The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
One more question, if I may?
My used HP PC has a D drive that is almost totally full with the previous owner's crap and whatnot, but resists my attempts to empty it.

Someone told me this is a task that should only be performed by an experienced tech, which I manifestly am not.

I would be grateful for any and all thoughts, and I would get a chuckle from the odd "oh, fuck off!"
:rofl:

79standard

Reaction score
As far as cleaning a drive, without it being in front of me, no clue what is on it, etc...
That makes perfect sense, bud.
You're the kind of Really Smart Fellow I'd need to take it to.
Neither one of us knows what's in that Digital Bilge of Mystery.

If you had it in your hands, I'm sure you could fix it, but if we actually got to meet, I would rather it be over BBQ, beer, and guitarchitecture.
That'd be funner'n hell, Rusty!
:thumb:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
That makes perfect sense, bud.
You're the kind of fellow I'd need to take it to.
Neither one of us knows what's in that Digital Bilge of Mystery.

If you had it in your hands, I'm sure you could fix it, but if we actually got to meet, I would rather it be over BBQ, beer, and guitarchitecture.
That'd be funner'n hell, Rusty!
:thumb:

Yeah yeah Damn right, Rusty!

Some buds drove upstate to see Unknown Hinson... I told them he was crazy as hell and could play the frets off a guitar... They found out.... ;)

And I LOVE his Early Cuyler character on Squidbillies...

79standard

Reaction score

Some buds drove upstate to see Unknown Hinson... I told them he was crazy as hell and could play the frets off a guitar... They found out.... ;)

I've only ever seen his abortive episode with the late great Ed King. "Get yer hippie ass off my stage!"

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Yessir. His Voodoo Child is as good as, if not better in some ways than Stevie's.

Funny as hell too. He does a great sendup of Sir Paul.

79standard

Reaction score
Or email support and spell it out to them..... They won't care....
That oughta work! Thank you, Ed!

Right now I am waiting for the manager of the facility -- while watching late TV, I heard a drip overhead and noticed Mom's bathroom was taking on water. Looks like someone upstairs has a leak.

Now, instead of calling it a night, I've gotta stay up and make sure everything gets sorted before I wake up Mom around 530 for her oh-dark-thirty porcelain chore... cripes, that's only 2 hours from now!

Last edited:

sliding tom

Reaction score
That oughta work! Thank you, Ed!

Right now I am waiting for the manager of the facility -- while watching late TV, I heard a drip overhead and noticed Mom's bathroom was taking on water. Looks like someone upstairs has a leak.

Now, instead of calling it a night, I've gotta stay up and make sure everything gets sorted before I wake up Mom around 530 for her oh-dark-thirty porcelain chore... cripes, that's only 2 hours from now!
Albert King's line "If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all" seems to fit you to a T....:wtf:

Sorry to hear, Tim.

Good Morning folkses! :wave:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
One more question, if I may?
My used HP PC has a D drive that is almost totally full with the previous owner's crap and whatnot, but resists my attempts to empty it.

Someone told me this is a task that should only be performed by an experienced tech, which I manifestly am not.

I would be grateful for any and all thoughts, and I would get a chuckle from the odd "oh, fuck off!"

if you're getting a message , like " you do not have permissions to . . . "

then it's most likely an ownership issue . there are plenty of take ownership tutorials online , depending on what version of Windows you have . that's one of the more common issues , though it could also be a number of things

so . good . luck

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
so I was up at 5am today . because I fell asleep by 9pm watching a documentary ( The Edge Of Democracy on Netflix )

for whatever reason , I can never sleep more that 8 hours . that's my limit . sometimes I get as little as 4 hours of sleep , which isn't healthy . they say when people get older , they require less

some people can do 10 hours . for me that would be an indicator of something serious , like the flu . does anyone else here have an absolute on the number of hours they can sleep __ before their body just say " GET UP " ?

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Another gray, foggy day but once again temps be decent although the WFs saying Northwind be bringing us a gift from the Arctic in a couple days.

My sleep pattern changed while I was in Germany. Unless I am sick I rarely sleep longer than 4 hours at a crack. On good nights I can get back to sleep for a couple more.

When it comes to weaponized guitars my Artisan would be my choice. It pushes 13lbs and even were my adversary able to put his arms over his noggin they would not keep me from scrambling his gray matter.
My Artisan has a three-piece maple neck with volute so have no doubt bout its survival.

Dog babies be whining to go to the Bark Park.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
@Tim. I have Ableton Lite but think I got it by purchase of a USB keyboard. Not a fan. It does a lot, true. But the interface is inelegant and makes the learning curve a little steep. I'm too old now to stay up til 4am fiddle-fucking with software before even recording something. For Apple OS I like Cubasis 2, GarageBand and Auria. However you do have to purchase them. On a Mac they could be pricey. iPad apps are relatively cheap and I try to get them on sale. Which is why I use three IPads!

On the PC I use an old DAW called Orion, Mutron and sundry other aps. Mutron has a free version that allows recording four tracks. Had some trouble getting my USB interface to work with it though. But some very good synths (a Dream Piano that ROCKS) and drums.

And I've gotten good VSTs and things on this site (below) over the years. I found Orion there and purchased the full version and used it for almost 2 decades. Sadly no longer supported and I missed the last major upgrade before they dropped it. GAH!

For instance, you can find Protools free there and other DAWs. Kind of like sifting through sand to find the stuff you like but you're not out any coin, at least.

Last edited: