The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

BBD

Reaction score
Another of Henry's tunes we recorded in Kevin's basement in 2008. Guitar is the left-hand one from my avatar through Kevin's Fender Pro-Sonic.
:applause:

It's great that the archives are open, but why only now? But never mind the quibbling (or bollocks) - keep 'em coming :)

And - a personal favour - you could post The Havens again? I wanted to play it to Heidi, but of course I could never find it in the thread again...

choice guitar for a bar brawl
Isn't that what Keef used to say - if attacked by a fan on stage, he'd deck them - with his Tele?

79standard

Reaction score
G'day all.

Foggy and cool here, but considering the date a pretty good day.

Another of Henry's tunes we recorded in Kevin's basement in 2008. Guitar is the left-hand one from my avatar through Kevin's Fender Pro-Sonic.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2Fharvey-blue-fly
And since this be tele-tuesday here is one from about 1988 in Steve's basement. Mike is doing the solo on a tele. Don't know what he is playing through. I am playing my Artisan through an original tweed deluxe. Except for the lead is a live take. A friend Pat Recob played bass, and a friend Bernie Heaney played pinnaner.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2F01-beautiful-night
To think that Mike, Steve and I started playing together in 86. That band lasted till 90. Steve, Henry and I stated playing together about 93, and Mike came back on board in 97. We lost Steve in 2011 to cancer but still gather near every Thursday.
Lots of history in our clown car.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.
Two more well-written, well-played, well-sung tunes from Charlieworld!
:thumb:

...and I'm sorry about Steve.

Last edited:

cmh6122

Reaction score
:applause:

It's great that the archives are open, but why only now? But never mind the quibbling (or bollocks) - keep 'em coming :)

And - a personal favour - you could post The Havens again? I wanted to play it to Heidi, but of course I could never find it in the thread again...

Isn't that what Keef used to say - if attacked by a fan on stage, he'd deck them - with his Tele?
They are on soundcloud, and until Sid posted from there did not realize we could do it.

Here is the vid I made to share the tune with the k nights.
And cause I am not sure if I shared this; https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2F01-track-1 here is demo of it I recorded on my Boss BR-1180

79standard

Reaction score
I have a question for the synthesists among us:
A year or so ago, a good friend got me a Novation Launchkey 49 keyboard because he thought it would be good for my musical development.

It came with instructions to download the included "Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station and
V Station virtual instruments and 4GB of Loopmasters samples along with one of four VSTs from XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys."

At the time, all I had was a droid tablet and a Linux PC, and Ableton never bothered to write code for either of those OSs, so my attempts to make sounds with this excellent controller were futile.

Now I have a good used MacBook Air and a decent HP PC running Win 10, but I lost the paperwork for the free download.

Do you cats have any ideas?

I don't believe in saying "thanks in advance," in case someone may think I'm being presumptuous, so instead I will just say
Thanks for even reading this.

79standard

Reaction score
One more question, if I may?
My used HP PC has a D drive that is almost totally full with the previous owner's crap and whatnot, but resists my attempts to empty it.

Someone told me this is a task that should only be performed by an experienced tech, which I manifestly am not.

I would be grateful for any and all thoughts, and I would get a chuckle from the odd "oh, fuck off!"
:rofl:

79standard

Reaction score
As far as cleaning a drive, without it being in front of me, no clue what is on it, etc...
That makes perfect sense, bud.
You're the kind of Really Smart Fellow I'd need to take it to.
Neither one of us knows what's in that Digital Bilge of Mystery.

If you had it in your hands, I'm sure you could fix it, but if we actually got to meet, I would rather it be over BBQ, beer, and guitarchitecture.
That'd be funner'n hell, Rusty!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
That makes perfect sense, bud.
You're the kind of fellow I'd need to take it to.
Neither one of us knows what's in that Digital Bilge of Mystery.

If you had it in your hands, I'm sure you could fix it, but if we actually got to meet, I would rather it be over BBQ, beer, and guitarchitecture.
That'd be funner'n hell, Rusty!

Yeah yeah Damn right, Rusty!

Some buds drove upstate to see Unknown Hinson... I told them he was crazy as hell and could play the frets off a guitar... They found out.... ;)

And I LOVE his Early Cuyler character on Squidbillies...

79standard

Reaction score

Some buds drove upstate to see Unknown Hinson... I told them he was crazy as hell and could play the frets off a guitar... They found out.... ;)

I've only ever seen his abortive episode with the late great Ed King. "Get yer hippie ass off my stage!"
:rofl:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Yessir. His Voodoo Child is as good as, if not better in some ways than Stevie's.

Funny as hell too. He does a great sendup of Sir Paul.