The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
you know by now , that I'm always willing to send the Best of Energy in your direction . hoping that all works out for your Brother in Cali
Many thanks, Christopher.
I've never lost a sibling before, and I am in no hurry to experience that flavor of Sad.

I tell myself I'm ready for anything, but how could I possibly know that?
It's OK -- telling myself I'm ready is a good and useful variation on the idea of "fake it till you make it."

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
none of us can know if we're ready for anything . especially loss

but you have to remember to not let the mystery of it all , weaken you in any way . the only preparation that you can make , is to keep yourself strong / in a Positive frame of mind . it's the only thing that's within your control . and a strong Tim will handle any situation better than a weak one

sliding tom

Reaction score
I hate sounding like the proverbial skipping CD, but if any of you can spare a good thought for the healing of this most excellent, funny, brave man, I'd be very grateful..
You have mine as always, Tim....

Morning all, morning Tom.

It's my friend Colin's funeral today, in just over 7 hours. Going to be a sad day.
Good Morning Schid and folkses! :wave:

Stay strong, my friend...

BBD

Reaction score
They have a special regimen of treatment ready for him, and it might save his life, but they are not sure he is strong enough to undergo it.
Is there really an ethically valid choice at this point? Can he tell the doctors that he wants to proceed? If he wishes to then it should be done.

It's my friend Colin's funeral today, in just over 7 hours. Going to be a sad day.
Sid, this time last year I was at my old mate Nick's funeral. Fuck knows how I got through that except by holding on to the fact that he would not have appreciated me howling and greeting over the box. That and his sisters were in grief like I have never seen and I needed to stand there for them too. I'm crying now though for fucks sake.

Do your gbest.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings / afternoons

was reading back on a post __ and thought I might be missing something
I've been doing people's heads in all week getting them to learn and remember all the related primary chords in all twelve keys
understood
then playing say a 1-6-4-5 chord sequence five ways
understood
using the CAGED system...:laugh2:

how do you mean . " using the CAGED system " ?

using it as a reference to follow up on the fretboard ( ? )

sliding tom

Reaction score
g mornings / afternoons

was reading back on a post __ and thought I might be missing something

understood

understood

how do you mean . " using the CAGED system " ?

using it as a reference to follow up on the fretboard ( ? )
I guess he means using all the basic chord shapes that are based on the chords C A G E D.
I often do something similar: when a student has learned a progression with a set of chord shapes they have to learn that progression using different shapes.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Many thanks, Christopher.
I've never lost a sibling before, and I am in no hurry to experience that flavor of Sad.

It's OK -- telling myself I'm ready is a good and useful variation on the idea of "fake it till you make it."
Morning all, morning Tom.

18 years ago I lost three siblings in the space of 18 months..in which time I also survived a widow maker that left 40 % of my heart dead scar tissue. I was spiritually devastated for several years after. In the course of those years my spouse lost 100% of her hearing for a decade. But I'm still here with a sense of humor, albeit a rather twisted one. :naughty:

Lost my mom at four and my pop at seven. The pain of loss 40 years later was exactly the same. It always is. There's a chasm in your chest that opens up. You can feel it. And yes people do die of a broken heart.

There's no words can make it better. You can look for a philosophy, or cling to a religion that explains it. It's all a coping mechanism. There's no way someone can put a good spin on it.

Someone once said that "Growing old is a ceremony of loss".

Can't remember who. In the mean time you can look for things that give you joy. There are some even in the face of that reality. Family and friends of course, but I find nature is the most effective healer. Things kind of come into perspective...even if only a vague sense of eternity and your relative place within it.

I'm not an atheist, nor do I identify as an agnostic...although I do agree that we cannot know. It's an undeniable fact that there are things much bigger than us, and not just in size. Having a conviction...of "something" in order to cope is after all what art, music, literature, drama and philosophy is all about, as far as "being human". If you're wrong, and you die...what difference does it make? Man (or woman) does not live by bread alone.

Even animals grieve. And move on.

But I of course wish you and yours well...Tim and Fards...and my pagan supplications on your behalf will ascend to the stars. And my hope is there's someone or something there to hear them.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Human beings can be the basest of creatures or fantastical beasties. The potential (in either direction) is staggering. This project uses AI to try and decipher the thought processes of one of our most gifted. Shockingly gifted in fact.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Human beings can be the basest of creatures or fantastical beasties. The potential (in either direction) is staggering. This project uses AI to try and decipher the thought processes of one of our most gifted. Shockingly gifted in fact.

He, Mozart, and Tesla were about the smartest ever born.... Beyond measure...

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score

just watched the first 5 minutes of that . looks very interesting __ and I'll watch the rest of it later tonight . Thanks for that link :thumb:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I guess he means using all the basic chord shapes that are based on the chords C A G E D.
I often do something similar: when a student has learned a progression with a set of chord shapes they have to learn that progression using different shapes.
looked up " CAGED chord progressions " on YouTube . understand now . is very useful to understand how everything connects , using as many as methods there are available

79standard

Reaction score
18 years ago I lost three siblings in the space of 18 months..in which time I also survived a widow maker that left 40 % of my heart dead scar tissue. I was spiritually devastated for several years after. In the course of those years my spouse lost 100% of her hearing for a decade. But I'm still here with a sense of humor, albeit a rather twisted one. :naughty:

Lost my mom at four and my pop at seven. The pain of loss 40 years later was exactly the same. It always is. There's a chasm in your chest that opens up. You can feel it. And yes people do die of a broken heart.

There's no words can make it better. You can look for a philosophy, or cling to a religion that explains it. It's all a coping mechanism. There's no way someone can put a good spin on it.

Someone once said that "Growing old is a ceremony of loss".

Can't remember who. In the mean time you can look for things that give you joy. There are some even in the face of that reality. Family and friends of course, but I find nature is the most effective healer. Things kind of come into perspective...even if only a vague sense of eternity and your relative place within it.

I'm not an atheist, nor do I identify as an agnostic...although I do agree that we cannot know. It's an undeniable fact that there are things much bigger than us, and not just in size. Having a conviction...of "something" in order to cope is after all what art, music, literature, drama and philosophy is all about, as far as "being human". If you're wrong, and you die...what difference does it make? Man (or woman) does not live by bread alone.

Even animals grieve. And move on.

But I of course wish you and yours well...Tim and Fards...and my pagan supplications on your behalf will ascend to the stars. And my hope is there's someone or something there to hear them.
Blessed be, Frank!
Thank you.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
wow . just wow . that sounds like a really tough stretch there . some people experience less __ and don't make it through
that's the scary thing . emotional stress can definitely weaken the cardiovascular system ( along with others ) . and even take a person down . sometimes it's difficult for people to find the right ways to cope

on the flip side of that , is how powerful Positive Energy can be . I've been following some of the teachings of Wim Hof for the last several months . while his breathing techniques are " re-packaged " Pranayama methods __ he certainly has some interesting takes on cold therapy

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
wow . just wow . that sounds like a really tough stretch there . that's the scary thing . emotional stress can definitely weaken the cardiovascular system ( along with others ) . and even take a person down . sometimes it's difficult for people to find the right ways to cope

on the flip side of that , is how powerful Positive Energy can be . I've been following some of the teachings of Wim Hof for the last several months . while his breathing techniques are " re-packaged " Pranayama methods __ he certainly has some interesting takes on cold therapy
"The mind is the builder" That's a quote from The Sleeping Prophet Edgar Cayce, of Kentucky. Psychic or not...it's the plain truth.

Sadly it can also be the destroyer.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
just watched the first 5 minutes of that . looks very interesting __ and I'll watch the rest of it later tonight . Thanks for that link :thumb:
He intuitited the nature of blood flow INSIDE of a coronary artery...something he couldn't see inside..that's just stunning. Especially with his sketch shown side by side with a computer model. It's identical. His aerial view of Venice...something he could only see in his mind's eye and calculate...also amazing.

Our brains are super complex modelers. We use our cognitive imagination to coordinate data...fill in the blanks and accomplish all sorts of things. Those lacking in imagination also lack empathy. They're unable to project themselves into other peoples' situation...or walk in their shoes. It's sad and a large swath of our nation suffers from it, and it manifests as cruelty and callousness.

I made it my mission to ignite that spark in students. Aristotle said that education isn't the filling of a vessel but the kindling of a flame.

Last edited: