The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Morning/afternoon all . . .
Heat coming later in the week - takes a long time for the wind to blow all the way from Germany, I guess.
Most comfortable here in the mitten, if not a bit on the chilly side (at night).

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hotter'n hell here.... Upper 90s...

Got my Spectrum Interwebz installed today... No more CenturyClunk.... Yeuh buddy....

343Mbps down... WooHoo....

1655583528146.png

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Howdy all - looking forward to a beautiful day in the mitten - a chilly 45 this morning, but it's to be 78 this afternoon. Clear blue skies and our dog barking at a turkey on our lawn.
Not that those are in anyway related, but I digress . . .

79standard

Reaction score
Happy Father's day y'all...

And also with you, Edro!
And to all of us fodders, a day late but no less sincere for it.

Spent my FD going on a road trip with my son --
to the Art-Omi sculpture garden in Ghent, NY.
Unbefugginglievable.
'Twas a wonderful day!

While we were doing that, a virtual festival out of Sacramento was showing an outdoor performance video I'd done last month with my pal Eric Dahlman.
I got to catch up with it later that night, and forgot how fun it was!
The link is here for those who are innarested -- the show starts at the 9-minute mark, and our vid starts shortly after that. No worries, our portion is only about 15 minutes:
Weird Fun Music In The Woods With Tim & Eric

79standard

Reaction score

So, my hemo A1C is just over the 5.7% limit, at 6%.

Hey, Edro, is that True Beetis territory, or just a warning shot?

Mind you, I'm not sittin' on the couch all day eating ice cream or nothin' -- I'd like to see at least age 65, and I haven't even hit 62 quite yet.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
From CDC:

NormalBelow 5.7%
Prediabetes5.7% to 6.4%
Diabetes6.5% or above

Mine bounces from under 6 to a bit over 6.... Doc doesn't seem too concerned... I just take my Metformin 500mg Extended Release every night and Lisinipril (?) low doe to protect my kidneys.... I don't eat or drink sugar stuff....

Might want to talk to doc... Maybe a low dose Metformin or diet modification might keep it down.... Lay off sugar and watch carbs and your might just come down some.... I got mine down from 10+ a few years back to a bit under 6 with diet... Doc wants me on the Metformin to help me manage my insulin levels...

Latest Threads