The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
Funny how these unexplained sightings always seem to occur in America and always in places like Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico.. :hmm:
You never seem to hear about strange sightings over say Budleigh Salterton in Devon or the motorway service station in Newport Pagnell...:laugh2:
Well, Europe and the UK have had a f*cktonne of UFO sightings, including military bases.
As far as the U.S., the Hudson River Valley has been UfO central for decades. Dixie doesn't get *all* the fun, y'all.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I'm shocked no one had to inform the FAA they were conducting such activities in such a wide area. (Three states!) That seems ridiculous to me. Just like allowing sales of bootleg poison for vaping. And THEN doing something about it after deaths and injuries. This attitude of deregulation and dismantling consumer and citizen protection is irresponsible.
Why is the cost of an investigation necessary and people worrying when the jackasses should have to inform someone in authority by law? The public picks up the tab while they fuck off doing god knows what.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
They're not unidentified. They're definitely drones. All the usual suspects deny any knowledge or claim them. They fly in formation in a grid as if searching or mapping. They fly at night which suggests infrared applications. At least 17 have been observed operating simultaneously and they are likely over 55 lbs..(6' span) which would require a licensed pilot to operate. How many licensed pilots would that take?

No regional drone company, surveyors, researchers or what-have-you claim them. And since it's been going on since mid December, concerns have been expressed..it's been in the local and regional press and now national...authorities are investigating, including federal...one would think if it was something easily explainable and innocuous the operators would come forward to ease people's minds and get the Feds to lay off..wouldn't one?

And now that we're likely at war with a nation 4 times the size of Iraq with 80 million people and networks around the world, that has just vowed revenge for the murder of the second highest official in their country...they'd be crazy not to be concerned.

Could be fine. Or not. But it's odd that knowing all this the operators haven't just publicly acknowledged, even if they don't want to divulge exactly what it is they're doing if it's research or some kind of commercial venture.

We were all shocked when a group of nuts flew planes into buildings...but really it was an obvious thing to do. Drones don't even require the sacrifice of a hijackers life. And if they can't even figure out who is doing this on such a large scale and for so long, what are the odds they're going to be able to catch a one-off terrorist act?

I'm not saying that is what this is. I just think the laws governing drones are weak...and in this instance everybody is far too casual about finding out what's up.

They're not breaking any laws, but mainly because there are so few governing drones. :laugh2:

Funny how all this drone activity seems to coincide with that recent drone strike on the Iranian general and that this story hasn't even made the main news over here.
Of course the military would be able to track them in an instant if they felt it necessary.
Nobody knows where they came from and nobody has seen where they land...:laugh2:

"Don't shoot one, or the battery might burn your house down" ..Spectacular civil defence advice and notice how the stories run and get more and more sinister.

Sounds like either some people are playing a hoax, or failing that the "Preppers" are putting in some practise, or even political....:laugh2:

The drones the military used on that mission are multi million dollar drones the size of a real aircraft and not those little things with a couple of electric motors you can purchase on Amazon.
In fact that should give people a clue..if the drones run on small electric motors their range will be fairly limited so the operators will be fairly local.

The type the military used to take out a convoy...

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Well, Europe and the UK have had a f*cktonne of UFO sightings, including military bases.
As far as the U.S., the Hudson River Valley has been UfO central for decades. Dixie doesn't get *all* the fun, y'all.
I was once on national radio on a phone in programme in response to some guy phoning in about a UFO hovering over a chip shop with blinking navigation lights on the south coast where he was waiting for an order..
What was hilarious was that he was so serious which of course like all these social media stuff these days attracted all the numpties for miles around who desperately need a cause and be a part of the group.
Of course I was not rude to the guy and my call was very straight faced and tongue in cheek . ..It was good fun though.:laugh2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Sylvia and I know a couple who are actually convinced that aliens live amongst us and monitor what we do.
They are a lovely couple but it's hard to keep a straight face sometimes as they always give us YouTube links to show us proof of their existence.... :facepalm: ....:laugh2:

But what is interesting to note is that like all these personality types they constantly try and prove to you that they are right, you are wrong and that they can educate you with their wisdom , literally verging on hysteria if you dare differ in opinion.
Something people like myself don't tend to do..I have my opinions on subjects which may well change over time but I don't get in people's faces trying to bully and put them down if their views dare differ from mine. I'll always listen to someone who is more knowledgeable than me on a subject and personally don't give damn what people's religious, sexual or political leanings are .......As long as they don't invade my space or aggressively force their views on me..:laugh2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Cleaned up, polished frets and board on my new old SKrat yesterday... Best Skrat I've ever played... I wore the strings on it, completely out even though I kept them clean... I think they were origianl but the guitar had never been played... New D'ads and it sounds divine... I may buy an SCN S-1 pickguard and swap it in my old Highway 1 Skrat that was formerly my favorite...

Ran across another Am Dlx SCN S-1 and almost bought it... If y'all ever get a chance to spank one of these, do it.... Unlike any Skrat I've played or worked on... The old Elites I've had hands on tweren't as good as this one...and they were damn good... I think it is the SCN pickups... I like em better'n the Laces on the Elites... When you push the S-1 switch, you can forget anything you know about how a Skrat is 'supposed' to sound like... Like me you'll be thinking 'homey shit'....

1578493796931.png

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Sylvia and I know a couple who are actually convinced that aliens live amongst us and monitor what we do.
They are a lovely couple but it's hard to keep a straight face sometimes as they always give us YouTube links to show us proof of their existence.... :facepalm: ....:laugh2:

But what is interesting to note is that like all these personality types they constantly try and prove to you that they are right, you are wrong and that they can educate you with their wisdom , literally verging on hysteria if you dare differ in opinion.
Something people like myself don't tend to do..I have my opinions on subjects which may well change over time but I don't get in people's faces trying to bully and put them down if their views dare differ from mine. I'll always listen to someone who is more knowledgeable than me on a subject and personally don't give damn what people's religious, sexual or political leanings are .......As long as they don't invade my space or aggressively force their views on me..:laugh2:
I've seen "unidentified" objects myself, and spent a few years in the '70s looking for them. Rough camped on a wild stretch of the Kentucky river for about 7 months looking for them in fact. And did indeed see some. I tend to think more in terms of "military industrial complex" than extraterrestrials. And even if they were from "somewhere else" I tend to think in terms of dimensions instead of "out" there.

At this point I wouldn't mind a little assistance though. HELP!:laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Cleaned up, polished frets and board on my new old SKrat yesterday... Best Skrat I've ever played... I wore the strings on it, completely out even though I kept them clean... I think they were origianl but the guitar had never been played... New D'ads and it sounds divine... I may buy an SCN S-1 pickguard and swap it in my old Highway 1 Skrat that was formerly my favorite...

Ran across another Am Dlx SCN S-1 and almost bought it... If y'all ever get a chance to spank one of these, do it.... Unlike any Skrat I've played or worked on... The old Elites I've had hands on tweren't as good as this one...and they were damn good... I think it is the SCN pickups... I like em better'n the Laces on the Elites... When you push the S-1 switch, you can forget anything you know about how a Skrat is 'supposed' to sound like... Like me you'll be thinking 'homey shit'....

View attachment 431494
Hope you wuz wearin' yer lead vest fer them Sumerian Cobalt thingees. :shock:

And don't think for a minute I don't know what you're doing. Giving somebody GAS who's scraping by on a pension is just mean. :mad2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
I've seen "unidentified" objects myself, and spent a few years in the '70s looking for them. Rough camped on a wild stretch of the Kentucky river for about 7 months looking for them in fact. And did indeed see some. I tend to think more in terms of "military industrial complex" than extraterrestrials. And even if they were from "somewhere else" I tend to think in terms of dimensions instead of "out" there.

At this point I wouldn't mind a little assistance though. HELP!:laugh2:

Well, I ain't surprised... I think that third babduction really messed you up....

Just ain't normal for somebody to be walking down the highway, clothed in only swim fins and a football helmet on backwards, eating ice cream out of a sock.... I knew something wuttin quite right in yo haid right then...... DIdn't take much to convince me you wuz one bubble off plumb......

Nobody else noticed until the infamous buck ass nekid taxi cab surfing incident....

:cool2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Didn't tell y'all about my recent trip to Stearns Kentucky with my older brother, who I hadn't seen in person in almost a decade. He came down from Massachusetts to visit our Dad's old hometown where Neil had lived with him in his youth. A coal and lumber town where Dad had been a miner. To visit all the old sites and cemeteries and such.

At any rate..I get home and I'm watching an episode of "Dual Survivor" (which I NEVER do) and these guys are trying to make do and make it out of some rough country. I'm thinking "damn, that looks familiar". As the show goes on..yep, they're in Kentucky. I'm still thinking.."is that Whitley County?". Sure enough...yep...that's where they were. :laugh2:
My Dad used to take me down to the old abandoned mine tipple on the river there. Where he used to work. It's now Blue Heron National Park. Longest stretch of wild River in Kentucky (Big South Fork) and part of Daniel Boone National Forest.
That show is so bogus. They "found" a tarp (allegedly left by moonshiners under a cliff house) and made a boat out of saplings and duct tape. What a load of horseshit. :facepalm:

My parents used to just turn me loose around my grandparents house down there. Many happy memories of climbing palisades, playing in cricks and going into pink limestone caves. Even found orchids in the forest. I would never think of letting my grandkids just wander off like that. Times have changed.

Last edited:

79standard

Reaction score
I'm shocked no one had to inform the FAA they were conducting such activities in such a wide area. (Three states!) That seems ridiculous to me. Just like allowing sales of bootleg poison for vaping. And THEN doing something about it after deaths and injuries. This attitude of deregulation and dismantling consumer and citizen protection is irresponsible.
Why is the cost of an investigation necessary and people worrying when the jackasses should have to inform someone in authority by law? The public picks up the tab while they fuck off doing god knows what.
+1
Regulations have their place.
Teddy Roosevelt knew that, and that's a big part of what made him great (in spite of a barbaric foreign policy, but we digress).

In the understandable quest to make regulations fair, consistent, and rational, a hell of a lot of babies got thrown out with the bathwater, sometimes due to error and sometimes because self-serving sh*theads paid someone.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
+1
Regulations have their place.
Teddy Roosevelt knew that, and that's a big part of what made him great (in spite of a barbaric foreign policy, but we digress).

In the understandable quest to make regulations fair, consistent, and rational, a hell of a lot of babies got thrown out with the bathwater, sometimes due to error and sometimes because self-serving sh*theads paid someone.
Reading about the history of workplace safety alone should be enough to convince people. Folks aren't chattel. They deserve some protections and not be worked to death. And letting industries regulate themselves never works. For obvious reasons. And OSHA didn't even come into being until 1970.

If your bottom line is always profit you WILL cut corners, lie, cover up, and fudge statistics. It's inevitable. This "buyer beware" crap is bullshit.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
I watch those survival shows and think 'this has got to be the most incompetent dipshit on the planet....

I could knock that shit out of the park when I was in cub scouts... Waaay before I had any survival training....

If there ain't nothing to eat or drink where you are, farking move.... Get off yo ass and go look for something to cover, clothe, feed, or hydrate your ass.... It ain't hard....

In Scouts off at camp, I'd sack out in the woods... Lot of times they didn't know where the fark I was...and I wuttin gonna tell em... First time out at the BS Reservation, I walked every damn foot of that place... I knew where everything was and different ways to get there.....

The dumbasses on those shows sit on their ass and whine like little bitches about random shit.... There's mud and all kinds of vegetation..... Lots of shit you do with just that.... If there is a stream, there are fish or such....

Were I on the show, I would steal every damn thing the camera crew had when they were asleep.... just for grins... and then leave in the middle of the night.....

Latest Threads