The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw my Uro today. Told me to finish the horsepill antibiotics and he'll see me in a few months. Hell to the yeuh, Rusty.... Couple more weeks and I won't have to take any more of that hellspawn sulfur smelling capsules from hell....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
....and Top Gun Maverick is mondo badass.....

79standard

Reaction score
From CDC:

NormalBelow 5.7%
Prediabetes5.7% to 6.4%
Diabetes6.5% or above

Mine bounces from under 6 to a bit over 6.... Doc doesn't seem too concerned... I just take my Metformin 500mg Extended Release every night and Lisinipril (?) low doe to protect my kidneys.... I don't eat or drink sugar stuff....

Might want to talk to doc... Maybe a low dose Metformin or diet modification might keep it down.... Lay off sugar and watch carbs and your might just come down some.... I got mine down from 10+ a few years back to a bit under 6 with diet... Doc wants me on the Metformin to help me manage my insulin levels...

Thank you for your insights, Hombre Grande!
You did a damned fine job going from 10 to 6 like that.
If you can do that with diet, so can I.
Mind you, I have an appt with Medicine Woman next week, just so I'm not flying blind.

I've done a decent job getting more active and eating cleaner (for vanity, sanity, and a desire to avoid turning my finicky liver into a hockey puck), and the statin is clearly helping stuff, BUT with this noise about A1C and triglycerides and subpar HDL, it's clear that I have to do better.

Man, as badly as my 50s sucked, everyone warned me the 60s aren't for sissies either.
:laugh2:
While they were 100% right, I'm still digging this terrestrial gig and wanna do whatever I can to stick around.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good morning folkses. :wave:

As for the A 1 C figure: when I went into hospital for my kath examination last year my test read around 6 (can't remember the exact value) so I was diagnosed with diabetes (adult-onset d.).
After my surgery my blood was tested regularly as well as in the following weeks in rehab and my diabetes levels were always perfect there without resorting to any special diet , so go figure...
I guess a value of 5.7 should not be overly alarming.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy all!

One thing I can say about not-Beetus, allmost-Beetus, Beetus, is that if one were to get off of most or all processed sugar, a LOT of aches and pains will go away and you'll feel quite different...

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good day folkses. :wave:

I had a New Guitar Day almost two weeks ago - hadn't posted it yet - needed some more time to see if this a keeper or if I'd return it.

I needed another guitar as much as I need a hole in my knee cap :rofl:but I had this itch for a P 90 Gold Top style Les Paul - thanks to Hubert and Freddy ;) and I found a way to scratch it with good conditions: a Burny copy. Excellent guitar at about a third what a recent Gibson would cost me
( before the recent price increase). This is also a rather light weight Les Paul at 3.8 kg. The weight has always been bothering me when it came to Les Pauls. Anyway - here she is:

Attachments

• IMG_1771edit.jpg
    IMG_1771edit.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 6

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had a New Guitar Day almost two weeks ago - hadn't posted it yet - needed some more time to see if this a keeper or if I'd return it.

I needed another guitar as much as I need a hole in my knee cap :rofl:but I had this itch for a P 90 Gold Top style Les Paul - thanks to Hubert and Freddy ;) and I found a way to scratch it with good conditions: a Burny copy. Excellent guitar at about a third what a recent Gibson would cost me
( before the recent price increase). This is also a rather light weight Les Paul at 3.8 kg. The weight has always been bothering me when it came to Les Pauls. Anyway - here she is:
Nice!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bends on a P90 Lester are da cheeze! Do a G string bend about thrid or fourth fret.... Humbuckers don't do that...humbuckers ain't that fat in all the stuff below the bite freq. when doing a bend... Just plain fat and rich... Don't specifically know why it is different but just is.. Bends on P90 Lesters are just plain sexy sounding.... Closer to the nut the bend is the greater the difference between P90 and humbuckers get...

Just my opinion over a lot of years....

MelvinDale

Reaction score

Nice Grab Tom . . . .

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning folks... Afternoon Tom...

In the high 70s here and raining... Nice change from hell fire & brimstone on steroids... Busted a 100º here yesterday....

Latest Threads