The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

Dle189

Reaction score
No longer for sale. G.A.S. makes you do crazy things!

Selling my collection because I've been really jonesing for a Bartlett. So, the big-ticket items must go first.

Just under 9 pounds. The HLS series is an order-only line from Tokai. The HLS series is Tokai's attempt at getting closer to vintage specs. The following are the differences:

-3.8 degree neck angle. The standard neck angle for Tokai is 4.5. From what I understand, this allows the bridge to sit lower and reduces string tension, allowing lower action and creating a more vintage sound.
-Deeper neck joint
-Vintage-correct pickup positions
-Delrin nut
-Holly head stock veneer

The HLS-420 comes from a series ordered by Hibiki, a guitar shop from Japan. It is the top of the line model. It has the following specs:

-One piece Honduran mahogany body
-One piece Honduran mahogany neck
-Brazilian rosewood fretboard
-AAA hard maple top
-All lacquer finish (no poly undercoat)
-PAF-style pickups with Alnico 4 magnets developed by Hibiki

The truss rod cover has been replaced with a traditional one but the original slim-shaped one will be included. Comes with OHSC, key, warranty, and receipt.

Last edited:

Fenderbendr

Reaction score
WTB:

I’m looking for a MIJ Les Paul with a budget of $1000. I’m located in the US. I’m pretty much open to anything, as long as it isn’t much over 9.5 LBS.

Feel free to PM me anything I might be interested in.

TheWilly17

Reaction score
WTB:

I’m looking for a MIJ Les Paul with a budget of $1000. I’m located in the US. I’m pretty much open to anything, as long as it isn’t much over 9.5 LBS.

Feel free to PM me anything I might be interested in.
PM'd

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Heerby LS-700CS standard. Made in Japan by Kasuga. The pickups are "S" stamped Maxons from 1976 , so I imagine that is the date of manufacture of the guitar too. Mahogany back, solid maple top, mahogany neck with volute, rosewood board with fret edge binding. The pots were a mess so I've given this guitar a complete rewire including replacing the crappy switch that these come with. It's in great shape except one little bruise near the jack that I have photographed. $650 + shipping CONUS for MLPeople.

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Sold!

Fernandes Burny RLG-50 standard in the color black. Made in Japan in 1991 by Dyna. Specs are 2 piece maple top, mahogany back, mahogany neck, rosewood board with fret edge binding. Minimal fret wear. Pickups are VH1. The switch wiring has been upgraded. It also has paper in oil caps. It's in reasonable shape for it's age. There's a scuff on the top from a cuff link perhaps. Also, someone must have painted over the headstock at some point, and then stripped it off again leaving a haze. None of this stops it from rocking. $600 + shipping CONUS for MLPeople.

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
$975 Shipped & Paypal'd - PRICE DROP TO $825 In the early 2000s, Tokai produced a Limited Edition quilt maple single cut guitar with features very similar to an Epiphone Elitist Tak Matsumoto signature model, including:

One piece mahogany body
Mahogany neck
Solid maple cap with a quilt maple veneer & burst finish
Dark tortoise body and neck binding

In addition to the similar features, this guitar also includes an open book headstock shape and a set of uncovered zebra Seymour Duncan pickups ('59 neck and JB bridge).

This particular guitar is in very good to excellent shape. The only finish wear is a finish chip around the bottom strap pin (see picture). It plays well up and down the neck with no buzzing. The frets are in excellent shape. All electronics work as they should.

Width - 1 3/4" at the nut, 2 1/16" at the 12th fret
Thickness - 15/16" at the nut, 1" at the 12th fret

It weighs a comfortable 8.7 pounds.

The pickguard has never been installed, but it and the mounting hardware is included. The truss rod cover has been replaced with a bell shaped one, the original is included. Also included is the original warrantee card.

The guitar will be shipped in a new hard shell case.

Full set of pictures here, a few select ones below: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxX30w9SJS6rcDWoq_0

Last edited:

Mosster47

Reaction score
Selling my collection because I've been really jonesing for a Bartlett. So, the big-ticket items must go first.

TOKAI HLS-420 2750 shipped USA domestic

Just under 9 pounds. The HLS series is an order-only line from Tokai. The HLS series is Tokai's attempt at getting closer to vintage specs. The following are the differences:

-3.8 degree neck angle. The standard neck angle for Tokai is 4.5. From what I understand, this allows the bridge to sit lower and reduces string tension, allowing lower action and creating a more vintage sound.
-Deeper neck joint
-Vintage-correct pickup positions
-Delrin nut
-Holly head stock veneer

The HLS-420 comes from a series ordered by Hibiki, a guitar shop from Japan. It is the top of the line model. It has the following specs:

-One piece Honduran mahogany body
-One piece Honduran mahogany neck
-Brazilian rosewood fretboard
-AAA hard maple top
-All lacquer finish (no poly undercoat)
-PAF-style pickups with Alnico 4 magnets developed by Hibiki

The truss rod cover has been replaced with a traditional one but the original slim-shaped one will be included. Comes with OHSC, key, warranty, and receipt.

I have the Mizuno special order version of this guitar back from 2000 and it's insane. The only difference is mine came with Rolphs. Insane guitar and comically better than any Historic you will buy. For under $3k you will never do better on a single cut guitar. If any of you are on the fence go for it. Mine started checking about two years ago and it's just wicked looking. The dye is really starting to fade at the bottom too.

riscado

Reaction score

Dle189

Reaction score
I have the Mizuno special order version of this guitar back from 2000 and it's insane. The only difference is mine came with Rolphs. Insane guitar and comically better than any Historic you will buy. For under $3k you will never do better on a single cut guitar. If any of you are on the fence go for it. Mine started checking about two years ago and it's just wicked looking. The dye is really starting to fade at the bottom too.
Must. See. Pictures!

jimmyjames

Reaction score
riscado, you must have somethin' extra good to keep on with, if you're letting that Grec and Crews go...:naughty: They should move quickly, GLWS :yesway:

riscado

Reaction score
I don't think they'll move quickly because this is simply a refresher. The guitars have been for sale for some time.

I have no replacement for these guitars, they're excellent, but I've already sold other Grecos, Crews and even Navigators I've owned, because unfortunately the time has come to downsize.

Dle189

Reaction score
Orville ES-335 1997 tobacco burst SOLD

Orville ES-335 Dot 1997 Tobacco Burst

Made in the Terada factory. Fit and finish is really nice. Very good shape, with a ding in the finish on the neck (pictured), and a ding on the back of the headstock. The logo on the headstock is a little cloudy. Thinner 60's style neck. Frets show minor wear. 8 pounds 3 ounces on my digital scale. Appears to be all original. Ships in unoriginal hardshell case.

MORE PHOTOS HERE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153840324@N04/sets/72157677712291648/with/32857787598/

Last edited:

Dle189

Reaction score
Orville ES-335 1997 tobacco burst 1050 shipped continental U.S.

Orville ES-335 Dot 1997 Tobacco Burst

Made in the Terada factory. Fit and finish is really nice. Very good shape, with a ding in the finish on the neck (pictured), and a ding on the back of the headstock. The logo on the headstock is a little cloudy. Thinner 60's style neck. Frets show minor wear. 8 pounds 3 ounces on my digital scale. Appears to be all original. Ships in unoriginal hardshell case.

Will do $900 shipped for an urgent sale.

TheWilly17

Reaction score
Man I wish I had the scratch, I would love to take that one off your hands.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Same here. If that 335 had been posted before I got my Gretsch, I probably would have grabbed it.

I like the SG, too.

riscado

Reaction score

Latest Threads