The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

*Mod Note*

I've read some things in here that I'm not to happy about.

Some of you continue to treat this thread as if it were a separate forum from MLP.

It's not.

It is subject to all the rules and regs that the rest of the forum is subject to.

You folks in here are not "Holier than thou" nor "above it all".

If you not like the people that visit this forum, you are most free to venture off from it and start your own forum.

Gooner

Reaction score
Fact check:

The NHS budget rose, on average, by 3.6% per year since 1949 until the Tories got in in 2010. Since then, the average annual increase in the NHS annual budget has been 1.3%.
Fact check, the initial NHS budget was cut by the Labour Party on introduction. Fact check, the Labour introduction of PFI has had a crippling effect on many health authorities. It may not suit your political preferences, but left is good , right is bad is complete bollocks. None of them are much cop, left or right. If anything, I feel more let down by Labour because I know I'm going to be stiffed by the Tories, I don't expect Labour to do it as well and they have.

Apologies Dave, if this is out of line

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

*Mod Note*

I've read some things in here that I'm not to happy about.

Some of you continue to treat this thread as if it were a separate forum from MLP.

It's not.

It is subject to all the rules and regs that the rest of the forum is subject to.

You folks in here are not "Holier than thou" nor "above it all".

If you not like the people that visit this forum, you are most free to venture off from it and start your own forum.
It would help,if you'd be specific as I really am never sure what is and isn't allowed much of the time considering things I see out on the boards.

I am pretty sure I'm one of the "culprits" just not sure which particular thing crosses the line while other philosophies get bashed daily "out there"'with no repercussions.:dunno:

Holier than thou cuts both ways. :)

Not arguing with you btw. Just asking for clarity.

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
Fact check, the initial NHS budget was cut by the Labour Party on introduction.
Which slightly ignores the fact that Labour created the NHS in the first place...

Fact check, the Labour introduction of PFI has had a crippling effect on many health authorities.
In fact, PFI was introduced by John Major but yes, proliferated and did huge damage to the NHS under Blair.

If anything, I feel more let down by Labour because I know I'm going to be stiffed by the Tories, I don't expect Labour to do it as well and they have.
On this we are in complete agreement.

Gooner

Reaction score
Which slightly ignores the fact that Labour created the NHS in the first place...

In fact, PFI was introduced by John Major but yes, proliferated and did huge damage to the NHS under Blair.

On this we are in complete agreement.

Being pedantic, Labour introduced the NHS on a reduced budget, it was actually Winston Churchill (Tory) who commisioned in 1943 or 1944 the Liberal, Bevan, to look at the viability of an NHS and it was in the Tory manifesto in 1945, not in Labours', however as you know, Tories got blown out, Labour got in and introduced the NHS in 1947. I might be wrong on exact years, long time since I looked at this aspect of our history. Bottom line, very few of our current crop of political elite can even vaguely identify as human!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a '75 t-top with an embossed cover I consider a spare which I would be willing to part with. Admittedly the '75 isn't "legit' like the '71 patent sticker I have installed but who's gonna know but you?
Looking at Ebay prices...and the fact it's formerly owned by yours truly (which adds to the provenance considerably) I'll settle for a gajillion dollars. Or store credit. Whichever.

I got a real Moon Pie.....ok, half a Moon Pie but I wrapped it real good in a tater chip bag.....and a can of Vienna Sussages.....

:cool2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beautiful day here at the house... 86° F.....

Sitting with wifey at the house.... Partner said yesterday that since I was in the more vulnerable crowd being over 60, I didn't 'have' to come into the shop.... Soooo, I am sitting on my ass at the house and have been wearing out Netflix for the last few hours.... Bored as hell....

I've already carnauba'd the hell out'n my latest Lester... the unplayed 2013 Studio win red high gloss with the 490 series splitting humbuckers and granadillo board... Love that guitar.... Rubbed about three rounds on body and about four on neck back...... Makes it slick as hell....

I guess the 2009 Am Dlx SCN S-1 Skrat is next on the carnauba list to be done....

I guess all my guitars will get a turn before long....

I am really loving the 490s... Damn nice pickups.... Took me a bit adjusting pickup height and poles but that Lester sounds damn nice.... The pickups make that Lester sound unique among my other Lesters... Different enough that the jury was out for a bit when I first got it.....but love it now... One thing I did though because I was playing the Skrat, I had the PrimeVibe on 'Red' for ballpark four weeks.. I'd pull it every now and then and play it for a couple of hours then back on my bench here at home... Made an obvious difference... I even knocked on the back of the neck from one end to the other every couple of days.... Yep. A good bit higher up the neck., a big change... higher and more rez...

cmh6122

Reaction score
Maddie and I did almost 5 miles today. Was blue sky and upper 60s. Saw our first frog, turtle and butterflies.
She is crashed on the couch.

My windows are open.

Saw quite a few folk out. All were doing the CovfefeVirus shuffle, but almost all greeted Maddie. Hope they maintain their positive spirit. Kansas is like no other place and we are a resilient folk.

Let's be good boys.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would help,if you'd be specific as I really am never sure what is and isn't allowed much of the time considering things I see out on the boards.

I am pretty sure I'm one of the "culprits" just not sure which particular thing crosses the line while other philosophies get bashed daily "out there"'with no repercussions.:dunno:

Holier than thou cuts both ways. :)

Not arguing with you btw. Just asking for clarity.
Simply stated, observe the much and often-repeated posting rules of this forum. And be respectful of other members, even if you don't agree with their comments. This little coffee klatch of a thread isn't going to sit in judgement of other members.
You all know.

And if I get an argument, it will be the last argument.

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
Soooo, I am sitting on my ass at the house and have been wearing out Netflix for the last few hours.... Bored as hell....

I am going to rent Gettysburg, the 1993 version with Jeff Daniels and Sam Elliot, four and one half hours of American history, portrayed with re-enactors at the actual locations. Worth a watch if you have some spare time. :naughty:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Glad it's all good with the kit, Ed.

Interesting - any idea why?
No idea but when one comes over . East to West of late I track them on Flight Radar.
Ironically they are all heading for the islands off of Venezuela.
Could be coincidence but I'll check any flights I see tomorrow and see where they are going.

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
Spellbinding flick. Well done.

One of the books read recently was "Gettysburg; A Testing of Courage" by Noah Andre Trudeau. Highly recommended.
I once read 'The Killer Angels', the book 'Gettysburg' was based on.
I have been on a bit of a WW2 binge, having read 'The Indianapolis' about the sinking of the heavy criuser at the end of the war and now 'Atlantic Nightmare' about the submarine attacks on allied convoys.

cmh6122

Reaction score
I once read 'The Killer Angels', the book 'Gettysburg' was based on.
I have been on a bit of a WW2 binge, having read 'The Indianapolis' about the sinking of the heavy criuser at the end of the war and now 'Atlantic Nightmare' about the submarine attacks on allied convoys.
That's the subject of my last 3 books. Two- "The Ardennes; Battle of the Bulge" Hugh M Cole and "Breakout and Pursuit" Martin Blumenson from the Center of Military History and a first-person account of a 2nd LT in the 1st Infantry "One More Hill" Franklyn A. Johnson (Harvard Phd 1952).

Think knowing the sacrifice that has been made in the hope of what we could be is the burr under my saddle with the pissers and moaners and deniers.

Latest Threads