The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I opened a FF window on my Mac and looked up Zulu time to make sure I was correct.
Oops! Attack site! :shock:

FF was utterly helpless to stop it.
(Note to self... switch to DuckDuckGo, as it does such a superb job on my phone. :thumb:)

My Mac beeped twice loudly and the screen screamed "YOU HAVE MALWARE IN YOUR MACHINE."

Not being a complete naif, I immediately knew some subhuman was trying to trick me into clicking a link to download rubbish onto my machine, so I quickly closed the tab.

I have Malwarebytes on my PC and my phone, but somehow not on my Mac, perhaps because Macs aren't quite as pathetically vulnerable as PCs and Androids, but I figured I'd check into getting it for my Mac.

Well, what can I say?
The product is effective, but the company? They can go play my fart-harp.

Customer service is dead, it seems.
They're no worse than any other monolithic entity of the last 40 years since the death of common manners, but that's hardly a glowing recommendation, is it.

I expect this tish from freeware, because freeware is... well, free, and it's done by good-hearted, overworked volunteers, but when I'm paying someone every year, I want a little "how can I help you?"

</rant>

There! I feel much better! :dude:
So much better, in fact, that I won't even complain about the mid-November weather,
or the deeply disturbed hyperactive boy cavorting and stomping on the wooden floors upstairs.

(His parents let him do this because (a) it allows him to burn off some of that ridiculous energy, and (b) I am sure that they tried actual parenting and trying to calm him, and decided it was a fool's errand.)

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons . weather looks like it's going to be decent today , with a high of 77F . doing a shift at the bar / restaurant from 3 to 9 today . Laura is " technically " my Manager :laugh2: ( handler . same diff ) . looking forward to my bike ride tomorrow __ if it doesn't rain . need to get in some playing time too

hope that All are doing well ! only 19 more days until Summer Solstice !

79standard

Reaction score
HI gang! :wave:
I drove my kid to my neck of the woods so he can do some reconnaissance before he moves here this summer.
He says he's really psyched, and he has a hopeful feeling that he's not had in aeons.
Two of his pals live around here and they have really helped him in ways that I cannot.
Still, I know I will prove useful at some point.
And that's a great thing, as long as I'm not neck-deep in my own move, which may take place at approximately the same time.
We'll figure it out. :thumb:

sliding tom

Reaction score
I declare this day to be "Danelectro Donnerstag"... :laugh2:

Today I pulled out my 90s Dano '56 U2 reissue that I haven't played in quite a while and was reminded what a nifty and cool guitar it is. :applause:

It's currently set up with a set of .013s and tuned to open D. Great old school slide guitar! :cheers:

79standard

Reaction score
I declare this day to be "Danelectro Donnerstag"... :laugh2:

Today I pulled out my 90s Dano '56 U2 reissue that I haven't played in quite a while and was reminded what a nifty and cool guitar it is. :applause:

It's currently set up with a set of .013s and tuned to open D. Great old school slide guitar! :cheers:

That is indeed a very cool guitar, Tommo!
...and HELLO, everybody! :wave:

Just wanted to share this youtube that proves one of my crazier ideas will actually work:
Deimel Firestar 12 with whammy

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
On a more serious note, Mom is having a bad time in the hospital with sepsis.
Now it's my one surviving older brother who has to handle the horror, and thus far he has done a hero's job for her, but how many days in a row can he hack this, way down there in NC with so little help?

Any and all good vibes welcome, my friends.

Latest Threads