The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

sliding tom

Reaction score
Evening. Back from a long afternoon at the music school. Couple of sample lessons for prospective students and as things look I've got 'em all hooked! :thumb:

Morning all, afternoon Tom! Just snagged this from my radar app... Fun day...

;)

View attachment 488969
Cranking up... Hurricane itself is decreasing energy but only moving at 5mph.... We'll probably catch some stronger shit this afternoon.
Stay safe, ehb...

sliding tom

Reaction score
Good Morning folkses. :wave:

So, you're saying the first one's free?
Damn you Tommo
Yes - sample lesson is free as a try out to see if the teacher's concept of teaching fits the students ambitions and goals and it's not so much an actual lesson but for me to see where somebody is headed in terms of musical tastes and how deep somebody wants to go in terms of learning to play.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
update . deadline that I've set for my completed Telecaster project will be the first Rock and Roll Tuesday of October . I would like to make a decision by Sunday at the latest , for what direction I'm going to go

options opened up when I found at that the Flower Power Telecaster were done with paper . so that introduces the idea of shelf liner / wall paper / poster or prints / prism holograph paper __ and so on . not to mention if I decide to hunt around at the clothing stores for unusual patterns . . .

79standard

Reaction score
update . deadline that I've set for my completed Telecaster project will be the first Rock and Roll Tuesday of October . I would like to make a decision by Sunday at the latest , for what direction I'm going to go

options opened up when I found at that the Flower Power Telecaster were done with paper . so that introduces the idea of shelf liner / wall paper / poster or prints / prism holograph paper __ and so on . not to mention if I decide to hunt around at the clothing stores for unusual patterns . . .
Christopher, do a Google image search on Holofash finishes.
Trust me.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Christopher, do a Google image search on Holofash finishes.
Trust me.
very cool . but also bordering on the side of Kitsch that I'm not aligned with ( if that makes sense ) . with as how much I'm entranced by glitter and holograms . I'm not sure that it's going to make it to the final cut

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
very coll . but also bordering on the side of Kitsch that I'm not aligned with ( if that makes sense ) . with as how much I'm entranced by glitter and holograms . I'm not sure that it's going to make it to the final cut
All I know is that when I wanted to celebrate my ESP's 25th year with me (the 40th comes up on Jan 2023), I had Mitchel Floyd of Mean Street Guitars holoflash my pickguard in turquoise, and against the black finish, with chrome Vox amp knobs, it looks bonerific.
Your mileage may vary, of course.
...and yeah, while I love holoflash, I can easily see how it might come across as an inappropriate attempt to cop the mylar party balloon vibe.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
...and yeah, while I love holoflash, I can easily see how it might come across as an inappropriate attempt to cop the mylar party balloon vibe.
yes . have to cool the engines on the impulse ideas .I want to be able to play the guitar for extended periods of time over the years . without feeling like it came from Spencer Gifts

79standard

Reaction score
yes . have to cool the engines on the impulse ideas .I want to be able to play the guitar for extended periods of time over the years . without feeling like it came from Spencer Gifts
Aw yeah, Spencer Gifts!
I loved that store as a kid 50ish years ago.
It's where I got my candles, incense, posters, flourescent paint, and tacky (useful?) novelties like an aerosol can of "Bullshit Repellent."

Western Auto was a major source as well, but more towards car and plane models, paint and glue.

(The latter 2 items smelled great IMO but I resisted the urge to huff it, otherwise I'd be way more "eccentric" than I am now.)
:laugh2:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Good Morning folkses. :wave:
g mornings and afternoons

got my shingles vaccine yesterday . a shot nave made me sore ( or sick ) __ but Holy MudderFugger ! . I feel like I've been hit by a train ! . hope that Everyone has a Great Friday / feels better than me today

is warped + kind of funny that I'm trying to make myself feel better with a pot of Death Wish coffee on . . .

Latest Threads