The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I'm sure you know the salt trick __ but for obvious reasons , not good to do near a pond . have you tried boiling water ? . kills down to the root / doesn't destroy the minerals in the dirt

my Father used a steam machine for problem areas . no chemicals . just plain water
Not on an acre and a half. It's a yuge pia to do anything. I tried to hit it early along the banks with copper sulphate. The Cutrine plus is supposed to dissapate and not remain in the water like the regular stuff. The agricultural runoff which spikes the stuff is not as bad as when my neighbors grew corn (auuugghh!) or even cattle. But our new neighbors have a couple of barns and they raise and house thouroghbreds. They spread the stall muck in their fields so I'm wondering if the runoff is affecting the nitrogen level in the pond.
It's beautiful in the winter and spring. But the damn stuff explodes come May.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Not on an acre and a half. It's a yuge pia to do anything. I tried to hit it early along the banks with copper sulphate. The Cutrine plus is supposed to dissapate and not remain in the water like the regular stuff. The agricultural runoff which spikes the stuff is nit as bad ascwhen my neighbors grew corn (auuugghh!) orvefen cattle. But our new neighbors have a couple of barns and they raise and house thouroghbreds. They spread the stall muck in their fields so I'm wondering if the runoff is affecting the nitrogen level in the pond.
It's beautiful in the winter and spring. But the damn stuff explodes come May.
yes . I should have asked how large the pond is :facepalm:

and if your neighbor's property is affecting the ground water . I'm not sure what you can do about it ( short of killing all of their horses . and I don't know why I think that's funny . I need help )

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Simply stated, observe the much and often-repeated posting rules of this forum. And be respectful of other members, even if you don't agree with their comments. This little coffee klatch of a thread isn't going to sit in judgement of other members.
You all know.

And if I get an argument, it will be the last argument.
So can we discuss the coronavirus outbreak? It looms pretty large in everyone's community right now. At least it does in mine. I realize the way in which we discuss it may be the issue.

Just read a thing that says the DOJ says spreading it intentionally could now bring a charge of terrorism. At the same time some folks are promoting coronavirus parties for kids. :dunno:

My community was ground zero for this thang in my state. And as far as practicing social distancing the state government rates us a D. :facepalm:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
yes . I should have asked how large the pond is :facepalm:

and if your neighbor's property is affecting the ground water . I'm not sure what you can do about it ( short of killing all of their horses . and I don't know why I think that's funny . I need help )
If they caught me...one of them sold at Keeneland recently for a million. :eek2:

My wife has corrected me. They're not thoroughbreds, they're standard breds. They're Trotters...so what the hell do I know. :laugh2:

BBD

Reaction score
Erika turned me onto this a decade ago.
Nailed. He did some good stuff back in the day - still listen to my battered old CD - yes, a CD :eek: - of Original Pirate Material...

Damn. What did I miss? :shock:
I wondered too. Wasn't me. Perhaps best left to disappear over the horizon. Enough shit going down as it is.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
So can we discuss the coronavirus outbreak? It looms pretty large in everyone's community right now. At least it does in mine. I realize the way in which we discuss it may be the issue.

Just read a thing that says the DOJ says spreading it intentionally could now bring a charge of terrorism. At the same time some folks are promoting coronavirus parties for kids. :dunno:

My community was ground zero for this thang in my state. And as far as practicing social distancing the state government rates us a D. :facepalm:
I don't care what you discuss, as long as it is within forum posting rules, and it is not about other members here. It cannot get any clearer than that.

You already know that.

Do NOT answer me back. This game is over.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Nailed. He did some good stuff back in the day - still listen to my battered old CD - yes, a CD :eek: - of Original Pirate Material...

I wondered too. Wasn't me. Perhaps best left to disappear over the horizon. Enough shit going down as it is.
Yep. You know what they say about cats and curiosity. :laugh2:

Am I wrong, or does this guy nail Robert Goulet or not? Could be just my imagination.

cmh6122

Reaction score
The kids across the street bought a house and are doing the final cleaning of the house they had been renting. Been there five, six years and have been a joy.
Quiet, hard-working, vested in their children. Hard to think what more one could want with neighbors.

Cannot imagine how tuff this has to be on them.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I'm sure the uncertainty is scary. My daughter that works at Toyota, they've just extended their shutdown an additional two weeks. The second week without pay. It's nice when a billion dollar corporation takes care of their own like that. :laugh2:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
The kids across the street bought a house and are doing the final cleaning of the house they had been renting. Been there five, six years and have been a joy.
Quiet, hard-working, vested in their children. Hard to think what more one could want with neighbors.

Cannot imagine how tuff this has to be on them.

neighbors moving out means neighbors moving in . wishing you Good Luck with that

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now see? I got a 490 in a couple of guitars. People pan them all the time forgetting they were Gibsons first (halfassed) RI of the paf. My understanding is that 490 was their designation for the first HBs. I have one modern one that 's potted (490 T) and one ancient one that's unpotted. There's a world of difference between the two.
I love em.... I think the dislike has to do with them not being nuclear.... I don't like nuclear humbuckers.....

Gooner

Reaction score
G'day all.

Starting the day with blue in the sky. Maddie has had her breakfast and is on the couch watching 'Rawhide'- an old cowboy show that was Clint Eastwood's start.

Maddie and I are shooting for 20 miles this week (we take weekends off for home stuff), and can probably slack off by tomorrow (we won't).

Thanks John.
The fight at Dinant was given a pretty detailed description. Do though doubt that the average American had a clue the Brits were there at all, or that the US units North of the bulge were commanded by Montgomery (not a fan). Amazingly the CW (and allied) unit that gets the most credit in my history for the success there was a Canadian Forestry Battalion. Not even a combat unit, but they made the difference at Dinant.
Has your Dockland felt this yet?

Maddie and I are making bread today.

Be safe my friends, and may Ma smile on us all.
Interesting videos from Mark Felton, he did one recently about the British unit that landed on Omaha beech on DDay.
Docklands busy with freight, the Tourist traffic has ended for the time being as you would expect the French, as always, playing silly buggers

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I love em.... I think the dislike has to do with them not being nuclear.... I don't like nuclear humbuckers.....
Through the '80s they were pretty much in everything that didn't have the nukes or tarbacks. I learned to like 'em and thought nothing of it. But then I also manage to find applications for those cheapass Epi hot alnicos that corksniffers swear will kill yer dogs, burn down yer house and ruin yer life. :laugh2:

Latest Threads