The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Went to Henry's last night for a pizza/bonfire gathering of the band. Had a great time. Kevin brought a new D'Angelico acoustic that was a stupid deal of the day from MF. A nice guitar.

Was gone for 5 hours, and you would of thought I had been gone days the way Maddie acted when I got home (was the longest we have been apart since all this started).

Today Maddie caught the biggest Garter snake I have ever seen. They must be fairly durable dog toys because after I took it away from her I put it in the easement from which it disappeared as quickly as it realized I was not coming back.

Getting hot and muggy here today.
Hope Ma smiles on us all.

BBD

Reaction score
Good thing it wasn't a dangerous snake... I thought dogs were supposed to be instinctively wary of snakes. But maybe not all dogs all the time :laugh2:

Daily greetings to all; late as ever. But that's me these days - phone for news during the day, but no sit-down with a PC and forums until early evening, sometimes not at all. Nothing personal, you understand, just how it goes now.

:cheers2:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
A long, slow, boring day at work, but the high point: I've had a jazz ballad bouncing around in my head for a couple of years now, some changes sketched out, nothing in stone. It was to have been written with my last gal, who could sing a good piece. We broke up, and it languished.

Today at work it was slow enough that I picked a pad and went to work. Voila, a complete lyric based around the nugget just fell out, in about fifteen minutes.

Let's hope the chord changes don't take another two years ...

79standard

Reaction score
A long, slow, boring day at work, but the high point: I've had a jazz ballad bouncing around in my head for a couple of years now, some changes sketched out, nothing in stone. It was to have been written with my last gal, who could sing a good piece. We broke up, and it languished.

Today at work it was slow enough that I picked a pad and went to work. Voila, a complete lyric based around the nugget just fell out, in about fifteen minutes.

Let's hope the chord changes don't take another two years ...
Isn't that a quasiorgasmic moment when that happens?
Congratulations!

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
A beautiful spring evening here, the cicadas are whirring, the sun has set, and I'm in shirtsleeves on my porch.

Lots of personal things going on that may prevent my working on the cab at all on my three-day weekend which starts on Wednesday, but that's okay. Life happens. And it's happening a bit nowadays.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note... A week or so ago, a bud that did luthier work and once worked for Gib out west gave us some stuff he had laying around... Husks and such.... One of em was a Sunrise guitar built by Tim Shaw (yep, him) and Pat Murphy.... They were above the old ProCo place way back... Cool guitar... My biz partner claimed it and is going to restore it...

Here are a couple of pics of a Sunrise (not the one we have)... Very cool and well made guitars....

1591111934474.png
1591111990462.png

Latest Threads