The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

cmh6122

Reaction score
Got another boomer rolling in. Is really gray out and the lightening is like a major flash. Fuck it is hailing. Just pea-sized and now it is raining hard. Had hoped it would hold off till it was cold enough to be snow.
WFs had predicted a fair icing before it became snow. Had hoped for now ice.
Erika texted that the general had sent them all home 90 minutes back.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Got another boomer rolling in. Is really gray out and the lightening is like a major flash. Fuck it is hailing. Just pea-sized and now it is raining hard. Had hoped it would hold off till it was cold enough to be snow.
WFs had predicted a fair icing before it became snow. Had hoped for now ice.
Erika texted that the general had sent them all home 90 minutes back.

We're supposed to get it tonight.... I've got load in this afternoon for a two nighter... Hope I beat it... If they opened sooner, I'd have already beat feet down there this morning... Not much worse than Mother Nature throwing down on a load in or out...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

BBD

Reaction score
72%? That's admirable. Our last national election, 61% of eligible voters voted, and the minority of that won. Why bother? I wouldn't exactly call that "the will of the people".
To be clear, the 72.2% was the 2016 Brexit referendum. The 2019 general election turnout was slightly lower at 67.3%.

Straw argument.
Not if the issue was minority voting being misrepresented as the 'will of the people' where that implies majority support within the electorate as a whole. The democratic result stands, of course - it is the post hoc framing that is problematic.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
So I guess y'all are okay with the coastals in CA and the bigs in NY calling the shots for the rest of the country....

That's why the Electoral College works... Vast of the country would NEVER have a voice....

Agree, disagree, rat's ass, whatever.... Just is....

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
That's what I'm sayin'. A country is people. Not landmass. Just like a church is people. Not a building, parking lot, tv broadcasting equipment, buses, vans, computers and what have you.

At least Senators should be assigned according to population/voting districts, like House members. The largest (population) states pay more to the fed. But have lesser say in how it's pissed away. Zat fair? Sounds like taxation without representation to me. Why should tiny states have as much say as big ones (population-wise).?

Latest Threads