The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love lava lamps..... In my yoot, I'd stare at em for a good while... and not always when I was all torn up......

Part of my pondering on my The Logic and Predictability of Chaos theory... Pattern of chaos....

I was hell on video poker at a buds place. It helped him pay his bills to keep his little place open so I wouldn't run it up too bad... He told me one day 'By god, you won't beat it now...' (it is computer board with SWITCHES, think it out) --Hand me twenty bucks so you don't have to pay out when I spank it. 4K later, 'you son of a bitch.' Inverted logic to play those machines... I played a LOT of snooker there and continuously watch those screens when I wasn't shooting....and played them a bit every time there... Everything has patterns...even chaos. ;)

79standard

Reaction score
I like the Lava Lamp - you're showing your age . . . .
Well, I *am* 60, at the tail end of the baby boom.
Some of the stereotypes I embrace: the love of sixties and seventies music, incense, candles, love of cars, so open-minded that my brain falls out, love of mystical stuff, etc etc.
The "double cheeseburger ogling hot rods at the drive in" side,
and the "astral projection into a pyramid, wheee!" side.

But I sure wish I had all the money and world domination that the kids say we all have.
:rolleyes:
I've been living on the edge of financial ruin for almost a damn decade, and I know I'm not alone.

79standard

Reaction score
I love lava lamps..... In my yoot, I'd stare at em for a good while... and not always when I was all torn up......

Part of my pondering on my The Logic and Predictability of Chaos theory... Pattern of chaos....

I was hell on video poker at a buds place. It helped him pay his bills to keep his little place open so I wouldn't run it up too bad... He told me one day 'By god, you won't beat it now...' (it is computer board with SWITCHES, think it out) --Hand me twenty bucks so you don't have to pay out when I spank it. 4K later, 'you son of a bitch.' Inverted logic to play those machines... I played a LOT of snooker there and continuously watch those screens when I wasn't shooting....and played them a bit every time there... Everything has patterns...even chaos. ;)
I get where you're going, yes... :hmm:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get where you're going, yes... :hmm:

Yeah, I'm weird....and I'm good with that....

I am the product of a rather bizarre childhood.....

As I had some med issues as a kid, I read extensively, reading something usually seven days a week... All kinds of science fiction many Asimov level, all kinds of fiction/factual, hell, I even read math/science/etc. textbooks, and hit the set of Encyclopedias momma paid a few bucks every month for over years (only way we could afford them, we didn't have shit) when I didn't have anything else to read.... Then got into Jr. High with a big ass library with all kinds of books on everything.... Got assigned as a library assistant....Hell yeah... That and being around musicians all the time, I wore 'weird' well.... If I wasn't reading, I was learning how to play some instrument.... Yeah, my teachers loved my ass...especially math/science/physics... :squint:

So yeah, I could get mesmerized watching a good lava lamp.... especially starting with off, watching the change as the liquid warmed which warmed the 'wax'... I thought watching rate of change in relation to room temperature was interesting....patterns.... I was easily entertained....and weird... Guilty as charged....Some may think crazier'n hell.... Cool with that too....

:cool2:

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good day folkses. :wave:

Sunny and not overly cold day here today.

I wonder if anybody would be willing to sacrifice some of their precious time to help me with the transcription of a set of lyrics.
It's Louis Jordan's "Don't Send Me Flowers" - a song I've been loving for a long time now.

Can't find it on the web so I'm doing it old school: listening and transcribing.

This is what I've got with the missing phrases replaced with space in brackets:

Don't send me flowers when I'm in the graveyard
Cause baby then I can't smell a thing.
You're going around tellin' everybody you love me - you know you're lyin'
And you won't even accept my ring.

Well now: long may you live - long may you tarry
Everybody seen you run around with Tom, Dick and Harry
So don't send me flowers when I'm in the graveyard
Cause then I can't smell a thing.

You know, woman (I) work hard every day - every day
I did the best that I could do
(...................at ca. 1:05) got the best of me now - you hear, girl
and my days (...................ca.1:15) to say ere very far

When I'm layin' there a-takin' my last deep breath
You'll be thinkin' about my insurance man and how you're gonna dress
Well now don't send me flowers when I'm in the graveyard
Cause then I can't smell a thing.

Don't (......1:42) cryin' over me layin' in my coffin
foolin't the people tryin' to put up a great big show
You never wanted nothin' but my money - you know that, honey
Now girl and when I lost you I couldn't see you no more.

Long may you live - long may you tarry
but those love who you may (?) but watch who you marry
Don't send me flowers when I'm in the graveyard
Cause now I can't smell a thing.

If I got anything else wrong I'm certainly open to corrections. Thanks in advance.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Here's the lines with the missing words, Tom.

Rigor mortis got the best of me now
and my days I'm sad to say are very few

Don't come cryin' over me layin' in my coffin
Thanks John - much appreciated.

Rigor mortis - I know the term but it's used so rarely I wouldn't have thought of it.

Re: the next line. I listened once again with fresh ears and I think it's:

"and my days the doctors say are very few"

As for "don't come cryin' over me": :facepalm:

I should have been able to get it the first time around...:laugh2:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks John - much appreciated.

Rigor mortis - I know the term but it's used so rarely I wouldn't have thought of it.

Re: the next line. I listened once again with fresh ears and I think it's:

"and my days the doctors say are very few"

As for "don't come cryin' over me": :facepalm:

I should have been able to get it the first time around...:laugh2:
Yeah, listening to it again Tom, I agree with 'the doctors'.

:dude:

Latest Threads