The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
g mornings and afternoons

I was just talking about Squiers in general. Mainly older. Some are better than others. notably the Classic Vibe Squiers.

The hardware and electronics are usually the weak spot. I've bought plenty of Squier body's and necks that are very good.
they can be very hit or miss . but they can also be had for very little money , because many people will turn there noses up at them . just because of the name on the headstock . I'm a fan of them though . with the right body and neck , they make the perfect modding platform

the quality of hardware ( namely tuners ) has gotten better over the years . and there are plenty of professionals that use them too

Last edited:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
So, Boris says Brexit is guaranteed by Jan 31st, 2020 eh?

have to Love Trump's response to this , in a tweet he sent out to congratulate . . .

Congratulations to Boris Johnson on his great WIN! Britain and the United States will now be free to strike a massive new Trade Deal after BREXIT. This deal has the potential to be far bigger and more lucrative than any deal that could be made with the E.U. Celebrate Boris!

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I'm trying not to get arrested or shot this Holiday Season

while I was dropping Laura off at her job this morning , I encountered several very aggressive drivers on the way back . I drive a car __ and the aggros always seem to be driving trucks . which ( to some ) gives them a sense of privilege and / or power on the roads

I usually don't let things bother me . especially this time of year . people have an unodinary amount of stress with shopping . kids . money . stuff . but please don't get all wound up in traffic . not cool

so I'm driving along at a normal speed , on the way back home . I notice in my rear view mirror that a truck is approaching me very quickly . some people might speed up for these people , but I'm the kind of person that slows down . they can tail me if they want . I don't care . but the driver of the car ( woman . with a man in the passenger side ) was getting extremely angry . so we're coming up on a traffic light , which was turning yellow . I slowed down to make sure that I stopped at the red

and I calmly got out of my car . walked back to the truck

my intention was to just ask them nicely " please don't follow people so closely . you're going to cause an accident " . but the driver didn't want to roll her window down . I think that she was trying to call the police ( ? ) . either way . the light turned green . I got in my car . they followed __ but not closely :laugh2:

they might have gotten my plate number . I don't know . in this area ( I thought about it after the fact ) , they could have had a gun in the car . whatever . it will be a Good Christmas if I don't get arrested or shot . . .

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I'm trying not to get arrested or shot this Holiday Season

while I was dropping Laura off at her job this morning , I encountered several very aggressive drivers on the way back . I drive a car __ and the aggros always seem to be driving trucks . which ( to some ) gives them a sense of privilege and / or power on the roads

I usually don't let things bother me . especially this time of year . people have an unodinary amount of stress with shopping . kids . money . stuff . but please don't get all wound up in traffic . not cool

so I'm driving along at a normal speed , on the way back home . I notice in my rear view mirror that a truck is approaching me very quickly . some people might speed up for these people , but I'm the kind of person that slows down . they can tail me if they want . I don't care . but the driver of the car ( woman . with a man in the passenger side ) was getting extremely angry . so we're coming up on a traffic light , which was turning yellow . I slowed down to make sure that I stopped at the red

and I calmly got out of my car . walked back to the truck

my intention was to just ask them nicely " please don't follow people so closely . you're going to cause an accident " . but the driver didn't want to roll her window down . I think that she was trying to call the police ( ? ) . either way . the light turned green . I got in my car . they followed __ but not closely :laugh2:

they might have gotten my plate number . I don't know . in this area ( I thought about it after the fact ) , they could have had a gun in the car . whatever . it will be a Good Christmas if I don't get arrested or shot . . .
Happens regularly in these parts. A big Dodge Ram or an Lincoln Navigator kinda gives 'em balls they don't have in real life. :laugh2:

And any damn body can carry a gun now so, yeah. Wonder why they haven't armed children in school yet? :shock: :laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

they can be very hit or miss . but they can also be had for very little money , because many people will turn there noses up at them . just because of the name on the headstock . I'm a fan of them though . with the right body and neck , they make the perfect modding platform

the quality of hardware ( namely tuners ) has gotten better over the years . and there are plenty of professionals that use them too

I've bought quite a few in my life and have built several partscasters from EBay scouring. Certain eras are better than others. Found a silkscreen logo Bullet neck that is awesome flame maple with almost zero fret wear. And have a first year issue Affinity Strat that is full thickness body in a color you don't find much anymore. It was supposed to be Torino red (I think) but looks somewhat like Oxblood or burgundy. All my partscasters have Gibson or DiMarzio pickups unless they're MIJ. The E Series Squiers are pretty good and not very expensive, especially if you find the parts.

I bought the Affinity Strat the year they came out. I just wanted a test bed for some ideas and didn't want to butcher my MIJ Strat. The salesman was pushing the SRV Strat (no way I was paying that kind of money) but I noticed a prominent flaw in the wood grain of the top. Wtf? The Affinity didn't have a skunk stripe but neither did the early strats. And it had the small headstock. Not a fan of the big cartoon '70s headstock, although I've owned a couple.
If the logo bothers me I'll strip the headstock and decal it. Would never sell it as legit and nobody with any sense would mistake it as such if they bothered to look. No serial number for one. And I leave the made in (country of origin) on the back.

Nims sent me (such a gracious man) some old bootleg Fender decals that he and some co-conspirators fabricated in the '70s. Gold ink and all. Very authentic and now that they're 40 years old they have that patina as well. Very fragile though.

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morning all, afternoon Tom!

Sorry I didn't chat when you first got in here,Tom. I just hit the Like button and hit the rack...Stayed up late...too late and was knodding off and seeing triple.... Yeah, a lot of that was playing the Strat... ;)

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
And any damn body can carry a gun now so, yeah. Wonder why they haven't armed children in school yet? :shock: :laugh2:
but they've been very successful in marketing the bullet proof backpacks ( in this area at least ) . because

if you don't send you're child to school with the proper protection . well . you just don't care about their safety

bullet.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of my favorite players! One of the best blues guitarists and he's a damn jazz guitarist from hell.... Loves the blues....

He has several Squiers....

I love Squiers... Folks that say the suck are either Corkerazi or haven't played Squiers.... You pick up a Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified guitar or bass and you have a guitar worth multiples of price you'd pay....

I have the Squier Anniversary Gold Skrat. It is one of the best playing Skrats I've played and sounds unreal.... Worth more than what they sold for...

I have a VM 70s Jazz (the natural/maple.black blocks) that is on two albums and such so far...

I have a Squier Dimension V bass I would put against any Fender Dimension V or any V in playing or sound.... Even has the Fender high mass bridge and I truly think it has the Fender preamp... You know when you strap it on, you is ready to slay some shit...

If I was still out gigging guitar/bass, I would gig the hell out of CV/VM Squiers....

With the Affinity series and such, I would have to play several and pick one.... Had a customer bring in a brand new Squier Affinity V bass (champagne color) he had just gotten in the mail.... He wanted me to set it up and check for gigs on it. I checked it out, played it for a bit, took it back out to him and told him there was zero gigs on that instrument as in perfect. Perfect fit, perfect finish. perfect action. Just plain perfect.... There was NOTHING I could do to improve it. Perfect... Then tried to buy it off of him right there....

I don't even expect a high dollar anything to be perfect. I can say the upper line Squiers I've wrapped fingers on have been just as perfect as the big boys...and on par and sometimes exceeding some Fenders themselves...

If my shop were in a big city, I would carry Fender just to sell CV and VM Squier guitars and basses.... If there ever was an underrated brand, it is Squier.... Their bottom line is about like any generic guitar... They should call them Starcaster instead of Squier....

Back when we could get Squier (except CV/VM damnit) and Starcaster from KMC (Fender), we got a Starcaster Tele in and we were floored it was so damn good.... A bud came in (PRS, Lesters, has every damn thing and amps too) and played it for a minute and bought it right then. Still has it and it ain't for sale.... He has high dollar Teles and loves that cheap Starcaster... Planets lined up on that guitar...

Hi. My name is edro and I like Squiers. ;)

Latest Threads