The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
So I guess y'all are okay with the coastals in CA and the bigs in NY calling the shots for the rest of the country....

That's why the Electoral College works... Vast of the country would NEVER have a voice....

Agree, disagree, rat's ass, whatever.... Just is....
Speaking as Johnny foreigner the Pie... I love yi Ed in a healthy male hetro way, though you can turn a guys head around, has to be said.

Was about to say something there before Edro gave me the horn.

Oh aye. I'm very guilty of mouthing off my shite politics & gettin the hump of late. There is better places for it & this is a better place without it. I'm not gonna do it here no more. Promise. :yesway:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
They all say that...Unless their party happens to win of course. There's always a song in there somewhere.. ..:laugh2:

It's a matter of numbers. Do you know anything at all about the Electoral Vote here?:shock:

It's an 19th century holdover from a slave economy. That's human trafficking in more unsavory, but accurate, terms. Take a gander at the map I posted and get back to me. If you think that's equitable representation then I'm not sure about your understanding of statistics. :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I didn't believe the populist lies, Phil :dunno:
If you want to talk lies Dom just take a look at the party you voted for and you'll soon understand one of the reasons why they were totally annihilated..
All politicians and political parties lie.. That's the name of the game. It's just a case of naming your poison...And anyone who doesn't believe that should go around with "naive " stamped on their forehead..:laugh2:
The point is Dom that public who voted leave did understand exactly what Boris Johnson was saying and they did understand exactly what Corbyn and Swinson were saying. It's only the likes of people like yourself who can't seem to see this, accept the results and constantly scream that everyone's a thicko who needs educating by people like yourself who of course have all the answers....
And that Dom like I said before is exactly where you make your fatal mistake.
Let it go..Move on and if you seek an alternative then back a party who does "speak to the people" , because "the people" aren't quite as stupid as you think.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
It's a matter of numbers. Do you know anything at all about the Electoral Vote here?:shock:

It's an 19th century holdover from a slave economy. That's human trafficking in more unsavory, but accurate, terms. Take a gander at the map I posted and get back to me. If you think that's equitable representation then I'm not sure about your understanding of statistics. :laugh2:
And also take a look at how many EU countries vote while we are about it...:laugh2:
Our referendum happened to be proportional representation...So why didn't remain accept that?
The truth is that it wouldn't matter how the voting system in this country worked , certain remainers just can't accept the results and would do anything to revoke it..
So how fair is that?

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Anyway..Brexit, Schmexit...
It's an getting far too boring now and time to move on...We are leaving and that's that...

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it."

Steady lads, steady....:laugh2:

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I said nothing about Brexit pro or con. I don't think ever. As an American I don't think it's my place to do so. I've tried to moderate the two poles maybe.

All I said was, that 72% was an admirable turnout compared to my fellow countrymen. My aside was, that the manner in which even those abysmal numbers are counted (as in valued) is, in my opinion..um..."skewed" in an archaic way. Population density (or the lack thereof) shouldn't be a determiner of my (or anyone else's) vote's worth. It's nuts.

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Bass sounds. Starts with a bright punchy P Bass slappy sound then goes straight into a Jazz bass with fud wound string pick thingy. Guess you'll know what one I prefer. :laugh2:

The 2nd bass sound was the only one I could get while playing gigs in the 80s. Diddnen't matter if I had new strings or auld mocket black things with potatoes growing under them. Marshall & Peavey just had one setting... Dull, decongested muffled shite. Trace Elliot.....SHITER, "but there very expensive"....SHITE.

Only amp that delivered was a HH VS Bassman... Transistor jobbie. It was a natural growler with a punch like Bruce Lee. Man I miss that.