The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

79standard

Reaction score
We all get bitch slapped in different ways, bud... Just is....

What defines us is getting our asses back up.....

Being ornery as hell helps too... You are ninja level ornery... Everybody can't stroll through shit you've survived, and keep going, my friend...

You're short too. Shorter'n hell.... Dunno if that figures in to the ornery but I guess it damn sure could... Bumping yo head on drawers folks leave open and shit.... Not being tall enough to ride the cool rides at the fair.... I imagine that coule make one ornery as hell.....

I taught my son the best I could. I told him he'd get kicked in the teeth sooner or later, and repeatedly, we all do... What he does next defines him.... He's been kicked many times, still gets up and gets back to biz.... He's a badass....in spite of having a rare CF variation. Made Exec Chef at 25yrs old.... Did it the old hard way...Worked under some badass asshole classically trained & degreed Exec Chefs that saw something special in him, taught him because he wanted it, made his life freaking miserable, and then kicked him so he would go work under a different Exec to learn more... Now he is their competition....and they know it...and are good friends... He works his ass off for unreal hours, straight salary doesn't pay when you run the calculator, but happier'n a hog in a watermelon patch...

May sound odd to some, but I realize the times I was kicked made me who I am. I got back up, brushed my ass off, and got back to it.....

Entitled fucks don't have the luxury. They are never satisfied with anything because they've never 'done it themselves' to any extent.

Wife asked if I could go back yadda yadda.... I said no. I would not be who I am, traveled the roads I've traveled, nor would I have met the people I have met.... Had a helluva life so far....ain't done yet....

Any time any any of us in here gets kinda maudlin, remember:

Those of us up in here have seen more shit and done more shit than any regular folks have...

We have lived the lives of any ten popcorn munching Bufords... and somehow lived through it....

That in itself is pretty badass if you ask me....

edro...
That was a ballsific post, sir.
Thank you.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
3:55 a.m.
Just back in bed after letting Louis out into the garden. He is such a good little dog as he will go back in his crate without a fuss and settle down straight away after going to the toilet.
Sylvia and I are just having a cup of tea and have turned the light off.
Will catch up on the morning..
Your man ( bleary eyed) in Blighty.
Fromage...

:wave:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Personally, I think being a bit nuts got us this far...

We've run into stuff in our lives that would have popcorn munchers running down the skreet screaming...

We pretty much looked at a lot of the crazy we've seen, like "not this shit again...oh well..." and went about our business...

One of my favorite sayings for decades to some folks freaking out over something needlessly, "You don't get out much, do you?"
You and I are sounding more and more alike Ebers ..:laugh2:

I listen to people crying on the radio because they can't afford the latest iPhone and raving on about austerity...They haven't got a f*cking clue as to what real poverty is in this country. Some of them should have come to Africa with me during the 60's.
Yep, I think you are right Ebers. Some of us have been round the block a few times and deal with things differently.
Now before people scream "evil heartless bastard" at me I said "differently" and not that my views are the right views or hold any solution.
When I go into a school and a kid tells me just how hard it is there I sometimes tell them a few tales from my own childhood and watch them go white and sit there open mouthed..:laugh2:
It's all relative..

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Never heard anyone raving about austerity because they can't afford a fucking iPhone. Have heard folk rightly being appalled that food banks are a thing in modern day Britain which is a really rich country. Homelessness is on the rampage. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Since the Nasty Party cut my meager income nearly in half & added a bedroom tax on top of the insult I sometimes find myself going without food, Fact. I don't go on about it, hardly ever mention it. I'm registered disabled with my dodgy heart condition & other related conditions that will never get better, only worse. Fact.

They want me fucking dead. <That bit was opinion.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Never heard anyone raving about austerity because they can't afford a fucking iPhone. Have heard folk rightly being appalled that food banks are a thing in modern day Britain which is a really rich country. Homelessness is on the rampage. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Since the Nasty Party cut my meager income nearly in half & added a bedroom tax on top of the insult I sometimes find myself going without food, Fact. I don't go on about it, hardly ever mention it. I'm registered disabled with my dodgy heart condition & other related conditions that will never get better, only worse. Fact.

Not you Sid. We need to keep you on this mortal coil..I mean , what the f*ck would we do if we needed a bass solo?
No, certainly not the genuinely disabled. That's what this whole system was set up for in the first place and why it was and hopefully still is the best health service in the world..
I was thinking more about a guy I know in London and another in Weymouth....:laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Ingrate. Don't you know that those fuckers that scratch and claw and send others' children off to die needlessly to hoard wealth for themselves are only doing it for your own good? Now be a good boy and if you're lucky they'll trickle down on ya. :laugh2:

Last edited:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
There are always those who abuse and take advantage. The problem is the ones who take advantage to the tune of a few hundred bucks are demonized while those who take advantage to the tune of BILLIONS are lionized as the epitome of "success". No hypocrisy there at all right? :laugh2:

I admit I'm unfamiliar with the goings on in The U.K., but here at least it seems the loudest proclaimers are penny wise and pound foolish.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
There are indeed scammers in the system, both high and low. But when you look at the actual statistics and the money pissed away at those two extremes, it's clear who is soaking the system for the most amount by a YUGE margin. A simple pie chart verifies it.

For instance we're now being told "mistakes were made" in the war in Afghanistan. Really...ya think? A military action that was supposed to take months (so we were told) has dragged on for 17 years now (x2!) with no end in sight. Quagmire? What quagmire? :laugh2:

But as I said, that particular boondoggle only applies to this country far as I know. I'm not really sure what the elite piss (the country's) money away on in other countries. Although I'm virtually certain the arms industry (amongst others) figures into it and "representatives" of the people find a way to line their pockets therefrom...and the amount numbers in the hundreds of billions.

Last edited: