The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
I was gonna say "macht nichts," but i am not sure enough about the shades of meaning, so instead I will say :
no worries, my friend.
:wave:
And HELLO, everybody!

Sunny, cold, and windy AF here -- at least 2 days of 60-mph gusts.
Anything over 50, you get trees knocked over and people getting hit with flying junk.
Bad juju!
My sister's neighbor had a tree blow over into her yard.
Luckily not the whole tree... the whole tree coulda been bad. :shock:
Just the top 3rd was enough to crush her fence and create a big mess.
But nobody got hurt! :fingersx:

In other , less earthshaking news, I discovered that a readily available .052 like one finds in a Light acoustic set works great as a low B, at least on my 25"-scale Egmond Typhoon, so for proving my B to A 8-string concept, all I need now is to get one of my .007s onto one of my axes (probably the Lester for its slightly shorter scale length) and see if I can get it up to A without incident. I figure people get .009s up to G all the time with 12 strings and Nashville tuning (and Fripp's New Standard Tuning), so .007 A oughta be a snap... oops! Let's not say "snap"!
:rofl:
"Itz all fun-n-games until someone loses an eye!"
:laugh2:
:eek:
I just remembered I got but one good eye left.
Glasses on, Timmy me boy!

79standard

Reaction score
In other news, it woulda been brother Dave's 65 birthday today.

Since his cel account still exists, I left him my trademark singing birthday voicemail. The notes were kind of wobbly, heh heh.

By next year it'll be a little easier.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good Morning folkses. :wave:

Chilly and overcast today.
Fridge called it quits last night. Had to empty it, clean up and throw away some of its contents at 11:30 pm. :hyper:
Had to order a new one this morning with a delivery time as short as possible so choices were limited.
New one is scheduled for delivery by tomorrow...

JohnnyN

Reaction score

Fridge called it quits last night. Had to empty it, clean up and throw away some of its contents at 11:30 pm. :hyper:
Had to order a new one this morning with a delivery time as short as possible so choices were limited.
Always a bad time things like that happens. On the bright side the new one will probably do better for less power :)

Have a nice evening!

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Nine years ain't nearly enough time . . . . :(
We had to say goodbye to the owner of our house - Layla, our dog - on Sunday.
She was wonky and so we took her to emergency - turns out she had the big C and it had metastasized.

Geez - it's one those when you take them, it's hey, we'll be back later to pick you up. Not so lucky I'm afraid.

On other news - still frickin' cold!

sliding tom

Reaction score
She was wonky and so we took her to emergency - turns out she had the big C and it had metastasized.

Geez - it's one those when you take them, it's hey, we'll be back later to pick you up. Not so lucky I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear, Melvin - that's a tough one for sure...

79standard

Reaction score

Sorry, Tommo... stuff like that sucks furiously.

79standard

Reaction score

I'm very sorry, Mel.

My former bassist had something similar happen to his wife a few years back.

Regarding our furry family members, you are correct, nine years is just not enough.
Their lifespans are so short and we love them so much regardless of this horrible fact.
Kipling even wrote a poem about it.

I wish you guys thorough healing at your own pace, and I wish peace for Lalya.

Skeletor

Reaction score

Fridge wasn't fixable?
Mine went south about a month ago - $40 start relay and all was good again - plug and play with my Kitchenaid
(with the exception of the multiple Kg of food I tossed out)

sliding tom

Reaction score
Fridge wasn't fixable?
Mine went south about a month ago - $40 start relay and all was good again - plug and play with my Kitchenaid
(with the exception of the multiple Kg of food I tossed out)
It'll cost you 40 bucks just for someone to come around and look at the thing and then tell you the repair will cost you half of what a new one costs.....- plus it was almost twenty years of age.

Skeletor

Reaction score
It'll cost you 40 bucks just for someone to come around and look at the thing and then tell you the repair will cost you half of what a new one costs.....- plus it was almost twenty years of age.
Mine is 20 years old as well - this is my second start relay replacement. Paid a tech (way too much) the first time around and did it myself this time.
I was quite happy that I was able to save mine from scrapping as I hear a lot of negative reviews of all of the new stuff (high end included). I just want something simple and reliable - no need for a built in touch screen :(

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Mine is 20 years old as well - this is my second start relay replacement. Paid a tech (way too much) the first time around and did it myself this time.
I was quite happy that I was able to save mine from scrapping as I hear a lot of negative reviews of all of the new stuff (high end included). I just want something simple and reliable - no need for a built in touch screen :(
Built in obsolescence - seems everything is today.
and yeah, when we bought our last fridge, it was hard finding a basic unit that just kept food cold. That was all we wanted.
It went with the house when we sold it - if you move anything like that, you can be sure it won't work when you plug it in.
That and the house we bought had a matching dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge.
Naturally it makes ice (crushed or cubed) and water. the water is filtered and since we're on a well we figured that wasn't a bad thing.
Glad you were able to fix yours -I make money so I can yell at someone other than the man in the mirror.:io:

79standard

Reaction score
Built in obsolescence - seems everything is today.
and yeah, when we bought our last fridge, it was hard finding a basic unit that just kept food cold. That was all we wanted.
It went with the house when we sold it - if you move anything like that, you can be sure it won't work when you plug it in.
That and the house we bought had a matching dishwasher, stove, microwave and fridge.
Naturally it makes ice (crushed or cubed) and water. the water is filtered and since we're on a well we figured that wasn't a bad thing.
Glad you were able to fix yours -I make money so I can yell at someone other than the man in the mirror.:io:
Make sure the fridge's water and ice dispensers are decrapified regularly... some real science-project stuff can grow there. :shock:

Latest Threads