The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
...and I am digging the crap outa this here instructional video about one of my favorite players.
Buckethead may be "top 1%" fast, but what makes me love The Masked Marvel's music is the passion and ideas.

https://www.guitarworld.com/lessons/learn-the-guitar-habits-of-buckethead
My son's a Buckethead fan soze I'll share this with him. Kinda out of my league at this point. Played yesterday and the arthritis in my left thumb was severely restricting me. I stunk up the room. :(
Very frustrating. Sometimes I do great, yesterday was not one of those times. Does seem that certain things with me wax and wane with the moon too. :hmm:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Neither. It's jealousy is what that is. My noble visage is admired far and wide and in my yoot I was beatin' off the ladies with a stick. Now my presentation is more dignified and somewhat regal but I dare say the womenz still lust after the Friggster in their minds.

If I only had the energy to back it up. :shock:
Them womerns is crazier'n hell... You is short....shorter'n hell.....

How short is he, y'all might acquire about his shortifiedness?

When it rains he can stand upright under the picnic table...
He can't ride any damn thing at the fair...
At the ring toss, folks think he is part of the game...
Got trapped in the crane claw game at 17...
WalFart gave him a $25 dollar gift card last month for demonstrating why the boat ride at the entrance needed seat belts..
(and for him not suing them for having such a dangerous ride)
They also gave him his own blue vest and hired him to assist folks that need em some help getting stuff off the bottom shelf....
DIsqualified for life from any sanctionated cornhole competition for standing in the hole at finals last year....
After any rain, he has to put on Sponge Bob water wings... There are potholes on his skreet...

Yep. Shorter'n hell....

:cool2:

sliding tom

Reaction score
Hope your better half isn't experiencing any serious illness Tom, and that her medical visit was beneficial. :thumb:
Nothing life threatening there. I think you'd call it "burn-out" plus a general overhaul :laugh2: on some issues like diabetes and her congenital blood condition which I think you know a thing or two about. And it isn't "was" - it should be "will". She'll be staying three weeks at last and they already announced an extension.

sliding tom

Reaction score

WalFart gave him a $25 dollar gift card last month for demonstrating why the boat ride at the entrance needed seat belts..
They also gave him his own blue vest and hired him to assist folks that need em some help getting stuff off the bottom shelf....
DIsqualified for life from any sanctionated cornhole competition for standing in the hole at finals last year....
After any rain, he has to put on Sponge Bob water wings... There are potholes on his skreet...

Yep. Shorter'n hell....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Yep. Shorter'n hell....

Green ain't a good color on you my friend.

Come to think of it, what color is? :hmm:
image.jpeg

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Nothing life threatening there. I think you'd call it "burn-out" plus a general overhaul :laugh2: on some issues like diabetes and her congenital blood condition which I think you know a thing or two about. And it isn't "was" - it should be "will". She'll be staying three weeks at last and they already announced an extension.
Yikes. That's quite a stay. I guess you'll be bachin' it for a while. :shock:

I'd say things will be much improved with her condition after that. :thumb:

You might be a little hard to get along with after that length of time left to your own devices though. :laugh2:

BBD

Reaction score
She'll be staying three weeks at last and they already announced an extension.
That's a long time. I'd hate it if H had to go away for that long. Don't get me wrong - I am 100% house trained (I do most of the effing housework anyway as I am here and she is working) but no doubt you will be fine. Years of touring has presumably made you self-contained and patient... ?

I'm going to have a beer now. Feel free to join me :cheers2:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
My son's a Buckethead fan soze I'll share this with him. Kinda out of my league at this point. Played yesterday and the arthritis in my left thumb was severely restricting me. I stunk up the room. :(
Very frustrating. Sometimes I do great, yesterday was not one of those times. Does seem that certain things with me wax and wane with the moon too. :hmm:
Is this guy Bucketheed? Might be or Todd Huth??? The guitarist with the white dreads.Ted loved the knee action of Mr Claypool... Who wouldn't?

Go too 1:25-ish to miss out the pre goodness waffle. Thela Hun Ginjeet cover of the King Crimson classic by extraordinary musicians giving a nod of the heed to, Extraordinary Musicians. The sax player doing Adrian Belew's solo is the best.(Kentuckistani before Frank reminds me)

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
That's a long time. I'd hate it if H had to go away for that long. Don't get me wrong - I am 100% house trained (I do most of the effing housework anyway as I am here and she is working) but no doubt you will be fine. Years of touring has presumably made you self-contained and patient... ?

I'm going to have a beer now. Feel free to join me :cheers2:
You're making me hanker fer a beer, and not a thing in the house save some Jamaican rum with coconut liqueur one of my daughter's left after a family gathering. :facepalm:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Is this guy Bucketheed? Might be or Todd Huth??? The guitarist with the white dreads.Ted loved the knee action of Mr Claypool... Who wouldn't?

Go too 1:25-ish to miss out the pre goodness waffle. Thela Hun Ginjeet cover of the King Crimson classic by extraordinary musicians giving a nod of the heed to, Extraordinary Musicians. The sax player doing Adrian Belew's solo is the best.(Kentuckistani before Frank reminds me)

Not him. His name is Brian Patrick and he never plays without his mask and bucket. Even Ozzie wouldn't have it. He refused to play without a disguise so he rejected him.

Was always surprised that Ted was so fond of this. He always portrayed himself as the inveterate blues man. But that was a professional persona and in conversations and a manuscript he sent me it was evident he had much broader interests and tastes.

Wish I had saved those photos of him with Branson and Virgin staff at the mansion with all the label artists of the time.

BBD

Reaction score
Not him. His name is Brian Patrick and he never plays without his mask and bucket. Even Ozzie wouldn't have it. He refused to play without a disguise so he rejected him.
Just read that in teh Wiki. Not a valid reason for rejecting imho, but then Ozzy isn't a model for coherent reasoning at the best of times...

BBD

Reaction score
Interesting guitar the man plays. 27" scale length - that's a baritone, I think.

Mind you, he's one of these spider-hand feckers who can span a silly amount of frets from index to pinky... Wish I could do that....

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I agree with him, if you read his reasoning. It's a sign of crippling insecurity or prima donna-ism at worst and might make him difficult to work with. It was a reasonable request from a fellow (more eminent) artist who wants to present his band a certain way. His judgement has served him so far, career-wise anyway. "Just be yourself" was his request. If you can't do that I'd have reservations about working with a person like that too.

The "arteest" crap doesn't fly with me. I've seen too much of it. Sure, I imagine he could deliver and then some. But with a production as large as Ozzy's it could cause headaches.