The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
"Survived" my white ass. :laugh2: Looks more like a good time was had by all.:dude:

Surprised security'd let a Sasquatch back stage though. :shock:
Had a great time....

Hah! Nobody wants to confront a Squatch!

One show backstage, facility tech guy was told when looking for a piece of equipment, 'the last time I saw it, Ed had it in his hand'....

I just told the guy "You'd better get the police to check his trunk...this ain't the first time he's done this...'

:cool2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Had a great time....

Hah! Nobody wants to confront a Squatch!

One show backstage, facility tech guy was told when looking for a piece of equipment, 'the last time I saw it, Ed had it in his hand'....

I just told the guy "You'd better get the police to check his trunk...this ain't the first time he's done this...'

:cool2:
Ha. I know that ploy well. Point the finger at each other, then meet after the show to divvy up the loot. Works like a charm.

Bet they feared ya when you showed up to the buffet too Squatchy. :naughty:

See any really cool out of the ordinary equipment or premo geetars while you were pokin' around back there?

BBD

Reaction score
Sorry for the break in transmissions there, but I've just had an absolute fucker of a 24-hour stomach bug. About which I will say no more except that I am truly, pathetically glad it is over.

As you were.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Dom. Since retiring from teaching I rarely get sick (at least in that way) anymore. If your family is still visiting elsewhere that might be a good thing as they'll miss it.

Forget I said that. I just knocked on wood. ;)

BBD

Reaction score
I feel your pain, Dom - had it bad the week before. Took a couple days until I was back on track...
You too - sorry to hear it... seems to be a lot of it around - I went to the shops this afternoon and the guy who served me said there had been three members of staff off with it last week. I was in there on Saturday, so it's possible that's where I picked it up.

If your family is still visiting elsewhere that might be a good thing as they'll miss it.
I've been round with the surface antibiotics very carefully today, so *hopefully* not. Them not being here was the only good thing about this.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
We survived our trek to Atlanta..... Had a great time with my daughter and fam....

Went to Buckhead tto see Atlanta Rhythm Section... Dean's (keyboards) last show.... Been at at it for a long time... Candymen (Roy Orbison's band) and then ARS, played with about every damn body in the studio in Doraville.... Dean has been at it for a long time. (I met him at a club where my bro played after an ARS show when they came by to see my bro's band, when I was 16 and I'm 62 now... Dean grew up not far at all from where I did down here, across the county line) Damn good show too...... Buckhead Theatre is a cool ass venue... Not too big and has four bars... Great acoustics.... One of the cool ass old theatres with the balcony... Pretty fancy....

Had a great time visiting with those guys again and enjoyed the show... After the show, Daughter and SIL took us to the The Battery at Braves Stadium... My God...Cooler'n hell.... Clubs, stores, etc. etc... Even when no games it is crowded...and cool as hell... We had been to Mercedes Benz stadium (Atlanta Falcons) earlier too...

Daughter took this cell phone pic during the show.... Love those old fancy intimate venues... Had a great time.... Walked through the metal detector back entrance after we got there, and one of em tells security 'I've never seen him before in my life.' I just said 'good seeing you too, asshole'...

View attachment 429406

Took this pic from the Westin hotel... Benz Stadium is obvious... By the ferris wheel is the Tabernacle concert venue...

View attachment 429405
Running quite a few posts behind after a hectic week but glad to hear you had a great time with the family over the holidays Ebers.. :cheers:
We spent a few days in Atlanta many years ago and apart from going to an American football match , we also went to a blues club and some huge amusement theme park ( can't remember the name now).

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Sorry for the break in transmissions there, but I've just had an absolute fucker of a 24-hour stomach bug. About which I will say no more except that I am truly, pathetically glad it is over.

As you were.
Glad to hear you are on the mend Dom.
The last bloody thing you need at this time of year.
Flu like coughing virus round this neck of the woods and virtually everyone we know has had it..Touch wood not us yet. I think we may have had that one last year..:oops:

Personally I blame Sid..

You didn't buy one of his microwavable macaroni cheese Christmas dinners from his on line shop did you? Not a wise move.

In fact wasn't it Sid who thought "gastritis" was a culinary award named after a famous Trojan restaurateur from 1250 BC.

BBD

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are on the mend Dom.
The last bloody thing you need at this time of year.
Flu like coughing virus round this neck of the woods and virtually everyone we know has had it..Touch wood not us yet.
Yes, not the best time of year for a dose of the blithering squits. The little lad has the horror cough - two weeks and counting - but amazingly neither H nor I have (yet) caught it. Always time I suppose.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Izzat Yiddisch for macaroni cheese? :shock:

Speaking of secret societies...never let Schidney show you the secret handshake. The last guy that did that is still walkin' funny. :eek2:
:lol:....:laugh2:
It certainly is Frank.
Sid's assets must be safeguarded at all costs by the illuminati.

I see exactly what you mean by the handshake. But did the big fella " Eddy the boson " have anything to do with it?
:oops:

photostudio_1577732128288.jpg

The evidence M'Lud.

Last edited:

Latest Threads