The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
The newer Apaches have what I call the 'hoop cheese' at the top of the mast.... They can hide with only the hoop cheese visible and radar be painting your soon to be dead ass... Gunner can release and never have to see the target and pilot doesn't have to come up....

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Flying low and fast, you won't ever hear em until you don't hear anything ever again...

They can hover so far away and watch you piss in the snow without you ever knowing they are there...

Vids we all have seen from sand country, it looks like the bad guys are close but they are not... the 64s are hovering way a way.... incredible optics both vid and FLIR....

Marines have the AH-1Z Super Cobra that is about as advanced as the Apache. They have a 20mm gatling gun and have about same optics and shit.... They can rock your world too....
Now you mention it, have seen vids of them rising above a tree line or hills miles away, acquiring multiple targets & unleashing devastation & nonchalantly sinking back down under cover. Scary bastids.

cmh6122

Reaction score
We have an Air National Guard tanker unit here and those boys been flying lots. The field; which was the third option for the space shuttle, used to be a SAC base.

Lately been lots of high-horsepower traffic at night. Lots of transient traffic, but the amount of fighter activity is quite unusal.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
There's nothing of any strategic significance to protect here so I'm assuming it's running drills or testing equipment. We country folk don't matter much so what the hell...shake 'em up a little. :rolleyes:

Although the power company is about a mile away as the crow flies. I imagine a hacker could take it out with a phishing email though. :laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Way way behind in catching up..Been teaching at an academy this morning and I've just got back this evening from a 60 mile round trip after being booked to play one number in a nightclub...
"Have mercenary will travel"..:laugh2:

Fardwark

Reaction score
A friend posted a picture on facebook of my old pal Colin Wilson, "Big CW" who I mentioned was found dead on a remote forest pathway just right before Christmas in Aberdeenshire. Still don't know what the fuck happened.

He was a big hippy with punky tendencies like a lot of my pals who were born in the 60s. Even I, Hocus Pocus by Focus anyone? :laugh2:

Did make me cry. I remembered Charlie's way of dealing with that type of grief... HOORAH! Celebrate that life & shared experiences. Picked me up. Thanks, Charlie for the perspective :yesway:.

Colin.
CW.jpg

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe your friend suffered a heart attack Sid. I had my widow maker at 47 so it's possible. If I had been on a trail, especially alone, that would have been it for me. No past evidence of heart problems either. A tiny piece of plaque moving through the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's very sobering to lose a friend. We lose them, but we also feel our mortality in their passing. Lots to digest.

Sorry you lost a pal.

Fardwark

Reaction score
There's nothing of any strategic significance to protect here so I'm assuming it's running drills or testing equipment. We country folk don't matter much so what the hell...shake 'em up a little. :rolleyes:

Although the power company is about a mile away as the crow flies. I imagine a hacker could take it out with a phishing email though. :laugh2:
Might be on the trail of the lonesome Pie?

Fardwark

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe your friend suffered a heart attack Sid. I had my widow maker at 47 so it's possible. If I had been on a trail, especially alone, that would have been it for me. No past evidence of heart problems either. A tiny piece of plaque moving through the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's very sobering to lose a friend. We lose them, but we also feel our mortality in their passing. Lots to digest.

Sorry you lost a pal.
Aye. :yesway: