The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

BBD

Reaction score
I gotta say, after picking up the Am Dlx Skrat SCN S-1 banjocaster, I have played it more than my other guitars....
Similar happened to me... all because of people here. They know who they are... I never knew I liked Strats so much :laugh2:

An easier transition for me as I shifted to low output HBs on my (then) main guitar several years ago, but I just like the way the Strat plays. I find the LP more like hard work in comparison.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Similar happened to me... all because of people here. They know who they are... I never knew I liked Strats so much :laugh2:

An easier transition for me as I shifted to low output HBs on my (then) main guitar several years ago, but I just like the way the Strat plays. I find the LP more like hard work in comparison.
The ergonomics are superior. The overall look is still artey and modernistic and not in a freakish way. It's a masterpiece of 20th century design. The Les Paul is a shrunk down guitar shaped block of wood, in crass terms. Still I love 'em both. Horses for courses as they say. The SG was an attempt to address the LPs shortcomings and was a good compromise (except for that inadequate neck tenon. *cough*) which they also later addressed.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Dom..
I think in the current crisis and out of fairness and respect to others in this thread as with the whole Brexit saga we should knock the armchair politics on the head...:)

Soup recipes...Now there's a nice hearty topic..
Do you still have the recipe for your famous "Golden Winchester Soup" you once spoke of?
You know, the one that contained 22 carrots.

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
My youngest daughter tagged me on Farcebook with this this am.

This was me when they were growing up as I wore a sweater just like this around the house. And ..um..other similarities. It's a running joke in our family. :laugh2:

And yes...the meme describes everything I'm doing.,:rolleyes:
View attachment 450180

And we all know the dudes exquisite taste when it comes to guitars..

photostudio_1585442270268.jpg

79standard

Reaction score
Go ahead and post your Strat. I'll gladly oggle it. :laugh2:

Oddly, I am not inclined to photograph my stuff. A. I'm lazy. B. It just feels weird. I'm a person who suffered from body dysmorphia in my very early teens and to this day dislike being photographed so maybe it's an extention of that. :hmm:
Me, I have a ton of good pix of my guitars, but...
all but a handful are too big for MLP, and I am far too lazy and easily befuddled to shrink them.
Great for email, text, FB and IG, but way too big for MLP.
As Edro says, "just is."

In other news, bingewatching Mythbusters is great fun. But this issue I'm watching has Jessi Combs, whom we lost recently, so I had a sad for awhile.
More than a pretty face, she knew things.

In other news, a friend of a friend died of the virus two days after entering the hospital.
She's kind of tore up about it, obviously, and I was depleted by the news.

Last edited:

Latest Threads