The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Sleet and freezing rain to top a light dusting of snow. Southwind is prevailing so will all turn to cold rain before it turns back to snow after dark.

Think this strange in a good way. Middle aged Japanese guys rocking like the mean it.

And something from the Sami simply cause had not finished this post when it came on.
Find her voice intoxicating.

Was talking to Em last night; discovered she is as into Mongol Metal as I.

Just goes to show that those of that look at the world through something other than nationalist blinders will find wonder and common ground.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Just goes to show that those of that look at the world through something other than nationalist blinders will find wonder and common ground.
Music is the Universal language

not sure if you've heard of ONUKA . but It thought of you last month , when this one was released . forgot to post __ but I thought you might appreciate

cmh6122

Reaction score
Music is the Universal language

not sure if you've heard of ONUKA . but It thought of you last month , when this one was released . forgot to post __ but I thought you might appreciate

Very cool. Amazing that stuff I would largely dismiss in English takes on such a mesmerizing quality when presented in a language I do not even recognize.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Amazing that stuff I would largely dismiss in English takes on such a mesmerizing quality when presented in a language I do not even recognize.
so true . sometimes I like the song better when I don't know ( or understand ) the lyrical content . I don't always want a story or a meaning

but sometimes it's just interesting to hear what the human voice can do

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
To all the freaks in this thread that dig the far out sounds from lands yonder, you will be most pleased with the musical offerings being put out by this label: Guruguru Brain.

https://gurugurubrain.bandcamp.com/

Free streaming on Bandcamp.
Best Asian underground!!

Thanks for the suggestion . I already listen to Scattered Purgatory on occasion , when I need background noise to concentrate . I'll check some of those other bands out

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Evening earthlings...:wave:
I've been doing people's heads in all week getting them to learn and remember all the related primary chords in all twelve keys then playing say a 1-6-4-5 chord sequence five ways using the CAGED system...:laugh2:
Just waiting for Anastasia to get her DNA results back as Matthew bought her the kit for Christmas.
This should prove interesting as her mother's side are from Armenia and Georgia in the Caucasus mountains and her father's side from over in the Urals.
Wow little Sebastian and Leia will certainly have a good old mix of cultures in their history.
In the meantime I'll leave you with a little number we've had specially choreographed for Frank and Sid to join Fezz in around his kitchen table..

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score

79standard

Reaction score
Hi gang!

I am trying to enjoy what's good in life while processing the fact that my West Coast brother Dave has slipped below 130 pounds.
A little over a year ago he was over 200.

They have a special regimen of treatment ready for him, and it might save his life, but they are not sure he is strong enough to undergo it.

This kind of Catch 22 drives me apeshit.

I booked my oh-so-expensive flights to CA for that Wonder Valley festival I was invited to play in a couple months, spending a ton of money that I don't really have because I have to do this...
...all the while knowing full well that I may have to book yet another round trip to California for another, much less joyful reason.

With this much blackness in my life, finding joy is an act of revolutionary defiance.
I am up to the task.

But I will continue praying and doing "the work."
I hate sounding like the proverbial skipping CD, but if any of you can spare a good thought for the healing of this most excellent, funny, brave man, I'd be very grateful.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
But I will continue praying and doing "the work."
I hate sounding like the proverbial skipping CD, but if any of you can spare a good thought for the healing of this most excellent, funny, brave man, I'd be very grateful.

you know by now , that I'm always willing to send the Best of Energy in your direction . hoping that all works out for your Brother in Cali

79standard

Reaction score
you know by now , that I'm always willing to send the Best of Energy in your direction . hoping that all works out for your Brother in Cali
Many thanks, Christopher.
I've never lost a sibling before, and I am in no hurry to experience that flavor of Sad.

I tell myself I'm ready for anything, but how could I possibly know that?
It's OK -- telling myself I'm ready is a good and useful variation on the idea of "fake it till you make it."

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I tell myself I'm ready for anything, but how could I possibly know that?
none of us can know if we're ready for anything . especially loss

but you have to remember to not let the mystery of it all , weaken you in any way . the only preparation that you can make , is to keep yourself strong / in a Positive frame of mind . it's the only thing that's within your control . and a strong Tim will handle any situation better than a weak one

sliding tom

Reaction score
I hate sounding like the proverbial skipping CD, but if any of you can spare a good thought for the healing of this most excellent, funny, brave man, I'd be very grateful..
You have mine as always, Tim....

Morning all, morning Tom.

It's my friend Colin's funeral today, in just over 7 hours. Going to be a sad day.
Good Morning Schid and folkses! :wave:

Stay strong, my friend...

BBD

Reaction score
They have a special regimen of treatment ready for him, and it might save his life, but they are not sure he is strong enough to undergo it.
Is there really an ethically valid choice at this point? Can he tell the doctors that he wants to proceed? If he wishes to then it should be done.

It's my friend Colin's funeral today, in just over 7 hours. Going to be a sad day.
Sid, this time last year I was at my old mate Nick's funeral. Fuck knows how I got through that except by holding on to the fact that he would not have appreciated me howling and greeting over the box. That and his sisters were in grief like I have never seen and I needed to stand there for them too. I'm crying now though for fucks sake.

Do your gbest.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings / afternoons

was reading back on a post __ and thought I might be missing something
I've been doing people's heads in all week getting them to learn and remember all the related primary chords in all twelve keys
understood
then playing say a 1-6-4-5 chord sequence five ways
understood
using the CAGED system...:laugh2:

how do you mean . " using the CAGED system " ?

using it as a reference to follow up on the fretboard ( ? )

sliding tom

Reaction score
g mornings / afternoons

was reading back on a post __ and thought I might be missing something

understood

understood

how do you mean . " using the CAGED system " ?

using it as a reference to follow up on the fretboard ( ? )
I guess he means using all the basic chord shapes that are based on the chords C A G E D.
I often do something similar: when a student has learned a progression with a set of chord shapes they have to learn that progression using different shapes.