The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

adoring_fan107

Reaction score
PRICE DROP
Here we have the last word in early Tokai les paul replicas, a 1980 Tokai LS 200. This is the only one of these for sale in the world right now being one of the rarest Tokai guitars ever made. Back in 1980 these guitars were custom order only, featuring Tokai's 'cashew laquer' finish and hand picked timbers.

This particular example features one of the best flametops seen on a 200 with a fat 58-59 neck profile. Medium weight at around 4.2kg. This guitar is all original minus a replacement ABR1 that fits straight on however the original is included in the case. The neck is straight and plays with a low action with plenty of fret life present. This particular example came stock from the factory with Gibson 'Tim Shaw' humbuckers that really deliver that old sound.

This is the nicest tokai that ive had and is only being sold due to wanting a 50s fender. Has incredible sustain and tone and competes with my vintage gibsons. A true collectors piece for any Tokai enthusiast.

Comes in the original Tokai lifton style case.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Shipping at buyers expense (ask for more accurate quote).
Advertised elsewhere.

7000 USD

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Sold!

Fernandes Burny LC-70RR. Made in Japan in 1983 by Kasuga. This is the legendary Randy Rhoads model. Specs are maple top, mahogany body and neck on these. Rhoasewood board with fret edge binding. There are a few scratches, but pretty good shape overall. I don't think the brass nut is original. Also, someone sprayed what looks to be lacquer on the headstock face making it yellowed and foggy. $750 + shipping CONUS to MLP members. My domicile is in Rhode Island.

Last edited:

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Sold!

Fernandes Burny RLG-50 made in Japan by Dyna in the early 1990s. Mahogany body with maple cap. Rosewood board with fret edge binding. VH-1 pickups. Has some fine scratches here and there and a small chip on the back. Someone lightly sanded the back of the neck. $550 + shipping CONUS to MLP members. Difficult to photograph a black guitar. Looks better in person. I live in Rhode Island.

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
Up for sale are 2 "top of the heap" Edwards singlecuts. Although now discontinued, for a few years Edwards produced a few models with a total lacquer finish (no poly base coat like the lacquer taste series). Not only were these finished in lacquer, they had Duncan Seth Lovers or Antiquities instead of their typical Duncan '59/JB combo.

The price for either is $1,100 shipped/paypal'd and both include a brand new Musician's Friend hard case. If you'd rather have an ESP gig bag, knock $50 off the price.

If you're looking for a nice Japanese singlecut, either of these will fit the bill nicely. IMO, Edwards guitars are some of the best "bang for the buck" values.

First up is the E-LP-135-ALS/RE in Tobacco Burst. This is their relic model. This Edwards guitars has a mahogany body & neck and a solid maple cap. The neck is set in with a long tenon. The fretboard is rosewood.

It's hard to photograph, but the thin lacquer finish has sunk into the grain of the wood all over the guitar.

Condition-wise, it is in very good shape. Obviously, since this guitar came from the factory relic'd, there is quite a bit of "wear" And it appears there may also be some wear that is playwear since the guitar was new. Specifically, there are a couple of dings on the headstock and some scratches on the back. These "issues" are barely noticeable given the relicing, but I want to fully disclose them.

There is a small amount of fret wear, but not enough to affect playability or require any kind of leveling or dressing. It's a nice weight at 8.7 pounds. I'd describe the neck as a nice, medium carve that is super comfortable. The neck measurements are:

Width - 1 11/16" at the nut, 2 1/16" at the 12th fret
Depth - 7/8" at the nut, 1" at the 12th fret

The pickups are a pair of Duncan Antiquities which match up well with the guitar.

More pics here: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxX1yWRKYDEgSracUV8

Next up is the E-LP-130-ALC in gloss black. This Edwards guitars has a mahogany body & neck and a solid maple cap. The neck is set in with a long tenon. The fretboard is ebony.

Condition-wise, it is in very good shape. Keeping a black gloss lacquer finish in perfect condition is near impossible. But this one is pretty close. I can only find a few of the lightest of surface scratches, almost unnoticeable and certainly impossible to photograph. The only issue is an area around the rear strap pin where the lacquer must have reacted with a strap (see pictures). It could likely be buffed, but given its location, I've chosen to leave it alone.

All the gold hardware is shiny and unworn. The plastic film cover is still on the pickguard and both rear cavity covers.

There is no visible fret wear. It's a nice weight at 8.1 pounds. I'd describe the neck as a nice, medium carve that is super comfortable. The neck measurements are:

Width - 1 3/4" at the nut, 2 1/16" at the 12th fret
Depth - 13/16" at the nut, 1" at the 12th fret

The pickups are a pair of gold Duncan Seth Lovers which match up well with the guitar.

More Pics here: https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxX1yYeKwaz0b1WKhmN

adoring_fan107

Reaction score
PRICE DROP
Here we have the last word in early Tokai les paul replicas, a 1980 Tokai LS 200. This is the only one of these for sale in the world right now being one of the rarest Tokai guitars ever made. Back in 1980 these guitars were custom order only, featuring Tokai's 'cashew laquer' finish and hand picked timbers.

This particular example features one of the best flametops seen on a 200 with a fat 58-59 neck profile. Medium weight at around 4.2kg. This guitar is all original minus a replacement ABR1 that fits straight on however the original is included in the case. The neck is straight and plays with a low action with plenty of fret life present. This particular example came stock from the factory with Gibson 'Tim Shaw' humbuckers that really deliver that old sound.

This is the nicest tokai that ive had and is only being sold due to wanting a 50s fender. Has incredible sustain and tone and competes with my vintage gibsons. A true collectors piece for any Tokai enthusiast.

Comes in the original Tokai lifton style case.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Shipping at buyers expense (ask for more accurate quote).
Advertised elsewhere.

7000 USD

SOLD

Last edited:

geekrobot

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a beautiful Epiphone Elite 2005 Les Paul Custom in wine red for sale. Good condition, OHSC, OG all, except Schaller Straplocks on at the moment. Some dings here and there, but all in great functioning order.

Listed for $800 plus shipping on Reverb. If a MLPer is interested, I can do $750 plus shipping within the Continental USA via Paypal direct.

Please see the Reverb link for more details:
https://reverb.com/item/15628308-epiphone-elite-elitist-les-paul-custom-2005-wine-red

Thanks!
T

zoso623

Reaction score
Fernandes Burny LC-70RR. Made in Japan in 1983 by Kasuga. This is the legendary Randy Rhoads model. Specs are maple top, mahogany body and neck on these. Rhoasewood board with fret edge binding. There are a few scratches, but pretty good shape overall. I don't think the brass nut is original. Also, someone sprayed what looks to be lacquer on the headstock face making it yellowed and foggy. $750 + shipping CONUS to MLP members. My domicile is in Rhode Island.....now i like this ......wow ..its a shame what they did to the headstock.

currypowder

Reaction score
Up for sale are 2 "top of the heap" Edwards singlecuts. Although now discontinued, for a few years Edwards produced a few models with a total lacquer finish (no poly base coat like the lacquer taste series). Not only were these finished in lacquer, they had Duncan Seth Lovers or Antiquities instead of their typical Duncan '59/JB combo.

The price for either is $1,100 shipped/paypal'd and both include a brand new Musician's Friend hard case. If you'd rather have an ESP gig bag, knock $50 off the price.

If you're looking for a nice Japanese singlecut, either of these will fit the bill nicely. IMO, Edwards guitars are some of the best "bang for the buck" values.

First up is the E-LP-135-ALS/RE in Tobacco Burst. This is their relic model. This Edwards guitars has a mahogany body & neck and a solid maple cap. The neck is set in with a long tenon. The fretboard is rosewood.

It's hard to photograph, but the thin lacquer finish has sunk into the grain of the wood all over the guitar.

Condition-wise, it is in very good shape. Obviously, since this guitar came from the factory relic'd, there is quite a bit of "wear" And it appears there may also be some wear that is playwear since the guitar was new. Specifically, there are a couple of dings on the headstock and some scratches on the back. These "issues" are barely noticeable given the relicing, but I want to fully disclose them.

There is a small amount of fret wear, but not enough to affect playability or require any kind of leveling or dressing. It's a nice weight at 8.7 pounds. I'd describe the neck as a nice, medium carve that is super comfortable. The neck measurements are:

The pickups are a pair of Duncan Antiquities which match up well with the guitar.

Next up is the E-LP-130-ALC in gloss black. This Edwards guitars has a mahogany body & neck and a solid maple cap. The neck is set in with a long tenon. The fretboard is ebony.

Condition-wise, it is in very good shape. Keeping a black gloss lacquer finish in perfect condition is near impossible. But this one is pretty close. I can only find a few of the lightest of surface scratches, almost unnoticeable and certainly impossible to photograph. The only issue is an area around the rear strap pin where the lacquer must have reacted with a strap (see pictures). It could likely be buffed, but given its location, I've chosen to leave it alone.

All the gold hardware is shiny and unworn. The plastic film cover is still on the pickguard and both rear cavity covers.

There is no visible fret wear. It's a nice weight at 8.1 pounds. I'd describe the neck as a nice, medium carve that is super comfortable. The neck measurements are:

The pickups are a pair of gold Duncan Seth Lovers which match up well with the guitar.

The 135 ALS is sold. The 130 ALC is still available.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Fernandes Burny LC-70RR. Made in Japan in 1983 by Kasuga. This is the legendary Randy Rhoads model. Specs are maple top, mahogany body and neck on these. Rhoasewood board with fret edge binding. There are a few scratches, but pretty good shape overall. I don't think the brass nut is original. Also, someone sprayed what looks to be lacquer on the headstock face making it yellowed and foggy. $750 + shipping CONUS to MLP members. My domicile is in Rhode Island.

Still for sale?

geekrobot

Reaction score
Hi,
Also thinkin of selling my Tokai Takburst:
2010 TOKAI Love Rock Guitar LS110QZ-CM VF w/ Greco Dry Pickups TAKBURST

Acquired this bad boy from a fellow forum member two years ago. Added abalone trc and knobs, he had swapped the stock pickups for vintage Greco Dry 82 BB pickups. The og knobs are available and I plan to swap them on and keep the abalone ones, unless you really want them on.

Askin $900 shipped, PayPal direct.

View media item 107979

Attachments

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score

How about $950 shipped for the Edwards ALC All Lacquer Custom.

Latest Threads