The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holier than thou cuts both ways. :)
I missed this the first time because I was on my cell and dealing with multiple things.

But I got it now, alright.

I'm going to let that go, and let you folks have your thread here.

But I'm not going to tolerate that sort of shot-taking again.

-Bank on it.

Don't comment on it, just understand it and move on.

Then so will I.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welp,

Got finished with my Skrat.... Several coats rubbed in until it starts getting stiff.... Let it white out and buff off with microfiber cloth.... then wipedown to get all dried carnauba dust off and do it again...... Then played it for a good while....

I can't help that I love a clean and kank-free guitar. Old Bessie looks the same as when I got her ballpark 40+ years ago.... Just natural color change over time.... All of mine look as when I got em or better... Guitars and basses.... My son is gonna freak one day....hopefully a long time from now though.....

I think I'll start on one of my basses next.....

You know you're bored when you get all excited watching the dry carnauba haze wipe away and leave that glassy shine behind.... f

Hell, this morning I had a cold biscuit (a scone for you folks that like to toss an extra "u" in words for no apparent reason) and spent a bit of time considering the difference in texture between a fresh out of the over biscuit and the cold one out of the fridge..... Now THAT is bored....

Not bored enough to start coding again though....wife is here with me.... I like being totally alone when I code with an environment of cold, sound ranging from silence to Gregorian chants to Mozart.... Either she would take me out or vice versa.... She is unable to refrain from interrupting me whenever I am immersed in something....

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welp,

Got finished with my Skrat.... Several coats rubbed in until it starts getting stiff.... Let it white out and buff off with microfiber cloth.... then wipedown to get all dried carnauba dust off and do it again...... Then played it for a good while....

I can't help that I love a clean and kank-free guitar. Old Bessie looks the same as when I got her ballpark 40+ years ago.... Just natural color change over time.... All of mine look as when I got em or better... Guitars and basses.... My son is gonna freak one day....hopefully a long time from now though.....

I think I'll start on one of my basses next.....

You know you're bored when you get all excited watching the dry carnauba haze wipe away and leave that glassy shine behind.... f

Hell, this morning I had a cold biscuit (a scone for you folks that like to toss an extra "u" in words for no apparent reason) and spent a bit of time considering the difference in texture between a fresh out of the over biscuit and the cold one out of the fridge..... Now THAT is bored....

Not bored enough to start coding again though....wife is here with me.... I like being totally alone when I code with an environment of cold, sound ranging from silence to Gregorian chants to Mozart.... Either she would take me out or vice versa.... She is unable to refrain from interrupting me whenever I am immersed in something....
Edro, I hoped you rubbed her down with naptha before waxing.

If you leave the old wax, and apply new wax, then you're pushing around the old, dirty wax.

And that just don't make no sense nohow.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine if I iived way out in the country with no neighbors....with a big ass pond and a concrete and steel island with an office in the middle....

I'm missing the pond.

Doesn't matter though. If I had a pond, my wife would fill it with gators, throw in dummy clothing filled with rotten chicken pieces.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just deleted a very ugly exchange.

If it pops up again, or any more maligning of MLP members character surfaces, or there's an argument with me or any other moderator in any other form, the author of ANY of the above is getting kicked to the curb. I don't give a shit about your politics or your world view, or how it relates or doesn't relate to the forum. And I don't care if you like it or not.

No joke.

I don't want to see emoticons, I don't want to see any laughing bullshit. I don't want to see anything but you people resume your normal, daily conversations.

I don't like having to come in here and take care of complaints and kick people in the nuts.

But I WILL NOT tolerate argument.

I don't want any stupid PMs either.

Just leave it lie.

Gooner

Reaction score
That's the subject of my last 3 books. Two- "The Ardennes; Battle of the Bulge" Hugh M Cole and "Breakout and Pursuit" Martin Blumenson from the Center of Military History and a first-person account of a 2nd LT in the 1st Infantry "One More Hill" Franklyn A. Johnson (Harvard Phd 1952).

Think knowing the sacrifice that has been made in the hope of what we could be is the burr under my saddle with the pissers and moaners and deniers.

Charlie, you may find this interesting.....

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Starting the day with blue in the sky. Maddie has had her breakfast and is on the couch watching 'Rawhide'- an old cowboy show that was Clint Eastwood's start.

Maddie and I are shooting for 20 miles this week (we take weekends off for home stuff), and can probably slack off by tomorrow (we won't).

Charlie, you may find this interesting.....

Thanks John.
The fight at Dinant was given a pretty detailed description. Do though doubt that the average American had a clue the Brits were there at all, or that the US units North of the bulge were commanded by Montgomery (not a fan). Amazingly the CW (and allied) unit that gets the most credit in my history for the success there was a Canadian Forestry Battalion. Not even a combat unit, but they made the difference at Dinant.
Has your Dockland felt this yet?

Maddie and I are making bread today.

Be safe my friends, and may Ma smile on us all.

cmh6122

Reaction score
Thanks Phil - looks like the Tax Haven Express is up and running...
Hoorah Dom.

Erika turned me onto this a decade ago.

Too many will be on thin ice and they skate off to safe for them holdfasts with replacable populations, but they will have good tans.

And simply because there is always hope, and that I have a thing for Maypoles.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I just deleted a very ugly exchange.

If it pops up again, or any more maligning of MLP members character surfaces, or there's an argument with me or any other moderator in any other form, the author of ANY of the above is getting kicked to the curb. I don't give a shit about your politics or your world view, or how it relates or doesn't relate to the forum. And I don't care if you like it or not.

No joke.

I don't want to see emoticons, I don't want to see any laughing bullshit. I don't want to see anything but you people resume your normal, daily conversations.

I don't like having to come in here and take care of complaints and kick people in the nuts.

But I WILL NOT tolerate argument.

I don't want any stupid PMs either.

Just leave it lie.
Damn. What did I miss? :shock: :laugh2:

Far as ponds go..it ain't what it's cracked up to be. I'm having a devil of a problem with pond weed infestation. I hate to nuke it but it looks like my only option. Cutrine plus seems to do nothing and 60 pounds of it cost around 200 bucks. And the friggin' river otters are eating my grass carp.

Anybody got any cheap and dirty fixes?

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Edro, I hoped you rubbed her down with naptha before waxing.

If you leave the old wax, and apply new wax, then you're pushing around the old, dirty wax.

And that just don't make no sense nohow.
I like mineral spirits meself. Anybody ever use like the acrylic floor wax stuff? It builds quick, looks like lacquer, (as long as you pad it right and don't streak it) and you can remove it with ammonia. I spiff up headstocks with it, a couple of coats builds quick. And no buffing. Also got some liquid floor wax I use but for get the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Beautiful day here at the house... 86° F.....

Sitting with wifey at the house.... Partner said yesterday that since I was in the more vulnerable crowd being over 60, I didn't 'have' to come into the shop.... Soooo, I am sitting on my ass at the house and have been wearing out Netflix for the last few hours.... Bored as hell....

I've already carnauba'd the hell out'n my latest Lester... the unplayed 2013 Studio win red high gloss with the 490 series splitting humbuckers and granadillo board... Love that guitar.... Rubbed about three rounds on body and about four on neck back...... Makes it slick as hell....

I guess the 2009 Am Dlx SCN S-1 Skrat is next on the carnauba list to be done....

I guess all my guitars will get a turn before long....

I am really loving the 490s... Damn nice pickups.... Took me a bit adjusting pickup height and poles but that Lester sounds damn nice.... The pickups make that Lester sound unique among my other Lesters... Different enough that the jury was out for a bit when I first got it.....but love it now... One thing I did though because I was playing the Skrat, I had the PrimeVibe on 'Red' for ballpark four weeks.. I'd pull it every now and then and play it for a couple of hours then back on my bench here at home... Made an obvious difference... I even knocked on the back of the neck from one end to the other every couple of days.... Yep. A good bit higher up the neck., a big change... higher and more rez...
Now see? I got a 490 in a couple of guitars. People pan them all the time forgetting they were Gibsons first (halfassed) RI of the paf. My understanding is that 490 was their designation for the first HBs. I have one modern one that 's potted (490 T) and one ancient one that's unpotted. There's a world of difference between the two.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Damn. What did I miss? :shock: :laugh2:

Far as ponds go..it ain't what it's cracked up to be. I'm having a devil of a problem with pond weed infestation. I hate to nuke it but it looks like my only option. Cutrine plus seems to do nothing and 60 pounds of it cost around 200 bucks. And the friggin' river otters are eating my grass carp.

Anybody got any cheap and dirty fixes?
I'm sure you know the salt trick __ but for obvious reasons , not good to do near a pond . have you tried boiling water ? . kills down to the root / doesn't destroy the minerals in the dirt

my Father used a steam machine for problem areas . no chemicals . just plain water

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I like mineral spirits meself. Anybody ever use like the acrylic floor wax stuff? It builds quick, looks like lacquer, (as long as you pad it right and don't streak it) and you can remove it with ammonia. I spiff up headstocks with it, a couple of coats builds quick. And no buffing. Also got some liquid floor wax I use but for get the manufacturer.
I like the Naptha . but after full cleaning , it's best to bring out the shine in the original paint before applying any kind of waxes .

Meguiars Number 2 followed by Number 7 is what I learned . works so well that it can even make a pickguard look like brand new . which is impressive to me

sliding tom

Reaction score
I like the Naptha . but after full cleaning , it's best to bring out the shine in the original paint before applying any kind of waxes .

Meguiars Number 2 followed by Number 7 is what I learned . works so well that it can even make a pickguard look like brand new . which is impressive to me

Looks like you could open business as a "de-relicing service".... :naughty:

Latest Threads