The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Morning/afternoon/evening - Hope all are well.
Nice avatar pic, Mel.
...and HELLO, everybody!
:wave:

And hello to the yodies, one and all!
May they all be fed and cared for according to standard protocols.

Been swampy and hot here, and without A/C it's a not optimal, but my life is quite good:

My kid just turned 25 and we get along great,
I just celebrated my anniversary of moving into this nice, stable living situation,
I'm about to turn 62 and it's a nice round, even number,
I've got a reliable, economical car with good handling and comfy seats,
I finished a 17-day momcare odyssey down south, and Mom and I are both alive! :naughty:

My only concern now is that my apartment is still jammed with the flotsam and jetsam that used to sit in my now-closed storage space. It looks like an episode of Hoarders. I've gotta shake off this "deer in the headlights" state of mind and start throwing stuff away.

Good juju to all them who need it, as Edro says.

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Nice avatar pic, Mel.

Thanks - mark this as one of the most bizarre purchases I've made - 'Hello Kitty' bought it for 150.00 - spent another 100,00 to make it playable - it's actually a very nice axe - LOUD with the single humbucker. Now the guitar sells for 700.00+ and the strap for 180.00.
Oh and Good Morning all - (afternoon Tom)

sonar1

Reaction score
A34C3708-D420-472C-87BF-2F9D0669FFE7.jpeg

:wave:

79standard

Reaction score
Knock em dead at the jam, Tom!

What Ed said, Tommo!

...and HELLO, everybody! :wave:

Pushing 100F today here in northern NY, swampy as hell, and life without air conditioning is going from "yeah, ha ha, it sure is hot, ha ha" to "I'm too old for this tish!"

Managed to get to taichi class last night for the first time in a month, and it was great to get back into it, especially before the blast furnace really fired up.

One of my classmates, a beloved friend, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer.
She lost 3 months of time due to medical neglect (yeah, let's drain a liter of fluid and not bother testing the stuff),
but she has a superb medical team now,
and there's more than a little hope.

Still gonna put my hands together for her, tho...

79standard

Reaction score

Hi gang! :wave:

It's 85 in my apartment as of 11:27 p.m. Eastern Time.

I'm staying hydrated but still getting some funny symptoms, like tingly scalp etc.
Gonna get off my arse and drink a couple more pints of water just because.

Tomorrow I turn 62,
but I may be cooked like a hamburger by then.
If that happens, remember that I am best with a ketchup/mayonnaise mix with a nice slice of tomato.

Latest Threads