The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

MelvinDale

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Tom.
It's hard enough to deal with routine expenses, but those big surprises are just horrible.
Yeah, that's a drag Tom. What do drive?
Is it a manual clutch (stick). Not that it matter's but hate car repairs.

I had a Mini that needed a new timing chain and it was the year they decided to put it in the rear of the engine - near the firewall . . . it cost me about 3 grand, before we found out there was a possible recall - not for my year, but it was close enough that BMW wrote us a nice check the covered most of it.
Drove it without issue (well . . .) for a couple of more years till we moved north.
Sold it for next to nothing, but found out the new owner couldn't afford premium gas, so he offed it . . . for more than I sold to him for.
Kinda like every guitar I've ever sold.

Still snowing - it's he gentlest snow I've ever seen. No wind - I'm blowing smoke rings on the front porch.

79standard

Reaction score
and a very good morning to you sir.
Still snowing . . .
Afternoons and abends! :wave:

The Capital District had 5 minutes or rare sunlight, followed immediately by a popup blizzard, then another 5 minutes of sunny blue, and then back to slate skies. :dunno:

Had a big bowl of Bob's Red Mill muesli and some great joe from local heroes Mohawk Coffee Co., after which I took a surface-breaking megadump that inspired me to photograph it from different angles, but the phone cam failed to capture its majesty. :laugh2:

(Remember: TMI is an acronym for Tim,
and oversharing is in keeping with the overall zeitgeist of the internet. :D )

79standard

Reaction score
In other news, my prodigal roommate had to suddenly move back in after his mentally unstable GF threw him out.

I'd been upset with his having left me with all the bills, but I'm actually glad to have him back so he can pay his half again.

Sure, a big boatload of weirdness, but my existential crisis has been averted, so there's that. :thumb:

Last edited:

sliding tom

Reaction score
Afternoons and abends! :wave:

The Capital District had 5 minutes or rare sunlight, followed immediately by a popup blizzard, then another 5 minutes of sunny blue, and then back to slate skies. :dunno:

Had a big bowl of Bob's Red Mill muesli and some great joe from local heroes Mohawk Coffee Co., after which I took a surface-breaking megadump that inspired me to photograph it from different angles, but the phone cam failed to capture its majesty. :laugh2:

(Remember: TMI is an acronym for Tim,
and oversharing is in keeping with the overall zeitgeist of the internet. :D )
In other news, my prodigal roommate had to suddenly move back in after his mentally unstable GF threw him out.

I'd been upset with him having left me with all the bills, but I'm actually glad to have him back so he can pay his half again.

Sure, a big boatload of weirdness, but my existential crisis has been averted, so there's that. :thumb:
Yep, just doing my part to keep the thread going...
:D

Good on you - much appreciated, Tim! :cheers:

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Ya know - nothin better - sorry, well not really, your phone failed.
Thanks for the visual- not. :rofl:

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Oh, still snowing . . . Got out and finally got the snow blower out and cleared the drive.
Glad I did, this afternoon the wind has picked up and the temp has dropped.
Just bitter out there - wifey built a fire, so . . . .I'm happy.
Something else happened today, but I can't think of it right now???

sliding tom

Reaction score
Ya know - nothin better - sorry, well not really, your phone failed.
Thanks for the visual- not. :rofl:
Oh yeah . very much appreciated.... :lol:

Oh, still snowing . . . Got out and finally got the snow blower out and cleared the drive.
Glad I did, this afternoon the wind has picked up and the temp has dropped.
Just bitter out there - wifey built a fire, so . . . .I'm happy.
Something else happened today, but I can't think of it right now???
@50°F this morning ...

Good Morning folkses. :wave:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings

Hi Melvin (and you other folkses if anybody's still out there)... :wave:
( yes . I'm still " out there " )
had a bit of a breakdown a few weeks ago . too much stress and nonsense going on , and my body just collapsed . I was laid out on the couch for about a week __ and Laura finally ended up calling for an ambulance . it turned out that I had a blockage associated with a strangulated hernia that was there from a previous stomach surgery . matters got sorted out and I'm on the mend now . I lost 15 pounds , so now I'm down to 174lbs ( at 5'11" ) . so woohoo . I'm a skinny bitch for now !

anxiety can be very dangerous , people . I think that the majority of my health issues over the years have stemmed from it . that's why I've made the decision to register for my medical marijuana card __ so that I can get a strain tailored to my specific needs . there are risks involved with my unique brain chemistry , but I am doing this under the guidance of my doctors

so . like Laura told me after we discussed this option . " Think of this as a good thing " :laugh2:

Latest Threads