The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

BBD

Reaction score
SIL passed at 2350 last night. Was as classy a lady as I have ever known,
Very sorry to hear this Charlie.

not even going to disagree with you on that anymore , after hearing a local muso demonstrate his a couple of weeks ago . the Octave Fuzz preset was jaw dropping ( I'm learning some of the Prince solos ) . comparable to the original Rocket Octavix , which he also had

I keep saying that I'll get one . should do it already . I'm procrastinating on getting this pedalboard finished / never use the GT-10 unit anymore .
Told you they were good...

I'm only guessing that amp sims can be turned off globally , leaving only the effect . but would those effects even sound similar through one's own tube amp ?
The pedal models sound like the real pedals, either straight into a real amp or through the HX amp / cab models.

after looking up the HX stomp , I also noticed that only 6 effects can be chained . that's more than enough to get most sound , and it might make a nice addition to a pedalboard . that particular model is SMALL .
It's really meant to be an add-in to a pedal board although it can completely replace an entire rig if you don't use lots of effects, obvz and have decent FRFR monitoring.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
It's really meant to be an add-in to a pedal board although it can completely replace an entire rig if you don't use lots of effects, obvz and have decent FRFR monitoring.
Laura and I were just discussing this . it would be entirely worth it __ just to have access to EQ presets . I don't understand why there aren't more ( affordable ) programmable EQ pedals available

but the thing is . while I realize it would change the sound of most of the presets , would there be a way to globally turn the amp / cab sims off ?

BBD

Reaction score
but the thing is . while I realize it would change the sound of most of the presets , would there be a way to globally turn the amp / cab sims off ?
Yes, sure. The way it works is you have a blank, empty 'patch' which you then populate with whatever you want. If you don't put an amp and cab in there, then you don't get them :)

If you want a selection of pedals and and EQ (or two) then you populate your patch with what you want and you are good.

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Thanks for the good thoughts. Mary had a really good life but deserved much more time.

Had a cold front blow in on a Southwind yesterday evening and after the sun dropped Northwind took it over big time. Got steady 25mph winds going with gust in excess of 50. Will be interesting to see what gets blown down.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
It's a beautiful day here today. A "cold front" came in overnight, meaning we're only forecast to hit 93°F or so (we hit 100 yesterday for the first time this year). I'm going to drill holes on my head-cab, and apply the first of three gloss-coats (wet-sanding between coats) today.

I'm also gonna spend a good hour or two woodshedding Rush songs I haven't played in a while.

BBD

Reaction score
News from where I live that I had to share...

The Winchester district has registered more coronavirus-related deaths then the whole of Australia.

New figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show that 103 people have died in the city council district as of May 29.

That compares to 102 in Australia – a country of some 25 million people. Winchester district, by comparison, is home to around 124,000 people.

It means almost the same number of deaths have been registered despite the district’s population being less than one per cent that of Australia.

The district has also registered more deaths than a host of European nations with populations that run into the millions, including Estonia, Lithuania, Albania, Slovakia and Azerbaijan.
To be fair, things have improved recently and we are no longer up at the top of the UK plague tables but fucking hell it's been real round here. I know two people who have died - a local business manger and owner respectively - which is surreal, frankly. Neither were close friends but I've dealt with them for years.

Now waiting for the second wave to get going in a few weeks.

sliding tom

Reaction score
News from where I live that I had to share...

To be fair, things have improved recently and we are no longer up at the top of the UK plague tables but fucking hell it's been real round here. I know two people who have died - a local business manger and owner respectively - which is surreal, frankly. Neither were close friends but I've dealt with them for years.

Now waiting for the second wave to get going in a few weeks.
That's a f********g high rate! :shock: Fingers crossed that it'll be getting better. You and your family stay safe, Dom!

BBD

Reaction score
Keep your head down, Dom.
Doing my best, but someone has to go and get the food shopping done... :confused: Home delivery is - or SHOULD BE - for the elderly and those shielding and it really pisses me off when I see the delivery vans stopping in our road for households perfectly capable of doing their own shopping. Selfish bastards that they are.

And Boris Johnson's extremely ill-judged rush to return to school means Heidi is now back in two days a week with more in the pipeline.

Latest we keep hearing is that social distancing is 'under constant review' which means the hospitality industry and the Tory right are getting ever-closer to scrapping it so the music of the tills can resume.

Latest Threads