The Marriage Counsellor - 1W Plexi Amplifier

calieng

Reaction score
Do you think you are a rock star but when you are done jamming on your JCM800 and 4X12 the kids, and the dogs, and your wife all frown at you?

Do your neighbors greet you on the street with an "oh - so you play guitar do you?" and then walk away in disgust.

Perhaps you need the Marriage Counsellor - our patent pending low volume amplifier that is sure to tame the worst of players down to a tolerable volume level. Restore your marriage and your children's hopes for the future. Live a better life. Buy the Marriage Counsellor today!

$595 net.

P1011137 copy.png

P1011138.JPG

Disclaimer: When used incorrectly the Marriage Counsellor is known to cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. There are no serviceable parts inside. Some components made in Chiner may fail and cause a structural fire.

Warranty: Our limited lifetime warranty requires the return of our products to our shop in San Diego in person, sitting on a folding chair in the garage while your product is repaired, providing a minimum of 12 ice cold Ballast Point Sculpin beer in a cooler full of ice, and petting the dogs should they become fond of you. You may be required to patiently listen to stories of past guitar purchases until such time as the repairs are complete.

Last edited:

calieng

Reaction score
P.S. This is a legit sale for the Mojotone Studio One 1W amp. Just looking to get the cost of the kit back. All my labor is free and a few upgrades on the grounding and a channel toggle switch (footswitch included). It was a fun project during COVID. Have built many many amps over the years and these Mojotone kits are top quality.

P1011137 copy.png

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
At full volume, is it loud enough to cut through a 5 piece jam session?

calieng

Reaction score
At full volume, is it loud enough to cut through a 5 piece jam session?

1 watt is half as loud as 10 watts. 10 watts are half as loud as 100 watts.

But no for a jam session look for something more in the 20 to 30 watt range with a decent master volume. This amp is really more for at home use to get some power tube breakup without bothering the wife and kids too much.

calieng

Reaction score
Last chance this week to save your marriage. If it does not sell I will throw it in the closet with the rest of my spare junk.

Thanks.

dka-65

Reaction score
Do you have some gut shots of the amp? I'd be interested to see how the build looks.

calieng

Reaction score
No I did not take any photos. I can open it up when I get a minute and take a few.

Latest Threads