The Martin OM-45 "Johnson"

shark

Reaction score
well heres My Johnson..an OM one of a kind 45. I might have posted this here before. I slept last night, but I'm still lazy and will post it again. More info for those of you who have never seen a Martin OM-45, much less heard one and maybe 1 or 2 have actually played one :cool:

This was made for Wayne Wesley Johnson Wannadu - Photos - New & Vintage Guitars in 1994 by the Martin Guitar Company Custom shop. Oh yeah the guitar is brazilian rosewood bookmatched back and sides, a master grade 8 spruce top with fossil ivory end pins (diamond and 14 gold pins for back up pins):wow:. Abalone inlay top front back sides inside and out. Roland Music Corporation GK2 pickups built into the saddle with EQ and midi digital interface. Oh yeah.

small clip here...push da button.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH3P6ZfXtqc]just di it.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

audio clip here of Guitar played thru Yamaha Motif XS board.
Meditation
if you download this and play it thru something else it sounds better..I dont know what else to tell you

I recorded the video using my memory man and a 30 second loop..the song last 2 minutes. Its about umpteen tracks without losing too much integrity overall.I really dont think I could have done anymore. But you will hear them all eventually hang in there you can do it!!!:applause:

I recorded the audio thru my computer direct input with some sparklys but dont be fooled this is all MARTIN guitar being played :D...I know MUD when I HEAR mud.

and thank you for looking at this beautiful guitar..your acoustic will never sound the same. I hope you can see me play it one day somewhere for someone in some small way.

G Man

Reaction score
Very nice! Love me some Martin guitars. And that one is over the top, even for a 45. Enjoy her in good health.

Wjguitar

Reaction score
Hi. This is Wayne Wesley Johnson Feel free to contact me at [email protected] any time you'd like to discuss the OM-45 and how it came to be...some of the history behind it. I would be interested in buying it back if you ever decide to sell it. I sold it under duress to satisfy an alimony judgment, and have always regretted it. It was supposedly the first Martin built with a carved heal which was done by Greg Rich. I used this guitar in some of my "Hypnotic Safari", "Flamenco Flavors", "Flamenco Festival" and "Canciones del alma" Recorded albums.

BTW. it is equipped with RMC (Richard McClish) Acoustic gold pickup saddles and Polydrive preamp, with synth access. Pickup installation was done by master luthier Paul McGill of Nashville, TN.

Regards,
Wayne Wesley Johnson

NRBQ

Reaction score
How much does something like that cost new?

Latest Threads