The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

sliding tom

Reaction score
Morning all . . .
Tom - just a note to let you know Tom Gray of Delta Moon passed away.
He'd been battling the big C for quite some time.
For those who don't know Delta Moon, if you're into dual slide guitars - they're the band for you.
Tom wrote 'Money Isn't Everything' made famous by Cindi Lauper.
That's sad news, Melvin. Thanks for letting me know though. I saw them live once or twice when they toured Europe and played a club nearby. Although they were mostly electric I enjoyed their acoustic clips on YT the most.

I must have been at this show:

Good day folkses. :wave:

Often came upon the term "boomer bends" lately. Anybody care to tell me what's up with it? :hmm:

MelvinDale

Reaction score
That's sad news, Melvin. Thanks for letting me know though. I saw them live once or twice when they toured Europe and played a club nearby. Although they were mostly electric I enjoyed their acoustic clips on YT the most.

I must have been at this show:

Good day folkses. :wave:

Often came upon the term "boomer bends" lately. Anybody care to tell me what's up with it? :hmm:
I owned a Stratatone like Tom is playing, but sold it to Elderly Music for 75.00 - they only wanted it for the pickup - they sell for crazy monies now. Still I made out OK - bought for 8.00.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Went down to a local live music club last friday to hear the duo of a buddy of mine - it's great to be able to go out again to hear live music. I really wasn't expecting it but he asked me to do one as a guest. My sis just sent me some pics:

79standard

Reaction score
'Morgen/abend, Tommo,
and HELLO everybody! :wave:

I spent Friday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon on an epic spontaneous roadtrip, as my childhood friend (since 1966) invited me out to his new place.

In spite of all the unpacking and decluttering that I still had(have) to do, I said to myself "you've been to enough funerals to know that when an old friend wants to see you, you say yes as often as is practical."

And I hadn't seen this fellow for at least 15 years.

So off I went, on a 6-hr round trip to my old stompin' grounds.
Typical Syracuse-area weather: grey and clammy the whole time! :laugh2:
Still, we had a good time talking and eating and drinking.
(He's quite a good DIY brewer. :cheers2:)

I got back yesterday afternoon and decided to go to tavern trivia to help out my team, so, a couple-three hours for settling down and I'm back on the highway again. No wonder my Matrix has over 205,000 miles on it.

Now I'm figuring I've had enough socializing.
It's time to get back to work making my roomful of stuff into a comfortable apartment.
(It's a superb apartment for cheap and I am lucky to have it... I just need to finish unpacking, and finding a place for everything, then empty my horrifically expensive storage space and find a place for whatever I don't donate or discard.)

(Where dafuq am I going to put my Everlast heavy bag? I've had that since the late '70s. o_O )

sliding tom

Reaction score
'Morgen/abend, Tommo,
and HELLO everybody! :wave:

I spent Friday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon on an epic spontaneous roadtrip, as my childhood friend (since 1966) invited me out to his new place.

In spite of all the unpacking and decluttering that I still had(have) to do, I said to myself "you've been to enough funerals to know that when an old friend wants to see you, you say yes as often as is practical."

And I hadn't seen this fellow for at least 15 years.

So off I went, on a 6-hr round trip to my old stompin' grounds.
Typical Syracuse-area weather: grey and clammy the whole time! :laugh2:
Still, we had a good time talking and eating and drinking.
(He's quite a good DIY brewer. :cheers2:)

I got back yesterday afternoon and decided to go to tavern trivia to help out my team, so, a couple-three hours for settling down and I'm back on the highway again. No wonder my Matrix has over 205,000 miles on it.

Now I'm figuring I've had enough socializing.
It's time to get back to work making my roomful of stuff into a comfortable apartment.
(It's a superb apartment for cheap and I am lucky to have it... I just need to finish unpacking, and finding a place for everything, then empty my horrifically expensive storage space and find a place for whatever I don't donate or discard.)

(Where dafuq am I going to put my Everlast heavy bag? I've had that since the late '70s. o_O )
Sounds like you're having good times and feeling good as well - glad to hear! :applause:

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Hey Tom - morning to the rest of you.
Sad day in my front yard - heavy winds over night took the top of a (dead) tree down. :(
It was home to a family of Woodpeckers. Saw one of them this morning on a nearby tree. Hope they find a new home before it gets too cold.

Latest Threads