The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Democracy is mob rule....
Someone smarter than me once said "democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner."

Just remember the guy who leaves his blinker on for 30 miles, or the guy who tailgates your ass for a dozen exits even though you're in the right lane (a.k.a. the Slow Lane).
Yep, their votes count just as much as ours.
No, it doesn't seem right to me at all, but damned if i can think of a better idea.
:dunno:

79standard

Reaction score
Aye, get that feeling alot. Now & again sheer bloodymindedness & shaking the fist at the Universe sometimes works, but will always leave you feeling like a right twallock... "Uh, that was easy, feel a bit of a knob for going mental now" :rofl:
Words to live by, buddy.
For every time where rage has gotten me out of a problem, there are 99 more times where it *created* the damned problem. :laugh2:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Hi gang!
News from the front:
At Mom's request I put her to bed at 9:00.
I then started doing "the work" on my brother Dave, who needs some big Western Medicine Intervention tonight (3 hours behind me on the Left Coast).

By 10:30 I was in the middle of a string of Our Fathers and Hail Marys* when Mom started shouting from her bedroom "when am I getting my hair done?!? hello?!? anyone there?!?" i assured her she had her hair done beatifully this afternoon, 8 hrs ago, and it was OK for her to go back to sleep.

I went back to work on my brother and 10 minutes later had to do the "yes, you had your hair done today, you look great, all is well, it's 10:45 p.m., why don't you get some sleep?" thing.
So far, so good.

If'n any of you can join me, please do, even if it's just knocking on wood or crossing your fingers.
If he makes it through tonight and the next 48, he has a fighting chance of surviving another few years.

Thanks for letting me blather, my friends.
Fuckin' hell Tim. Wish I was there with yi right now. Yi need some respite mate, you do. This is not good for any of you. Can't do a damn thing to help, so far away. No fair mate, no fair.

BBD

Reaction score
so far the economy hasn't collapsed around our ears as predicted by "the experts"'. In fact since the referendum Britain's economy has outpaced Germany.
Only if you twist the figures as the Torygraph did to produce another Brexshit lie.

In fact the UK has underperformed the US and the EU since the referendum - significantly so.

GDP's dying a slow death too:

The experts were correct. And we haven't even fucking left yet.

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
If'n any of you can join me, please do, even if it's just knocking on wood or crossing your fingers.
If he makes it through tonight and the next 48, he has a fighting chance of surviving another few years.
Jeez Tim I didn't realise things had come to this. FWIW, wood knocked, fingers crossed. I can't pray as godless commie atheist scum, obvz, but you have to work with what you can get. I hope he makes it through.

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Everything got well coated with ice last night. Thankfully not enough to bring down limbs and power lines.
Snowing now and Northwind is giving the flakes quite the ride.

Dog babies went out before sunup and though they look wistfully out the window seem pretty content with indoor recess.

Tim, know that I pray to all the gods/esses and your and yours and all of us ever be part of my hopes.
Dom, prayer be good for digestion. If you can't do gods then consider the That Which Is. Not a god, just my way of trying to understand what ties us all together and more importantly why so many would sever those ties.

Thanks again. Here is another from Harvey written by Henry. The image is a pic I took shortly after I kissed the Blarney Stone in October 08. Don't know what is the more amazing looking back- the bumper sticker (not surprised who got top billing) or that nicely engineered towing hitch on a Toyota Corolla.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2Fharvey-bombs-away
Hope Ma smiles on us all.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

okay . elbows in .

View attachment 432260

and the shower is right behoind me . let me know if you want any more pics :thumb:
Wow! Very Kung Fu... Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that dissuader. :eek2:. Them eyes are straight to the point... "Elbows? I'll give yi elbows!, C'mere you"

:thumbs::applause:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
I think sometime between power down at the gig lst night and waking up, I must have encountered a train...the hard way....

Amazing how slinging cabs and such that didn't bother you much before,has gotten to the point you wake up, tell your body to stand up straight, and it says "You're joking, right?"

Good thing it is a two nighter so in & out are different nights... Love it but age catches up.... and I think I got lapped a couple of times in the race....

Wouldn't trade it for the world though..... :)

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
G'day all.

Everything got well coated with ice last night. Thankfully not enough to bring down limbs and power lines.
Snowing now and Northwind is giving the flakes quite the ride.

Dog babies went out before sunup and though they look wistfully out the window seem pretty content with indoor recess.

Tim, know that I pray to all the gods/esses and your and yours and all of us ever be part of my hopes.
Dom, prayer be good for digestion. If you can't do gods then consider the That Which Is. Not a god, just my way of trying to understand what ties us all together and more importantly why so many would sever those ties.

Thanks again. Here is another from Harvey written by Henry. The image is a pic I took shortly after I kissed the Blarney Stone in October 08. Don't know what is the more amazing looking back- the bumper sticker (not surprised who got top billing) or that nicely engineered towing hitch on a Toyota Corolla.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2Fharvey-bombs-away
Hope Ma smiles on us all.
Now for some reason that one did play. Excellent playing and singing all around Charlie. :applause:

You are one talented mofo. :thumb: I'll try to get the other one to play again.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I think sometime between power down at the gig lst night and waking up, I must have encountered a train...the hard way....

Amazing how slinging cabs and such that didn't bother you much before,has gotten to the point you wake up, tell your body to stand up straight, and it says "You're joking, right?"

Good thing it is a two nighter so in & out are different nights... Love it but age catches up.... and I think I got lapped a couple of times in the race....

Wouldn't trade it for the world though..... :)
Why they got old geezers like you doing the heavy lifting? Ain't they got no young pack mules fer that sorta thing? :(