The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Glad things are better in your area!
Damn, but the news vids from Wales, unbelievable flooding!
Yeah, south Wales is only about 90 miles north of us and the Somerset levels which always get flooded even closer.
Saturday was the worst here and although we had no flooding as the village is 600ft above sea level, all the roads in nearby low lying valley's with rivers were flooded.
Unfortunately it's just one of those things which we've witnessed many times before over the years.

Last edited:

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Clouds moving in but must be almost 50F out there.

Nope. That is simply another invention of those who need deny humanities responsibilities for the shit we are responsible for.

My daffodils and other flowers are well above the layer of leaves I covered them with for insulation. Will see what blooms this year.
The flora that uses temps to time things be having a helluva time. Fear we are closing in on that time where agricultural production is affected on a global scale.
There is reason that the Pentagon considers Climate Change as a grave threat to national security.

If we don't start giving Ma due respect she will erase us.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It was me and others, was it? Thought it was just me & the strong beer. It was diabolically bloody strong :naughty::yesway: .The conspiracy grows.

I could go on but I shall not. Brining shit up from 6 years ago about an event you bottled out off. Yes you did & we all remember why you did. Really? That all you got wee man? Bye.
You really are fuckin' unreal.

Do you know what a gig is? You been rat-arsed for so long that you don't remember?

My gigs were with a band that I started with three others in 2012, and that band is still going now.

I won't bring up at this point the other shit that went down at Bridport the time you were there. But here's a clue: go and ask Cookie, if you dare...

There's a lot more as to why OTHERS decided not to attend any more after your appearance...

Best you shut the fuck up now...

Phil47uk

Reaction score
No, it's getting worse. And we all know exactly why it is getting worse.
Well let's put it this way Dom . I've seen it worse...A lot worse over the years.
Sorry Dom.. I'm still out on this climate panic at present. Call me a denier, whatever you wish but from what I've seen and read of late I need to look into the whole thing a bit closer.
Extinction Rebellion for a start have just made a complete laughing stock of themselves and also have made themselves a lot of enemies. Not a good idea when you are trying to put across a "good " cause.
So far all I have seen are a bunch of condescending white middle class activists who are about as clued up on the earth's climate as I am about water births...:laugh2:
Carry on as they have been carrying on and someone is going to get hurt..Badly hurt which is a great way to sell a cause.

I'm afraid if they blocked a road like they have been doing and I was trying to get one of my family to hospital in an emergency I'd simply drive slowly through them and if they didn't get out the way..Tough shit. And yes! I would do it...
Just look at the clowns...And look at the mess which is going to take as whole bunch gas guzzling trucks to clean up....Disgraceful.

Interestingly here's a clip with the bit they conveniently don't show you and which is edited out
"We are passive protesters " they claim..Yet.
Take a close look at the guy who has climbed on top of the tube train bringing the whole of the rush hour tube network to a halt. Someone tries to climb up to confront him and what does he do...He takes a kick at him...And he wonders why they drag him off.. :facepalm:
If you want to talk climate change to people then give people like David Attenborough more air time..
Does anyone really think I'm going to take some spotty faced patronising little twat in horned rimmed glasses who's taken a day off college seriously?....:laugh2:

BBD

Reaction score
Well let's put it this way Dom . I've seen it worse...A lot worse over the years.
Sorry Dom.. I'm still out on this climate panic at present. Call me a denier, whatever you wish
Okay, you're a denier :laugh2:

We've been through this before, but physics is physics. Trying to make it all about XR or GT or whatever fails to address the scientific issue and is a rhetoric of avoidance, not an argument.

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
Call me a denier, whatever you wish but from what I've seen and read of late I need to look into the whole thing a bit closer.
Out of curiosity, what makes you think that you will be better able to evaluate the scientific evidence than the global community of scientists who study it and have concluded that there is a grave risk in continuing as we are? I often ask contrarians this, and am always interested in their responses.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what makes you think that you will be better able to evaluate the scientific evidence than the global community of scientists who study it and have concluded that there is a grave risk in continuing as we are? I often ask contrarians this, and am always interested in their responses.
I won't..
I am merely skeptical of the word "expert".
I've met and heard many in my lifetime on a whole range of subjects ..:laugh2:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Prunedrops are falling on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothing seems to google
Those prunedrops are falling on my head, they keep falling

Don't mind me, just having a wee sing to myself, carry on.

Latest Threads