The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I didn't really have a guide. Some older friend's thought "hey, Frank is already nuts. He gets it". :laugh2:
this might be true in a way . if a person is immune to certain forms of cognitive dissonance . then it doesn't really matter what is up . and what is down . loss of control is more likely to cause fear ( and paranoia ) in those that expect a certain order

not sure if I'm saying this the right way . but when a person is tripping __ there are no strict expectations of one's reality . only wonder and amazement . there's 10 million tiny little eyeballs staring directly at me from all directions ? . cool

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Hallucinations didn't bother me. I thought they were cool. You could see where artists that might have that natural perception were coming from. Like Escher and Dali. And Bosch. And El Greco. They didn't frighten me. Things that might make others' freak out I just enjoyed. They were mind games. But then I was already used to my thought processes not being "normal" to the average person. At least, they weren't aware of them being other people's state of normal. It's one of the things that make teenagers become alienated. I was glad I saw things differently.

There's a certain price to be paid as you can become alienated to what's "normal", but I took great pride in keeping it together no matter what. And it teaches you things about states of mind and even other dimensions that are only abstracts in a normal state. And how you can control them (mental states) if you try. And even change them.

You can fly too close to the sun for sure. And it can take you awhile to make your way back. If you know what I mean.

My brother didn't enjoy any feelings like that. Of being out of control. He only smoked pot a few times, but hated it. Our brains are very different.

cmh6122

Reaction score
Addiction and alcoholism are not synonymous. My problems with alcohol and my addiction to nicotine were two different things.

My kids stroke if I have a drink, but the cannabis-infused coconut oil on my counter does not give them any anxiety.

Like Phil say- "Follow the money", but when it comes to cannabis the interests that do not want to compete are fighting tooth and claw. Have a friend who is convinced (erroneously) that the most formidable opponent to legalization is the liquor industry, but truth is cannabis has uses that an institution like Kansas State University (as fine an ag school as Terra has produced) could gift our society with that have nothing to do with its psychoactive properties.

Lots of industries do not want to compete. So fuck the free market till it truly be free.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
You can be either psychologically addicted, or physically addicted, or both. Some substances get their hooks into your physiology, (like alcohol and nicotine..opioids) and some don't, like cannabis and psychedelics. There's no physical withdrawal. But there's a hell of a mental/emotional withdrawal.

The insidious part is you can become psychologically addicted to anything. I used to drink a lot, but honestly I could take it or leave it. I almost never drank alone. But psychedelics I definitely had a psychological dependence on. I was doing them every day for years. You kind of get blasted that way and don't realize how far out you're getting.

The medicinal properties of alcohol are few compared to cannabis and hemp. And they are there....everything in moderation can be beneficial. But once you're dependant on something you've just given yourself another problem to deal with. And you can abuse anything. And in doing so, overdose on anything. The nature of the consequences being relative to the substance, habitual behavior, or what have you.

Last edited:

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
So Frigglet doesn't like bursts eh? Hmmmmm. :hmm:

We know he doesn't like Tele's. Hmmmmm. :hmm:

Then it's about time I posted my tobacco burst Tele along with it's 2 brothers... Again.

telefrigg-01.jpg

I wonder... What would a Pie-Burst look like. A big crust round the body edge perhaps? I can hear Photoshop a calling.

sliding tom

Reaction score
Wanted one of these but never picked one up.... Dernit...

View attachment 426552
I always thought they were a very cool design!

Charlie, there is a LOT of Lester tones out there on albums that were actually a neck single coil on a Tele or Skrat through a cranked to hell Champ or Princeton.....

:cool:
Ain't that the truth! Iconic Les Paul tonez on the first Led Zeppelin album.... :rofl:

Good Morning folkses! :wave:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Morning all..
Still haven't caught up so am pages behind.
Work finished for the holiday period.
Sylvia tells me we have to get a Christmas tree today and she wants a potted live one to keep in the garden, so it looks like a shopping trip on the horizon...:laugh2:

Am I imagining it or did someone say Frank liked sunburst custom Tele's?..:oops:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice one. Always liked matching head stocks. Been decades since I've used an Atomic Humbucker. Don't remember a thing about them, but always wanted a Custom Tele.

Don't tell anybody I said so.
I kinda cheated by putting a regular fender decal on it, instead of Squier. But it is a Fender.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Morning all..
Still haven't caught up so am pages behind.
Work finished for the holiday period.
Sylvia tells me we have to get a Christmas tree today and she wants a potted live one to keep in the garden, so it looks like a shopping trip on the horizon...:laugh2:

Am I imagining it or did someone say Frank liked sunburst custom Tele's?..:oops:
Wait a minute. I said I kinda sorta could TOLERATE a TRIburst. But never said a Tele.

image.jpeg

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I kinda cheated by putting a regular fender decal on it, instead of Squier. But it is a Fender.
Citizen, be warned that the IPC has been duly notified of your heinous and brazen theft of the intellectual property of an innocent corporate entity and your piracy will be summarily addressed.

Someone *cough* has been assured a SWAT team has been dispatched and you should expect to hear boots on the roof within the hour.

How dare you sir.

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Wait a minute. I said I kinda sorta could TOLERATE a TRIburst. But never said a Tele.

View attachment 426695

just a note on those Fender Wide Range . they're junk __ compared to the clones that use better materials / and something much more similar to the originals

I had a set that I bought used from a local shop , to put in a Jazzmaster ( @79standard will know what I'm talking about ) . the string separation and clarity was just meh at best . they sound pretty nice overdriven . but otherwise , I found them useless

Latest Threads