The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

MelvinDale

Reaction score
Good morning Tom and to all that follow the bouncing ball in this forum.
There are days where I plug in and see next to nothing and others where there are pages upon pages of posts.
It's sometimes hard to keep up . . . not that I mind, but when I want comment on something I'd read - it's old news.
So, with that in mind - Great review of the Spark amp in the latest Guitar Player.
It confirmed - it's far too techy for me, but sounds like it could be a whole lot of fun.

BBD

Reaction score
It's white pine. The stain, and that's what I used, gets a lot of penetration. Sanding it back to natural and keeping flat surfaces might be a trick outside my skillset, lol.

I know about fining out my sanding, I just don't want to be adding even more work.
If you use a block it will keep the surface flat but I see what you mean - with pine the stain will go deep but unevenly depending on the structure of the grain and sanding back could leave it looking patchy, like a mangy dog's arse :confused:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
If you use a block it will keep the surface flat but I see what you mean - with pine the stain will go deep but unevenly depending on the structure of the grain and sanding back could leave it looking patchy, like a mangy dog's arse :confused:
And that's kinda what it looks like now, already. I use a sanding block when doing finish and final sanding, but divots and worse yet edge scratches still happen. I'm not terribly experienced in woodworking and so there will be imperfections.

I'll still put up pics; it will still be a good build, as it is square, true, and rugged. It just won't be as pretty as I'd hoped for.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
New buddy Darrel? Adorable.
I adopted him about eighteen months ago. Next-door neighbor moved to sneak out on the landlord ahead of rent, and they were going to abandon him, so I took him in, built him a doghouse, and reaped the rewards a loving dog gives to a person who treats them right. :)

What is it with Hatters and vicious-looking dogs? A masculinity thing? These animals are clearly weapons.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
He will definitely lick you to death if you aren't very wary. The only neighbor he doesn't get along with is a poorly-trained pitbull ... and the pitbull is afraid of my Blackie, it's the funniest thing.

Latest Threads