pickups, original hard case (one hinge is a but corroded). It looks like there was some lacquer burn on the back that may have been oversprayed. Frets are pretty level and playability is good. No playbility issues.

Asking $1200 US Paypalled + shipped to most places. PM with any questions, thanks!

when I click the link, your guitar looks just like a Panda

currypowder

Reaction score
SOLD! - I'm getting ready to drop the price considerably on my 2010 Navigator N-LP-480-LTD listed on Reverb. Before I do, I thought I'd offer it here for $1,850 shipped. It's a fantastic guitar, but I have an abundance of fantastic single cuts (vintage and modern) and something has to go. As you can see from the listing, it has some pretty good playwear on the back and headstock, but the front is in great shape and it's solid. If you need pristine, this isn't the one. If you want a solid Custom Shop quality guitar that looks, plays and sounds great, here you go.

Again, $1,850 shipped.

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
That was quick - SOLD!

I'm getting ready to drop the price considerably on my 2010 Navigator N-LP-480-LTD listed on Reverb. Before I do, I thought I'd offer it here for $1,850 shipped. It's a fantastic guitar, but I have an abundance of fantastic single cuts (vintage and modern) and something has to go. As you can see from the listing, it has some pretty good playwear on the back and headstock, but the front is in great shape and it's solid. If you need pristine, this isn't the one. If you want a solid Custom Shop quality guitar that looks, plays and sounds great, here you go.

Again, $1,850 shipped.

Latest Threads