The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what makes you think that you will be better able to evaluate the scientific evidence than the global community of scientists who study it and have concluded that there is a grave risk in continuing as we are? I often ask contrarians this, and am always interested in their responses.
I won't..
I am merely skeptical of the word "expert".
I've met and heard many in my lifetime on a whole range of subjects ..:laugh2:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Prunedrops are falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to google
Those prunedrops are falling on my head, they keep falling

Don't mind me, just having a wee sing to myself, carry on.

BBD

Reaction score
I won't..
That is to say that you don't believe that climate scientists understand their own domain of expertise. This is just like me saying that you don't understand the guitar and relevant music theory.

Have a ponder about that for a moment, then answer the question: what makes you think you are better positioned to understand the scientific evidence than the scientists who study it?

You really need to address this.

Fardwark

Reaction score
I won't..
I've met and heard many in my lifetime on a whole range of subjects ..:laugh2:

As a session musician of note with a vast & distinguished back catalogue of easily verifiable sources, a well respected & regarded music teacher who specializes in nurturing & encouraging young talent, a mighty player whom I've seen first hand playing up a storm without even working up a sweat, a snappy dresser who isn't embarrassed to wear Rupert the bear trousers...

Phil-UK47-01.jpg

If someone was to say to me, "Quick Sid, I need a guitar expert at the double or the shits gonna hit the fan!" I would defo have you in my top men to talk to.

According to that mad post of yours I quoted, everything I just said is a load off old wank?

Nope! I got it right. Lets see yi argue this wan oot. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

EDIT: Added some photographic evidence for the jurors to consider. On a personal note, not ashamed to admit he gives me the right feckin' horn!

Last edited:

Fardwark

Reaction score
Ha! Forgot I took a bunch of snaps on Saturday Night/Sunday morning. 5 of us. 2 42" HD TVs, 2 HD PC Monitors, 4 PS$ Pro's playing Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator or as I have subverted it to, Dram Turismo: The Real Drinking Simulator. This is team DDR (Drink Drive Racing) at our usual worst. Ritchie the drummer/ sleeping beauty is an honorary member.

We had a right nice bottle of Makers Mark Bourbon, Whisky without an E I noticed on the bottle label. 45% & lovely. £25 down from £32 at Morrisons. Glenmorangie & Ardbeg & Glen Moray & tons of stinky weed.

Great night out. Glasgow Herald. :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: 5 oot a 5 big yins.

thumbnail_IMG_20200215_234108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200216_003817.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200216_022450.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200216_022751.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200216_082013.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200216_083556.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
As a session musician of note with a vast & distinguished back catalogue of easily verifiable sources, a well respected & regarded music teacher who specializes in nurturing & encouraging young talent, a mighty player whom I've seen first hand playing up a storm without even working up a sweat, a snappy dresser who isn't embarrassed to wear Rupert the bear trousers...

View attachment 440652

If someone was to say to me, "Quick Sid, I need a guitar expert at the double or the shits gonna hit the fan!" I would defo have you in my top men to talk to.

According to that mad post of yours I quoted, everything I just said is a load off old wank?

Nope! I got it right. Lets see yi argue this wan oot. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

EDIT: Added some photographic evidence for the jurors to consider. On a personal note, not ashamed to admit he gives me the right feckin' horn!
But you'd be spot on in your analogy if the band you were recommending me to was a punk band...They'd be on the phone to you in a flash..."Who's this complete wanker you recommended to us Sid we thought you said he was an expert?"....:laugh2:

Fardwark

Reaction score
But you'd be spot on in your analogy if the band you were recommending me to was a punk band...They'd be on the phone to you in a flash..."Who's this complete wanker you recommended to us Sid we thought you said he was an expert?"....:laugh2:
You devious fucker. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Bollock all about gerne. Bottom line is... Who knows his/her shit & is an expert in their field regardless.

You fit the bill & I wont say otherwise. So there.

You have to argue out of me complementing you. I'm a right sneaky fucker too. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

79standard

Reaction score
Ha! Forgot I took a bunch of snaps on Saturday Night/Sunday morning. 5 of us. 2 42" HD TVs, 2 HD PC Monitors, 4 PS$ Pro's playing Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator or as I have subverted it to, Dram Turismo: The Real Drinking Simulator. This is team DDR (Drink Drive Racing) at our usual worst. Ritchie the drummer/ sleeping beauty is an honorary member.

We had a right nice bottle of Makers Mark Bourbon, Whisky without an E I noticed on the bottle label. 45% & lovely. £25 down from £32 at Morrisons. Glenmorangie & Ardbeg & Glen Moray & tons of stinky weed.

Great night out. Glasgow Herald. :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: :yesway: 5 oot a 5 big yins.

View attachment 440688
View attachment 440689
View attachment 440690
View attachment 440691
View attachment 440692
View attachment 440693

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Weed and quality whisky sounds like a fun night indeed.

and your "Dram Turismo" gag is one of the funniest things I've seen in years! :thumb:

79standard

Reaction score
20200217_191524.jpg
20200217_191524.jpg

I finally found the perfect travel guitar for my epic late-March performance at the Wonder Valley Experimental Music Festival.

It's one of those half-sized Strats, and I can use the capital S for Strat, as this Squier is a legit Fender product.

$99.99, y'all!

As much as I like to tinker, this guitar needs absolutely *nothing* at all!
Another win for Indonesian guitar craft!
:thumb:

Verily I say, the tuners are good enough to gig with (backlash very slight),
the pickups are some of the airiest I've heard,
the tone control is usefully voiced,
the pots and switches inspire confidence,
overall build quality is just plain reassuring.

And "reassuring" is just what I need for a trip that rubs against 3 of my phobias:
air travel,
traveling alone, and
toxic arachnids (desert, y'all!).

Did I mention the East-West leg of this trip has two 3-hour layovers?

It's an honor to be invited to play this show and hopefully impress my fellow nonconformists, so I can't really complain about the ruinous expense and the humiliating horror of modern air travel.
It's a self-inflicted wound for a good cause -- telling the artmusic community that I... Have... Landed.
:D