The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Re: ayahuasca, its active ingredient is DMT.
All the other tish in ayahuasca makes you vomit.
FWIW, there is a meditative technique that makes the pineal gland secrete more DMT.
(I haven't tried this yet, myself, but it's been on my to-do list.)

One of the people who are examined in the great documentary Reconvergence studies ayahuasca by doing it with the Indians down in the jungle. He pukes a lot. ;)

(The movie also features my scientist pal Pete Estep, who is seen jamming with me halfway through the movie at my long-ago 50th birthday party. It was weird having a film crew there but he'd cleared it with me first.)

Last edited:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Cleaned up, polished frets and board on my new old SKrat yesterday... Best Skrat I've ever played... I wore the strings on it, completely out even though I kept them clean... I think they were origianl but the guitar had never been played... New D'ads and it sounds divine... I may buy an SCN S-1 pickguard and swap it in my old Highway 1 Skrat that was formerly my favorite...

Ran across another Am Dlx SCN S-1 and almost bought it... If y'all ever get a chance to spank one of these, do it.... Unlike any Skrat I've played or worked on... The old Elites I've had hands on tweren't as good as this one...and they were damn good... I think it is the SCN pickups... I like em better'n the Laces on the Elites... When you push the S-1 switch, you can forget anything you know about how a Skrat is 'supposed' to sound like... Like me you'll be thinking 'homey shit'....

View attachment 431494

:cheers:
Nice Strat Ebers...

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Been unseasonably warm so been out of doors with dog babies as much as possible.

Also been grinding my teeth a lot lately as the last half of December was mostly an unmitigated nightmare most of my working life. The long dark does not help a bit either.

Oh for fuck's fucking sake. Pedantry now.

Anything but admit that what I said about the demographic was true. And isn't it fascinating how that truth is so unpalatable to some here that they will resort to the usual ragbag of irritating rhetorical tricks to avoid acknowledging that truth.
Don't blow a gasket Dom. The truth will come because "truth for one is truth for all".
Revoltin' Travolta

Banned from MTV so watch it at your own risk. :shock:
Surprising how normal Christopher's 'Honey Bunny' vid seems after seeing that. Creepy as shit but don't get the bannworthyness.
I've seen "unidentified" objects myself, and spent a few years in the '70s looking for them. Rough camped on a wild stretch of the Kentucky river for about 7 months looking for them in fact. And did indeed see some. I tend to think more in terms of "military industrial complex" than extraterrestrials. And even if they were from "somewhere else" I tend to think in terms of dimensions instead of "out" there.

At this point I wouldn't mind a little assistance though. HELP!:laugh2:

Loved that tune the first time I heard it on the radidlio.

Used to spend lot of time in the boonies looking up at night skies and though I think I have seen more shooting stars than the average person sees in several lifetimes have never seen something that did not have an easy explanation.

Meant to ask Charlie..looks like one of the states that those drones have been active in is Kansas. You heard much about it?
Had not heard anything locally; but I avoid national news with a vengeance ( get nearly all mine on PBS- Deutchworld News, French News, BBC, and now and then I'll even watch the News Hour). The thought of enduring the crowing of the chickenhawks has me twitching pretty hard so I haven't even seen much of those.

Hey Ed, am curious if you think the treatment you are giving your guitars has an effect on how they feel to the hand?

Hope Ma smiles on us all with extra luvs for them what can use it.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Re: ayahuasca, its active ingredient is DMT.
All the other tish in ayahuasca makes you vomit.
FWIW, there is a meditative technique that makes the pineal gland secrete more DMT.
(I haven't tried this yet, myself, but it's been on my to-do list.)
there are also other methods , that can make a person's pineal gland produce more DMT

not sure if you remember me mentioning a friend of mine , who did the dark room therapy for a couple of weeks . she had a very positive experience from it , but it changed her

the last we heard , she's working at a monkey sanctuary somewhere in Indonesia

so . the word " monkeys " has become a catch phrase / inside joke between Laura and me for the last month . some people go bananas . some go full monkeys :laugh2:

79standard

Reaction score
there are also other methods , that can make a person's pineal gland produce more DMT

not sure if you remember me mentioning a friend of mine , who did the dark room therapy for a couple of weeks . she had a very positive experience from it , but it changed her

the last we heard , she's working at a monkey sanctuary somewhere in Indonesia

so . the word " monkeys " has become a catch phrase / inside joke between Laura and me for the last month . some people go bananas . some go full monkeys :laugh2:
...or "full spider monkey," as Edro sez.

BBD

Reaction score
Don't blow a gasket Dom. The truth will come because "truth for one is truth for all".
Thank you Charlie.

For the record, I do know how to use op. cit. but forked myself in the foot by starting a new comment then deciding to move it UP the thread and insert it into my earlier reply to Edro. But I forgot to remove the op. cit. or change it to 'see below'. And magically, that tiny little editorial error instantly became the focus instead of what we actually know about the Brexit-voting demographic.

I don't want to re-open that discussion but I do want to say that I try to deal in what is known. When accused of being patronising, I produced evidence that I was not being patronising at all, just accurate.

That is all.

Last edited:

cmh6122

Reaction score
G'day all.

Woke up to temps well our normal highs with low 60s forecast this after. WFs say best we can hope for tomorrow be 39F, and Saturday they are saying highs around 25F.

Maddie and I are headed to the Bark Park in a few.

Thank you Charlie.
When accused of being patronising, I produced evidence that I was not being patronising at all, just accurate.

That is all.
No worries Dom. I am by no means an expert, but I have gotten most of my news (less local) from foreign sources for years so have no doubt I have a good appreciation of whose interests are being served.
Right now I am trying to figure which bubble is going to burst when those interests stop dropping a few extra crumbs to go with the circus they provide and go on another plunder run of this world's treasures. Think it will be as bad as 07-8?

We live in interesting times.

Hope Ma smiles on us all.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Thank you Charlie.

For the record, I do know how to use op. cit. but forked myself in the foot by starting a new comment then deciding to move it UP the thread and insert it into my earlier reply to Edro. But I forgot to remove the op. cit. or change it to 'see below'. And magically, that tiny little editorial error instantly became the focus instead of what we actually know about the Brexit-voting demographic.

I don't want to re-open that discussion but I do want to say that I try to deal in what is known. When accused of being patronising, I produced evidence that I was not being patronising at all, just accurate.

That is all.
John (Vasco) is a notoriously contentious old fellow. :laugh2:

Although we do get along...prolly a good thing there's a couple thousand miles and an ocean betwixt us. :naughty:

John chimes in to give me the PRECISE and correct mileage between The Bluegrass and Norwich in three...two...:shock:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I've played them but's been ages, not a guitar I owned, and wasn't as knowledgable about the nuance of sech thangs at the time I'm sure. I surmise they're akin to noiseless single coils more than anything as the second coil serves as noise cancelling primarily and doesn't contribute to the sound as much.
A Voutoob review I found suggests they lack sustain but are detailed. I have a Westone Corsair, a beautiful guitar, that I bought at a yard sale for ten bucks a decade ago. It was intact but the electronics were missing It's an excellent Strat Killer/Supastrat. I've tried various pups in it and all sound good from cheap Chinese Superdistirtion knockoffs, MIJ single coils, to now, a '75 T-top and a mystery Gibson that I assume is an early 490T as it's unpotted. The sound is sterling clean, exceptional even, but doesn't seem to suit the look of the guitar (if that makes any difference :laugh2:)
The original pickups (gleaned from ads at the time) were unbalanced ACTIVE pickups,which sound like a very exotic animal to me. The Magnaflux 6s are impossible to find it seems. I have a yen every once in a while to restore it but it's no great imperative to do so. Think I'll just throw in a 70s Superdistortion and something else. :hmm:

Mine looks exactly like this sans original pups. It's a looker...if you like that sort of thing. (I DO)
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Then let's not stir him up. I have very little interest in working through the diversionary rhetorical tricks playbook with anybody these days. I know it back to front.
He was an original cast member of this thread so he's welcome to come and go as he pleases of course. I do like to wind him up though, as he does me. :laugh2:

(And virtually everyone else) :shock:

My point is, it's not just you. He and Phil used to go at it tooth and claw. Some of it contrived for fun...some of it not. Sometimes it was hard to tell which was which. It seems the old geezers are aligned *vis a vis Brexit however. :naughty:

Actually this thread spun off another called "The trial of Vasco" or words to that effect. I think he was honored with the Dickhead of the Year award or some such in it. Which he graciously accepted. ;)

At one point they were going to take The Phil and Vasco Show on the road, even to The Americas. But I think they ran afoul of Homeland Security when they discovered Vasco's intense interest in matters concerning The Third Reich.:Ohno:

*will he take the bait? I wonder? :hmm:

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
The last thing this thread needs is two reactionary innumerates instead of just the one.

Seriously.
They are the origins of this thread and basically, though a major contributor, I just glommed on for shits and giggles. And being the sort of obnoxious and bullheaded jackass that I am decided (with others of course) it needed to continue ad nauseum as a kind of in-yer-face to some other a-holes on the forum. ;)

And,um...oh yeah...as a kind of pub for (generally) congenial banter and (sometimes *cough*) piss taking. :cool:

And here we are. :laugh2: