The MIJ Classifieds: please read the rules before posting...

JDZ

Reaction score
1980 Tokai LS80 GT
DSC00989s.jpg

Very nice Tokai LS80 gold top I'm looking to find a new home for.

Looks to be all original, so even all the hardware is correct and with a consistent vintage patina. It's an unmolested, original guitar. Of course there are some dings and scratches which you can see in the pictures.

The only part (besides strings) I replaced was the plastic knob on the pickup selector. The one on it was stripped.

Comes with the original pickup covers which screw in place on the Gotoh PAF's, if you don't prefer covers over zebras or just want to change them with the seasons.

Plays great, no buzzing.
Guitar is in the U.S.

$1,850 USD + shipping and includes the hard case in the pictures. Listing it here before I put it on Reverb.

Many detailed pics here:
http://www.mylespaul.com/media/albums/1980-tokai-ls-80-gt.7824/

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Fresher Straighter from late 1970s or early 80s. It's in pretty good shape except for some concentric scratches from someone screwing in the trem bar. Perhaps they had some Liberace style rings on. I don't know, but this thing plays well and sounds even better. Don't know what the pickups are, but they have staggered pole pieces and they sound great. 3 way switch. Looks like someone put on brass saddles. $385 shipped to continental US. I am in RI.

JDZ

Reaction score
Interesting guitar - LP800C is 84 or 85 Lord Player. Highest grade model Yamaha made in a custom. Pickups are Spinex (DRY Z of Yamahas), coil tap which are usually push/push tone pot to go to single coil. To date these guitars you need to look at the code stamped on the back of the pickup.

Lord Player is the more desirable of the Yamaha Les Paul copies. Headstock much closer to G than the Studio Lord model which came before the Lord Player. That model does come with an ebony fretboard.