The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

okay . elbows in .

View attachment 432260

and the shower is right behoind me . let me know if you want any more pics :thumb:
Wow! Very Kung Fu... Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that dissuader. :eek2:. Them eyes are straight to the point... "Elbows? I'll give yi elbows!, C'mere you"

:thumbs::applause:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think sometime between power down at the gig lst night and waking up, I must have encountered a train...the hard way....

Amazing how slinging cabs and such that didn't bother you much before,has gotten to the point you wake up, tell your body to stand up straight, and it says "You're joking, right?"

Good thing it is a two nighter so in & out are different nights... Love it but age catches up.... and I think I got lapped a couple of times in the race....

Wouldn't trade it for the world though..... :)

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
G'day all.

Everything got well coated with ice last night. Thankfully not enough to bring down limbs and power lines.
Snowing now and Northwind is giving the flakes quite the ride.

Dog babies went out before sunup and though they look wistfully out the window seem pretty content with indoor recess.

Tim, know that I pray to all the gods/esses and your and yours and all of us ever be part of my hopes.
Dom, prayer be good for digestion. If you can't do gods then consider the That Which Is. Not a god, just my way of trying to understand what ties us all together and more importantly why so many would sever those ties.

Thanks again. Here is another from Harvey written by Henry. The image is a pic I took shortly after I kissed the Blarney Stone in October 08. Don't know what is the more amazing looking back- the bumper sticker (not surprised who got top billing) or that nicely engineered towing hitch on a Toyota Corolla.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2Fharvey-bombs-away
Hope Ma smiles on us all.
Now for some reason that one did play. Excellent playing and singing all around Charlie. :applause:

You are one talented mofo. :thumb: I'll try to get the other one to play again.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I think sometime between power down at the gig lst night and waking up, I must have encountered a train...the hard way....

Amazing how slinging cabs and such that didn't bother you much before,has gotten to the point you wake up, tell your body to stand up straight, and it says "You're joking, right?"

Good thing it is a two nighter so in & out are different nights... Love it but age catches up.... and I think I got lapped a couple of times in the race....

Why they got old geezers like you doing the heavy lifting? Ain't they got no young pack mules fer that sorta thing? :(

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
G'day all.

Everything got well coated with ice last night. Thankfully not enough to bring down limbs and power lines.
Snowing now and Northwind is giving the flakes quite the ride.

Dog babies went out before sunup and though they look wistfully out the window seem pretty content with indoor recess.

Tim, know that I pray to all the gods/esses and your and yours and all of us ever be part of my hopes.
Dom, prayer be good for digestion. If you can't do gods then consider the That Which Is. Not a god, just my way of trying to understand what ties us all together and more importantly why so many would sever those ties.

Thanks again. Here is another from Harvey written by Henry. The image is a pic I took shortly after I kissed the Blarney Stone in October 08. Don't know what is the more amazing looking back- the bumper sticker (not surprised who got top billing) or that nicely engineered towing hitch on a Toyota Corolla.
https://soundcloud.com/cmh6122%2Fharvey-bombs-away
Hope Ma smiles on us all.
Really do have a great singing voice Charlie. Glad yi don't waste it on glib nothing to say love songs. :applause:

Is that all yer own guitar work? Some tricky picking going down there. Superb.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score

so I'm guessing that's a no . for trading off sets on the leg press machine with me ?

I'm seriously afraid of my body getting older . so many people it seems , are incapacitated in their later years . and then there are the 80 year olds __ zipping through the sidewalks faster than some of the over-sized millenials . I want to be one of them

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why they got old geezers like you doing the heavy lifting? Ain't they got no young pack mules fer that sorta thing? :(

Well, I have a habit of showing up early and If I am the only one there at the time, I'll roll up my sleeves and get in my old groove, may look like I'm not moving quick but I get deep in the groove and run my process...I get a lot done in a short time that way. No distractions, no redirecting someone 'no, it doesn't go there.' I do try to move slow enough with cabs that I don't hurt myself.... Slow and steady..... Cabling to me is worse than slinging.... There is a lot of cabling with us as there are six players on stage.... That is a LOT of moving... Way more than one would think... Mixing is the easy part..... Which is why you can go to a good size concert and during the show, you might see the slider munky eating a burger and chatting with everybody around him....or farking asleep in the chair.... (also tells you if they had a sound check. Some, if there was a sound check, will leave it like that and not touch a knob during)

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some great slider munkys out there....and there are some lazy farks...

I've always failed to comprehend why the munky misses guitar solos, and especially when the munky turns up the WRONG guitar player during a solo.... If slider munky cannot tell by hand position, etc., what a guitarist is doing or cannot detect a keys/bass solo, (read the damn faces & body language on stage, slider munky needs to swap jobs with the truck munky that WANTS to be a slider munky....

Hints to Slider Munkys:

If the singer backs away from the mic AND front, somebody else just might be lighting up.
If a guitar player upstages the singer, it just MIGHT be a farking guitar solo.
If there are two guitars and one steps up, turn his ass up a touch.
If you turn his ass up and hear rhythm guitar instead of solo, you are a dumbass because you can't tell rhythm from solo.
If you are a dumbass as above, turn current down and heat up the OTHER one....HE'S the one soloing.
If you have subs so loud one can't distinguish between vocals and a freight train, you need killing.

;)

BBD

Reaction score
Now I'm the one having problems getting this to play... keeps opening a new tab but nothing loads... I'll try again in a bit.

okay . elbows in .
It's surprisingly difficult to take a picture of one's elbow, as I've just discovered. To protect our valued customers, the results will not be published as they have not passed our stringent QC procedures.

Tiger Balm time...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Well, I have a habit of showing up early and If I am the only one there at the time, I'll roll up my sleeves and get in my old groove, may look like I'm not moving quick but I get deep in the groove and run my process...I get a lot done in a short time that way. No distractions, no redirecting someone 'no, it doesn't go there.' I do try to move slow enough with cabs that I don't hurt myself.... Slow and steady..... Cabling to me is worse than slinging.... There is a lot of cabling with us as there are six players on stage.... That is a LOT of moving... Way more than one would think... Mixing is the easy part..... Which is why you can go to a good size concert and during the show, you might see the slider munky eating a burger and chatting with everybody around him....or farking asleep in the chair.... (also tells you if they had a sound check. Some, if there was a sound check, will leave it like that and not touch a knob during)
If truth be told it's prolly good for you both physically and mentally. Although I don't believe the old nugget that says "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" it sure helps to keep moving.

BBD

Reaction score
Edro, since you're there - what's this about an old Nashville trick that Tim was talking about a couple of days back? Removing adjustable poles from a DM (super dist?). Presumably just one bobbin or you'd not have much of a pickup left... So to my mind this would roughly end up as a single coil with a huge DCR thanks to the de-poled bobbin, yes?

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
On the subject of pain, Ed, I know you say the CBD gummies helped you some. My daughter is the manager of a whole foods co-op and she gets samples from all kinds of manufacturers. She gave me this one to try and it seems to work quickly. Doesn't last as long as I'd like but seems to work immediately. Not cheap, but I get a discount. Might be too pricey for you. Could just be the menthol and stuff, but seems better than the other stuff like Ted's and is a roll on so you don't get that crap on your fingers.
image.jpeg

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
so I'm guessing that's a no . for trading off sets on the leg press machine with me ?

I'm seriously afraid of my body getting older . so many people it seems , are incapacitated in their later years . and then there are the 80 year olds __ zipping through the sidewalks faster than some of the over-sized millenials . I want to be one of them
Can't fight yer genes. You can put up a fight, but they tend to win in the long run most of the time. Some folks are just lucky in the lottery.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot, don't put a dumbass on the onstage floors' mixer. He can piss off the world because THAT is where the feedback originates 99.9999999999% of the time... It's the monitors, not the mains.... The yodeler ain't in front of the mains, he's yodeling in front a at least one if not two or three floors with a hunnert to several hunnert watts punching em...

I went north to catch some buds at a big outdoor... I was there during sound check.... wooooooh wooooooooooo.... I asked their stage manager 'has the floors munky moved that damn monitor to the correct side?' - no 'Oh well, welcome to rez hell...' Had a big ass floor aimed right up at bottom heads of two floor toms... Wrong side for one, and what did the dumbass think was gonna happen with those toms being mic'd and in the monitor mix, and that big ass monitor was blasting the bottom heads of those MIC'd toms..... Dumbass.... Couldn't figure out the rez and he had a rack full of 31bands...the ones with the LEDs that light up and hit on hot freqs...

File away: weird rez, mic'd drums, if determined a tom head, spot tape it... just a short strip of gaffer from outside of rim to on the head only like an inch to deaden it. If it is the front kick head rezing, you can lower the tuning of front or take a small white towel, roll it up, and lay up against bottom of front side of kick.... Nobody will notice it in front of a white head... If ported, move mic and stick it inside up against head... Ride cymbal too loud for a small gig, one inch of gaffer stuck underneath at maybe half radius point to slightly tone it down.... You can fix a lot of shit with a roll or two of gaffer....

Latest Threads