The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Gooner

Reaction score
Just in the process of ridding myself of bat flu. Mrs Gooner managed to contract it at work two weekends ago and brought it home to share. Both tested positive and have been isolating ever since. Just waiting for temperature to drop down to normal and cough to ease off, which I'm hoping will happen over the next couple of day so that I can go back to work next weekend. :thumb:

79standard

Reaction score
Just in the process of ridding myself of bat flu. Mrs Gooner managed to contract it at work two weekends ago and brought it home to share. Both tested positive and have been isolating ever since. Just waiting for temperature to drop down to normal and cough to ease off, which I'm hoping will happen over the next couple of day so that I can go back to work next weekend. :thumb:
Damn, I'm very sorry to hear that you two got the Plague, but it's good that you're on the mend!
:shock:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Here's hoping it's run-of-the-mill and not the 2020 Special, brotha.

sliding tom

Reaction score
So it hit the Tea Party....
:shock:

Bloody hell. I hope you get on the mend soon, and Mrs Gooner too. What a time this is.
What Dom said! :)

Good day folkses. :wave:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons . and Get Well Soon Gooner !

Just get HX Stomp :dunno:

Easily matches the Chase Bliss for aural goodness, 100x more tones and features, hundreds of preset banks, >$100 cheaper...
not even going to disagree with you on that anymore , after hearing a local muso demonstrate his a couple of weeks ago . the Octave Fuzz preset was jaw dropping ( I'm learning some of the Prince solos ) . comparable to the original Rocket Octavix , which he also had

I keep saying that I'll get one . should do it already . I'm procrastinating on getting this pedalboard finished / never use the GT-10 unit anymore . and the Zoom G3 only serves as an interface to the computer , so that I can use software emulations . . .

this is why I've been playing acoustic for the last couple of weeks :laugh2:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
there is one problem that I have with most of the Line 6 products though . . .

and I'm only posting this because it's something that most people wouldn't consider . with anything that has the amp or cab sims __ those reproductions are part of the effects / presets . I'm only guessing that amp sims can be turned off globally , leaving only the effect . but would those effects even sound similar through one's own tube amp ?

after looking up the HX stomp , I also noticed that only 6 effects can be chained . that's more than enough to get most sound , and it might make a nice addition to a pedalboard . that particular model is SMALL . the Line 6 Firehawk is half the price __ but more than double the size . and without an interface . meaning that you need to hook a tablet up

MelvinDale

Reaction score
there is one problem that I have with most of the Line 6 products though . . .
There's one for me too . . . . I've begged them for a Line 6 pedalboard that could power two minimum Line 6 devices as well as other pedals - I've got a Variax and a M9, but it's too much grief too try and do both with their power plugs.

Oh, good morning :wave:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
There's one for me too . . . . I've begged them for a Line 6 pedalboard that could power two minimum Line 6 devices as well as other pedals - I've got a Variax and a M9, but it's too much grief too try and do both with their power plugs.

Oh, good morning :wave:
are you talking about power supply ? or lines out ?

if you're going to run anything more than two units __ you should have them hooked up to a capable power supply . from what I've read , the HX Stomp draws 1.5A minimum :eek2:

not sure what you location is . or what you're outlets are rated at . but you might not want to run an amp , and too many FX units from the same point

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Hot and miserably muggy here.
Went out to my oldest sister's last night and saw her, with hubby, their son and his family and my other sister. Our first visit since Covid-19 and was filled with less than good news.

Our oldest brother's widow Mary has gone into hospice care. She has been eldest sis's BFF for 60 years and Kathy is taking it really hard. Mary was diagnosed with ALS several years ago and recently with throat cancer. Other sis is an RN that has worked with end-timers most of her career and suspects the time be short.
At least now the assisted-living home will allow 3 visitors. Scott (Mary's eldest) called while we were there to let Kathy know that she was one of the three along with his brother. I am hoping they go ahead and move her to younger son's so Mary will get to see her grand-kids too. Know it will be hard for them but some things are better endured at home.
I am extremely fortunate that all of the dearest losses of mine have happened at home.

Were still chewing that news when Terri (other Sis) gave us the latest on her oldest grandson. Don't think he had reached 10 it was obvious he was severely disturbed. He has turned 18 and has stopped taking his meds. It does not look good for his future since the mentally ill are almost in the same boat of indifference to their welfare as are people of color.

Here is to the folk that decided private interests would care for them better. The state hospitals that used to deal with folk like my nephew may not have been perfect but they beat hell out of the homelessness and incarceration that has largely become their lot when the for-profit folk realized there was not nearly as much profit in it as they had planned on.

John I hope that you and Frau Gooner make full recoveries and your kids remain free of the virus.

Are interesting times. Hope Ma smiles on us all.

MelvinDale

Reaction score
are you talking about power supply ? or lines out ?

if you're going to run anything more than two units __ you should have them hooked up to a capable power supply . from what I've read , the HX Stomp draws 1.5A minimum :eek2:

not sure what you location is . or what you're outlets are rated at . but you might not want to run an amp , and too many FX units from the same point
It's their WallWarts that I find issue with. When I play out I'm subject to whatever the house has for power -I've never had an issue with running amp, pedals, lights, etc, It just seems to me that Line 6 should have a priority board. As it is I have to use a power strip (surge protector) I have two different Voodoo Labs power sources, but neither will power two Line 6 effects - Can't use the dedicated curtesy plug on the back without attaching an extension to my Pedaltrain.

I live in northern Michigan now - Detroit are is where I was playing - power has never been an issue.

Latest Threads