The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Good day folkses. :wave:

I had a New Guitar Day almost two weeks ago - hadn't posted it yet - needed some more time to see if this a keeper or if I'd return it.

I needed another guitar as much as I need a hole in my knee cap :rofl:but I had this itch for a P 90 Gold Top style Les Paul - thanks to Hubert and Freddy ;) and I found a way to scratch it with good conditions: a Burny copy. Excellent guitar at about a third what a recent Gibson would cost me
( before the recent price increase). This is also a rather light weight Les Paul at 3.8 kg. The weight has always been bothering me when it came to Les Pauls. Anyway - here she is:

That's a beauty, Tom!

And kudos on your first full day working, Ed!

And HELLO, everybody! :wave:

Shake them strings, Steve!

It was October weather here as summer began, but it's finally warming up... hopefully not TOO much, as I've only got a ceiling fan.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning all, afternoon to all the 'across the ponders'.... Hot as hell here too... Pushing 90ºs at 10am my time.

Got my fresh ground coffee and eggs in the egg steamer deal.... Damn thing DOES work and work well... about to go put em in cold water and peel for late breakfast....

These things are cheap but work... Mine has a little stainless steel pan that fits it that I can crack a couple of eggs in and let the steam cook em... Cheap but works damn good if you like boiled eggs like I do... put included cup worth of water in it, put the lower egg rack over water, flip plastic water cup and use pin in bottom to pierce ass of eggs and place eggs in holders, put the spacer on and second level egg rack if you are gonna do 14 eggs, otherwise put lid on, plug in, set timer on something for 20min.

Timer goes off, UNPLUG (they have timer but some known to turn themselves back on when cooled off so UNPLUG) take cover off and let cool or glove up (HOT) and put eggs in ice water to cool..... Damn good eggs... Cheap and works great.... 20min whether 1 egg or 14 eggs.... Steam...

1656256571281.png

79standard

Reaction score
Good day folkses. :wave:

'nuther hot day...

Yeah, we went from October to August in a few days,
from unseasonably cold and bleak to "oh, so you want SUMMER, do ya?!?"

It's been Gatorade weather ...
"put a towel on the sofa to protect it from sweat" kind of weather...
"better rehydrate even if I don't feel like it so I don't keel over and they find my karkuss 2 weeks later" kind of weather. :rofl:

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
I'm not complaining - we've been longing for summer and now it's here - alright!

That's the spirit, Tom!
:thumb:
I dig it, too, and I am grateful -- but I am more grateful for it outside in nature, as opposed to inside without an air conditioner.
Still, going for a nice walk, driving with the windows down, getting a sausage sammich at the drive-in down the road, it's all marvelous!

Latest Threads