The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
They all say that...Unless their party happens to win of course. There's always a song in there somewhere.. ..:laugh2:

It's a matter of numbers. Do you know anything at all about the Electoral Vote here?:shock:

It's an 19th century holdover from a slave economy. That's human trafficking in more unsavory, but accurate, terms. Take a gander at the map I posted and get back to me. If you think that's equitable representation then I'm not sure about your understanding of statistics. :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I didn't believe the populist lies, Phil :dunno:
If you want to talk lies Dom just take a look at the party you voted for and you'll soon understand one of the reasons why they were totally annihilated..
All politicians and political parties lie.. That's the name of the game. It's just a case of naming your poison...And anyone who doesn't believe that should go around with "naive " stamped on their forehead..:laugh2:
The point is Dom that public who voted leave did understand exactly what Boris Johnson was saying and they did understand exactly what Corbyn and Swinson were saying. It's only the likes of people like yourself who can't seem to see this, accept the results and constantly scream that everyone's a thicko who needs educating by people like yourself who of course have all the answers....
And that Dom like I said before is exactly where you make your fatal mistake.
Let it go..Move on and if you seek an alternative then back a party who does "speak to the people" , because "the people" aren't quite as stupid as you think.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
It's a matter of numbers. Do you know anything at all about the Electoral Vote here?:shock:

It's an 19th century holdover from a slave economy. That's human trafficking in more unsavory, but accurate, terms. Take a gander at the map I posted and get back to me. If you think that's equitable representation then I'm not sure about your understanding of statistics. :laugh2:
And also take a look at how many EU countries vote while we are about it...:laugh2:
Our referendum happened to be proportional representation...So why didn't remain accept that?
The truth is that it wouldn't matter how the voting system in this country worked , certain remainers just can't accept the results and would do anything to revoke it..
So how fair is that?

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Anyway..Brexit, Schmexit...
It's an getting far too boring now and time to move on...We are leaving and that's that...

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it."

Steady lads, steady....:laugh2:

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I said nothing about Brexit pro or con. I don't think ever. As an American I don't think it's my place to do so. I've tried to moderate the two poles maybe.

All I said was, that 72% was an admirable turnout compared to my fellow countrymen. My aside was, that the manner in which even those abysmal numbers are counted (as in valued) is, in my opinion..um..."skewed" in an archaic way. Population density (or the lack thereof) shouldn't be a determiner of my (or anyone else's) vote's worth. It's nuts.

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Bass sounds. Starts with a bright punchy P Bass slappy sound then goes straight into a Jazz bass with fud wound string pick thingy. Guess you'll know what one I prefer. :laugh2:

The 2nd bass sound was the only one I could get while playing gigs in the 80s. Diddnen't matter if I had new strings or auld mocket black things with potatoes growing under them. Marshall & Peavey just had one setting... Dull, decongested muffled shite. Trace Elliot.....SHITER, "but there very expensive"....SHITE.

Only amp that delivered was a HH VS Bassman... Transistor jobbie. It was a natural growler with a punch like Bruce Lee. Man I miss that.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Really having a problem with Soundcloud. Finally got Charlie's link to appear, after leaving the page and refreshing umpteen times...click on it...and it goes to SC but I get a "oops...page not found!" error. :mad2:

I've been wanting to upload some of my recent stuff but SC says my password is incorrect (for TWO accounts...because when this happened the last time I just created another under my name) but there's no link to reset or even for them to email it to me. Bastards.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Really having a problem with Soundcloud. Finally got Charlie's link to appear, after leaving the page and refreshing umpteen times...click on it...and it goes to SC but I get a "oops...page not found!" error. :mad2:

I've been wanting to upload some of my recent stuff but SC says my password is incorrect (for TWO accounts...because when this happened the last time I just created another under my name) but there's no link to reset or even for them to email it to me. Bastards.
They do a peculiar thing where only faceache is the preferred way to sign in. Give us a link to yer page Frank. See if I can listen in.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Bass sounds. Starts with a bright punchy P Bass slappy sound then goes straight into a Jazz bass with fud wound string pick thingy. Guess you'll know what one I prefer. :laugh2:

The 2nd bass sound was the only one I could get while playing gigs in the 80s. Diddnen't matter if I had new strings or auld mocket black things with potatoes growing under them. Marshall & Peavey just had one setting... Dull, decongested muffled shite. Trace Elliot.....SHITER, "but there very expensive"....SHITE.

Only amp that delivered was a HH VS Bassman... Transistor jobbie. It was a natural growler with a punch like Bruce Lee. Man I miss that.
Yep. That second one does sound familiar. :laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
They do a peculiar thing where only faceache is the preferred way to sign in. Give us a link to yer page Frank. See if I can listen in.
It's still just the same old crap at this point because I can't sign in to upload. Last thing I uploaded was that Parson's Project-ish thing which is just a loop. Had to start another account to do that. At this point I guess I could start a third but that's nuts.
I'll keep trying but it irks me. Maybe it's the tablet.

Latest Threads