The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

sliding tom

Reaction score
g morning ( afternoon to you now ) Tom

Germany is 6 hours ahead of this location . so it looks like you're rising early , while some of us in The States are staying up late . while I'm finishing up my morning coffee __ you're probably finishing your dinner . hope that you enjoyed your day :thumb:
Yes I'm an early riser - about six on the clock usually...

sliding tom

Reaction score
Today's newspaper reports that the federal state of Rheinland Pfalz will permit the re-opening of brothels from Monday on provided that they will observe the stipulated regulations re: keeping a distance of at least 1.5 m or wearing a face mask - unless "the type of service provided" doesn't permit wearing a mask... :facepalm:

True! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Texas is lucky . most areas that I've lived in __ gas station coffee was always something to be avoided
Most of it here is crap. My chain has a decent supply chain and what's here is comparable to the ground Folger's ... make of that what you will. While I enjoy a good cuppa, I'm not picky about it.

A few of the other stores in my chain have machines that fresh-grind beans by the cup. I can't wait until we get those machines, they make a great cup.

BBD

Reaction score
Obvz only scratched the surface of ring modulators last night but while there are clearly some really interesting sounds to be had, I found the effect to be a bit... tethering because of its note-dependence (if that makes sense).

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
Most of it here is crap. My chain has a decent supply chain and what's here is comparable to the ground Folger's ... make of that what you will. While I enjoy a good cuppa, I'm not picky about it.

A few of the other stores in my chain have machines that fresh-grind beans by the cup. I can't wait until we get those machines, they make a great cup.
I won't say no to ground Folgers or the ilk.

That being said, when I brew a pot of Joe, it's fresh ground.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Obvz only scratched the surface of ring modulators last night but while there are clearly some really interesting sounds to be had, I found the effect to be a bit... tethering because of its note-dependence (if that makes sense).
it does have to be tuned to the song ( so yes . I understand what you're saying ) . I think of it as a drone note

the advantage of using it within an effects unit , is that you can run parallel chains very easily . example : to run before a fuzz effect / separate / drop it back in between the delay and reverb at the end of the line

you don't really want to run it through delay __ which will just make it messy

BBD

Reaction score
it does have to be tuned to the song ( so yes . I understand what you're saying ) . I think of it as a drone note
The video demo you posted yesterday made that point nicely and it does that kind of thing really well. I think it's just as you say, niche, song-specific. I've barely begun to figure out what is possible though.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Not a laughing matter, tbh.
I plead guilty to a wildly inappropriate sense of humor . while it might not be PC __ I still think that black olives matter

we live in a small(ish) town , and there's been disruptions downtown for the last several days . I think that the tensions of the Covid shutdowns , have only fueled the desire for some to get out and demonstrate

businesses have started boarding up today , expecting acts of extreme violence to happen this weekend

d30edfba-b73a-4a5f-9c10-b2feff0535ca_1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yodies all!

This is my favorite coffee... Mama Mocha.... My son (chef) is good friends with the owners and gets me coffee all along, some not on the market.... Bad ass coffee.... I've got about five different kinds but this is da cheeze!

Son lives just a couple of minutes from them...

Gonna try to get him to snag me a big sack of it (B I G)so I can separate and vacuum seal.... Rich coffee....

Nothing like filling the grinder with beans and then make fresh ground coffee.... Yeah buddy! It will wake you up!

I have some espresso beans (not on website or shelves) that makes you want to run somewhere and you won't care where... Damn good and creamy rich...

Click on pic for bigger image to read label if so desired....

1591472623444.png

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with the true peaceful protesters in spirit.

Good to see many actual protesters calling out the worthless thugs and trying to protect police, other folks, and businesses from the miscreants hell bent on mayhem and destruction.....

I hope those folks can change things there for their sake and maybe it spread to other big cities...

BBD

Reaction score
Protests can always enable the dickheads, but the focus must not be shifted from the many to the few. MLK nailed it back in 1967:

A riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? …It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity…as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again.

This really does have fuck-all to do with 'anarchists'.

Latest Threads