The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Bullshit Arti.... You've always known where to hit the extra gears....

I found it easier to let faculty think I didn't know about it either...

It got old with the "Just think what you could do if you actually tried....", especially science/math teachers.

My thoughts were 'You really don't want me to do that....'

I know you guys understand the same.....

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
consequences . or repercussions ?

good actions don't always precede good results . or bad ones bad . the intention is not always the deciding factor . and Karma basically comes down to someone that knowingly does something wrong __ to reach a certain goal . usually a selfish one . and then there are the repercussions

to know how one action has an effect on another . then another . and so on . this approaches the territory of The Butterfly Effect . outcome is not always predictable
There are psychological consequences for those with a conscience. And those cause sickness, even manifesting physically. So it's not just "I'll do good things and then good things will happen". If that 's the reasoning then does that make you (not "you") a good person? Or is it that you do good whether there's anything in it for you?

That's why I don't like the carrot and stick aspect of some religious teaching.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
There are psychological consequences for those with a conscience.
agreed . and that's what I said . repercussions for actions that are knowingly worng
And those cause sickness, even manifesting physically
sickness is not always a result of wrongful actions . while I believe that sickness can manifest from __ I also think that this theory supports the idea of " your god is punishing you " . I don't think that I did anything before the age of 7 , for my brain chemistry to go funny

then again . I do know of a girl that I grew up with , that could never say anything nice to anyone . she liked to instigate trouble with her words . as she got older __ it was strange that she developed throat cancer . I didn't get any pleasure from seeing this happen to anyone , but her having that particular ailment develop was weird :hmm:
So it's not just "I'll do good things and then good things will happen".
again I agree . if someone wants to do good , it should be for the sake of doing good

That's why I don't like the carrot and stick aspect of some religious teaching.
I think that we're pretty much on the same page here . the carrot on a stick is a form of control and manipulation . in my opinion .

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think sickness is always a manifestation of wrong doing or at least the conviction that you have, or are suppressing dealing with it. Too many other physiological elements in play. Just that consequences or repercussions manifest in many ways.

A punishing God doesn't make sense to me. That's Bronze Age crap. The concept of the "highest being" being vindictive, punitive, malevolent, whatever...doesn't make sense. The old gods were basically people with superpowers and all the flaws. Seems pretty much the same thing to me.

I admit to being influenced by scifi as far as my concept of a "greater intelligence".

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
any way :cool2:

I just watched that mini documentary that Frank posted above . definitely worth the watch . just the idea that they had to use AI to try to get a grasp on how Leonardo's thought processes worked :laugh2:

one thing to note . many of the Greats had so much time to work on their ideas , because they chose their personal work over relationships . neither Da Vinci nor Tesla had wives

although . Tesla did have a pigeon that he was very enamored by :hmm:

79standard

Reaction score
Some of are different from the norm.... Some waaaaay off the norm.....

Some the wrong waaaaaay off.....unfortunately.....

Some of us found the extra gearbox early on...Some didn't till later..... Some never......

We all have walked in different shoes..... That realization helps understand others....
A great post, one of several I've seen here today, along with Frank's psychedelic tornado revelation and too many others for me to list without forgetting something obvious.

Can I use "found the extra gearbox"?
It's such a useful analogy!
So many of us get stuck in Lo Range.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Yeah, Frank has seen some horrible sh*t -- he still manages to be a buddy, both in spite of and because of the horrors he's seen.
:thumb:
Aye true. A lifetime of looking in the bathroom mirror of a morning, will make even the strongest of us crumble & blub like a right big nancy boy... Eventually.

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
Aye true. A lifetime of looking in the bathroom mirror of a morning, will make even the strongest of us crumble & blub like a right big nancy boy... Eventually.
EDIT: I had to reread your post and realized it wasn't a pisstake, but a philosophical thing instead.
...or maybe it was a pisstake after all. :dunno:
It's "oh dark thirty" here.and I am too tired to know much.
Serves me right for internetting before coffee.

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
EDIT: I had to reread your post and realized it wasn't a pisstake, but a philosophical thing instead.
...or maybe it was a pisstake after all. :dunno:
It's "oh dark thirty" here.and I am too tired to know much.
Serves me right for internetting before coffee.
Pisstake ya dafty. Old, saying the unsayble to Frank (the legend) & him to me (the legends, Legend!!) without any smilies because we knew we were having a laugh... I thought you got that? Fuck sake Tim, whit yi like?... Ya big mad daft hairy plumb. :laugh2: :hyper::laugh2: Get a grip. :yesway: :love:

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
...and I am digging the crap outa this here instructional video about one of my favorite players.
Buckethead may be "top 1%" fast, but what makes me love The Masked Marvel's music is the passion and ideas.
You can laugh, but although I am aware of this chap I've never listened to him, ever. So I will give the vid a look later this evening, when it is time for such things :naughty: