The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I live on the West Coast in the USA and my sleep pattern sucks wind. It's almost 1AM PST and I am wide awake. I have a local public radio station he airs BBC World News. I love it. Cheers.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons .

trying to deal with all of the follow up visits ( cardiologist / colonoscopy ) from my recent hospital stay . and still waiting on the very slow mail system __ for my medical marijuana card . I " sourced " some smoakable to hold me over until I can go to the dispensaries , so that will hold me over . looking forward to the higher grade though

I tested out a Katana amp last year in a music store , but they wouldn't let me turn it up very loud . which made no sense to me . if I practice at 5 and above __ wtf is volume 2 or 3 going to tell me about how the amp will sound in my setting ? when I bought my tube amp ( Traynor YGL1 ) , GC let me push that SOB all the way up to 10 ! . that was a blast ! ( of course there was almost nobody else in the store that early in the morning )

in the future I'll try to check out the Katana again . will have to wait until GC has one on floor . I've heard really good things about the modeling features , so of course I'm interested . then again __ my theory is that the proof is in how it will handle volume . a good loud clean sound can be shaped with effects . . .

MelvinDale

Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons .

trying to deal with all of the follow up visits ( cardiologist / colonoscopy ) from my recent hospital stay . and still waiting on the very slow mail system __ for my medical marijuana card . I " sourced " some smoakable to hold me over until I can go to the dispensaries , so that will hold me over . looking forward to the higher grade though

I tested out a Katana amp last year in a music store , but they wouldn't let me turn it up very loud . which made no sense to me . if I practice at 5 and above __ wtf is volume 2 or 3 going to tell me about how the amp will sound in my setting ? when I bought my tube amp ( Traynor YGL1 ) , GC let me push that SOB all the way up to 10 ! . that was a blast ! ( of course there was almost nobody else in the store that early in the morning )

in the future I'll try to check out the Katana again . will have to wait until GC has one on floor . I've heard really good things about the modeling features , so of course I'm interested . then again __ my theory is that the proof is in how it will handle volume . a good loud clean sound can be shaped with effects . . .
Nothing but good thoughts coming your way Christopher.

As to the Katana and volume - they may have been worried about any windows or support beams . . . I really can't imagine using the 100watt setting - 50 is more than enough even with most drummers.
I always play a clean amp, but the crunch is a whole lot of fun and the Brown - sheesh. I've been listening to a lot cello music lately and this setting just sustains for days (yeah I can do that) - think I could do the solo for 'Love Hurts' . . . hmmm . . . I should try that.

79standard

Reaction score
Hi gang!
:wave:
It was 31°F today but even with a slight breeze, after all those weeks of teens and twenties, it felt like a tropical heatwave!
:rofl: :thumb::dude:
The sun helps. Finally some sun.

And the horrible feral child upstairs is stomping around again, jumping up and pounding onto their floor just as hard as he can. The patents are all too happy to let him burn off steam, but I am worried that this cheaply constructed house may split in two someday.

In other news, my roomie has left his electric grill on the living room floor.
No fugging idea why.
I hope to God he's not getting into passive-aggressive PTSD mode again, and that he left it there temporarily and forgot to move it.
Yeah... make Floor Sammiches.
The best kind.
Makes all kinds of sense.
:cool2:
EDIT: The explanation turned out to be innocent and ordinary and nuffin to worry about.

And most importantly, Christopher, I wish you complete resolution to your medical mishegas.
:fingersx:
Maybe I oughta get a medical cannabis card. In NY you have to see one of a select few neurologists and fork over $200 (not covered by insurance), which gives you the right to go to a dispensary and fork over real money, but if it's good stuff that will make me feel less like my whole damned body was shut in a car door, so be it.

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
D'oh! Almost forgot -- my kid and his BF are both done with their COVID quarantine.
:dude:
The BF had it pretty bad for a few days but toughed it out, and managed to not give it to my kid even though they were both stuck in that wee studio apt.
I'm just damned glad they're OK!

sliding tom

Reaction score
D'oh! Almost forgot -- my kid and his BF are both done with their COVID quarantine.
:dude:
The BF had it pretty bad for a few days but toughed it out, and managed to not give it to my kid even though they were both stuck in that wee studio apt.
I'm just damned glad they're OK!

Good news, Tim! :applause:

Good Morning folkses. :wave:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g morings and afternoons

And most importantly, Christopher, I wish you complete resolution to your medical mishegas.
:fingersx:
Maybe I oughta get a medical cannabis card. In NY you have to see one of a select few neurologists and fork over $200 (not covered by insurance), which gives you the right to go to a dispensary and fork over real money, but if it's good stuff that will make me feel less like my whole damned body was shut in a car door, so be it.
here in PA , I paid $200 ( cash ) for the doctor visit . $25 to have a receptionist to complete my registration process . $50 for a one year registration . so $275 before I even got to a dispensary . I just got my card in the mail yesterday morn __ so guess where I went right after lunch ?

20% discount for first time customers . yay . I picked up 1/8 of Rythm Star Tribe and 1/8 of Saxton Gelato Mint . both are hybrids . cost me $95 all together

about the doctor visit . I was concerned that my variety of conditions would disqualify me in some way or another . seems not . the only advice that I was given , was along the lines of personal responsibility . getting outright stoned would be a bad idea with my brain chemistry __ but just a few puff to take mellow out is a different story . and that's what I did yesterday afternoon . 2 puffs had me at a very clean high , so I'm happy to be using medical grade now ( and I feel safer )

Latest Threads