The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
g morings and afternoons

here in PA , I paid $200 ( cash ) for the doctor visit . $25 to have a receptionist to complete my registration process . $50 for a one year registration . so $275 before I even got to a dispensary . I just got my card in the mail yesterday morn __ so guess where I went right after lunch ?

20% discount for first time customers . yay . I picked up 1/8 of Rythm Star Tribe and 1/8 of Saxton Gelato Mint . both are hybrids . cost me $95 all together

about the doctor visit . I was concerned that my variety of conditions would disqualify me in some way or another . seems not . the only advice that I was given , was along the lines of personal responsibility . getting outright stoned would be a bad idea with my brain chemistry __ but just a few puff to take mellow out is a different story . and that's what I did yesterday afternoon . 2 puffs had me at a very clean high , so I'm happy to be using medical grade now ( and I feel safer )
Well, that may be a ton of dough, and quite a racket, but it seems to have a happy ending!
I'm gladdened and encouraged by your good results, and I hope things keep improving.
:thumb:

79standard

Reaction score
I'm reaching out to the hive mind (does a half-dozen guys make for a hive?):

Q: How can I know who played on which song on Seals and Crofts's "Summer Breeze" album?
That album is FILLED was laser-guided white-light bass playing.

There are 5 (count 'em, five) bassists on that album, some real studio giants, some muthaf*ckas.
But alas there are no credits for each song like on a Joni Mitchell record.

After a half hour of Googling, I found that my hero Joe Osborne (of Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In fame) did bass magic on the title track.

So far no way to tell about the other tunes.

Aside from the bass mofos, there are some heavy hitters in that mix, including John Hartford on banjo, and Louie "Last Train To Clarksville" Shelton on electric guitar, plus Jim Gordon, Larry Knetchel, etc etc

This LP has been one of my "desert island 10" since I got it for Christmas in 1972, so obvs I am curious as hell about it.

Any info would be greeted with rapturous thanks.

guitarbob123

Reaction score
If there's any way to get in touch with Louie Shelton then he might have some notes somewhere, a lot of producers keep all sorts of stuff lying around.

Got to be something somewhere to make sure everyone gets their money (or at least so the label know who to hide the money from!)

79standard

Reaction score
If there's any way to get in touch with Louie Shelton then he might have some notes somewhere, a lot of producers keep all sorts of stuff lying around.

Got to be something somewhere to make sure everyone gets their money (or at least so the label know who to hide the money from!)
Good point, Bob.
But as Roy said in Blade Runner, "not an easy man to reach.."

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Good Morning folkses. :wave:
it is a g afternoon to you ( or maybe even evening ) by now . 1pm here

so I am just going to ask right out . is there a reason that you've been so quiet on Facebook , Tom ? . not your prefered forum ? has someone offended you or put you off ? I'm just curious __ because I would like to see as many of the people that have frequented this thread ( over the many years ) also posting over there

this thread has seemed very quiet lately .

sliding tom

Reaction score

so I am just going to ask right out . is there a reason that you've been so quiet on Facebook , Tom ? . not your prefered forum ? has someone offended you or put you off ? I'm just curious __ because I would like to see as many of the people that have frequented this thread ( over the many years ) also posting over there

As for facebook: I can't seem to find the One Hippie group anymore for whatever reason, so I can't post there.
A while ago Sid made some negative remarks aimed at me - don't know why. I don't know how this FB thingy works but I reckon he has probably removed me from the group? :hmm:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I haven't posted much on my own Facebook page as I used to, as my band is on hold due to not being able to play any gigs since coming up 12 months. However, I am an Admin of several aviation Facebook pages, so I am involved in posting on them regularly, and removing the occasional knobhead who pops up. There was a rather humorous exchange between two earlier tonight, as follows:
Person A: Ignorant muppets write this stuff. And it should be A###, not A##. Ruddy Americans. (Me reading this = 'Oh, oh!)
Person B: I'm an American, problems?
Person A: Lots.
Person B: well, go to hades then you ignorant brit. Lucky youre a minority amongst you kind.
Person A: Thank you.
Person B: You're more than welcome.
Me: Person A and Person B, This stops now, or you'll both be history. Take note.
Just a warning, and there's been no further replies. The reason I posted what I did, is because I have seen so many times an exchange like that escalating into full blown insults and carnage! Any more silliness from either of them, and I will bounce them out. It's the way the owner of this particular Battle of Britain page wants it - be polite, don't attack any member. Ho, hum, it keeps me off the streets...

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

A nice little song. Saw this band live in 1970 and they were superb. One of the guitarists, Robbie Blunt, had gigged with Robert Plant before forming this band. When Led Zep went south, he worked with Plant again for a numer of years on gigs and albums.

Latest Threads